100 Bq/Kg of cesium was measured from largemouth bass on 5/26/2012.
The bass was taken from Ashinoko lake (300km from Fukushima plant) in west Kanagawa. Kanagawa prefectural government assumes it was because of biological concentration.
There is Sagamiko lake at 40 km north east to Ashinoko lake. This is the headwater area of Yokohama and Kawasaki. Because it is closer to Fukushima, tap water of Yokohama and Kawasaki is likely to be contaminated as well.
S. Korea toughens restrictions on food imports from Japan
South Korea has toughened restrictions on food imports from Japan, imposed in the wake of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis, requiring certificates of inspection for radioactive substances to be attached to shipments of marine products from another seven prefectures, sources familiar with the matter said Thursday.
Fishery products from Hokkaido, Aomori, Iwate, Mie, Ehime, Nagasaki and Kumamoto, will be subjected to the requirement, starting with shipments on Friday, the sources said.
South Korea decided to apply the requirement to shipments from Aomori and Iwate as Japanese inspections found radioactive cesium in marine products from the prefectures in excess of allowable limits, while the addition of the five other prefectures follows the detection of the substance in South Korean inspections.
* At 1:41 PM on May 31, hydrazine injection to Unit 3 spent fuel pool utilizing the circulating cooling system was started. At 3:17 PM on the same day, injection was completed.
* At 8:36 AM on May 31, Second Cesium Adsorption Apparatus was temporarily stopped to backwash the filter. At 3:35 PM on the same day, the apparatus was restarted and the steady flow rate (approx. 40.0m3/h) was achieved.
* At 12:30 PM on May 29, data reading was failing on the Main Anti-Earthquake Building monitoring panel of the portable monitoring post at the west entrance. The same issue was occurring on the Main Anti-Earthquake Building monitoring panel of the wireless monitoring post used for alternative monitoring. The data from 12:30 PM to 7:30 PM was acquired by the alternative measurement done by a worker at the site. At 7:39 PM on the same day, the wireless monitoring system was recovered after resetting the equipment which transmits from the receiver to the terminal. As the data after 8:00 PM was acquired by the recovered wireless monitoring system, there is no data missing due to this issue. In the morning of May 31, the transmission cable of the monitoring post was repaired as it was disconnected. Also, the transmission cable connector was removed since its terminal was corroded. At around 1:00 PM on the same day, the monitoring post was recovered after directly connecting the cable (with its connector removed) and resetting the receiving terminal panel. At 6:00 PM on the same day, data acquisition utilizing the portable MP was restarted as no problem was found with it.
* At 10:00 AM on June 1, we started transferring the accumulated water in Unit 6 Turbine Building basement to the temporary tank.
* At 8:56 AM on June 1, Unit 4 spent fuel pool primary cooling system was temporarily suspended in order to replace the pump suction strainer (pool water temperature at the time it was stopped: approx. 31°C). The system will be suspended until June 3, however there is no problem with pool water temperature control as the temperature increase rate is estimated to be approx. 0.3°C/h.
* At 9:15 on May 19, we started transferring the accumulated water from Unit 3 Turbine Building basement to the Centralized Radiation Waste Treatment Facility (Miscellaneous Solid Waste Volume Reduction Treatment Building [High Temperature Incinerator Building]). At 9:58 AM on June 1, we stopped transferring.
* On June 1, sampling was conducted at the charcoal filter and the particulate filter in unit 1 PCV gas control system
* On June 1, dust sampling was conducted at the upper part of Unit 1 reactor building at the emission filter of Unit 1 reactor building cover.
* At 10:33 AM on May 29, we started up Unit 5 PCV fan which had been stopped after the earthquake in order to exhaust the air directly from PCV (Until now we have been opening the equipment hatch to exhaust the air). The fan continued operating for a short period of time until 10:30 AM on May 30. Upon our analysis of γ nuclides measurement result (at the main exhaust stack), it was confirmed that the fan operation did not negatively affect the detection level. At 10:30 AM on June 1, the fan was restarted for a continuous run.
* At 2:22 PM on June 1, we started transferring the accumulated water from Unit 1 Turbine Building basement to Unit 2 Turbine Building basement.
LoP Guest lop guest User ID: 99633 06-02-2012 05:52 PM
"From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran's main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America's first sustained use of cyberweapons, according to participants in the program.
Mr. Obama decided to accelerate the attacks - begun in the Bush administration and code-named Olympic Games - even after an element of the program accidentally became public in the summer of 2010 because of a programming error that allowed it to escape Iran's Natanz plant and sent it around the world on the Internet. Computer security experts who began studying the worm, which had been developed by the United States and Israel, gave it a name: Stuxnet.
Mr. Obama has repeatedly told his aides that there are risks to using - and particularly to overusing - the weapon. In fact, no country's infrastructure is more dependent on computer systems, and thus more vulnerable to attack, than that of the United States. It is only a matter of time, most experts believe, before it becomes the target of the same kind of weapon that the Americans have used, secretly, against Iran."
If you agree with the argument below, then that would make the Bush and Obama administrations, along with Israel, responsible for the Fukushima disaster (more ill winds yet to come):
“As a hypothesis, Stuxnet explains why the generators failed. It explains how the valves in the passive cooling systems got shut. It explains why engineers are still getting containment pressure readings from Reactor 3, even though the containment is no longer there, and it explains a lot of other things as well.”
Here is the full originating New York Times story:
That he would be a big supporter of cyberattacks is consistent with the stories coming out recently about his close involvement with the drone programs. He seems to like doing to the dirty work, but only if nobody's hands actually get dirty.
tethys Registered User User ID: 59284 06-03-2012 08:45 AM
Previously-Secret 1955 Government Report Concluded that Ocean May Not Adequately Dilute Radiation from Nuclear Accidents
According to a previously secret 1955 memo from the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission regarding concerns of the British government over contaminated tuna, “dissipation of radioactive fall-out in ocean waters is not a gradual spreading out of the activity from the region with the highest concentration to uncontaminated regions, but that in all probability the process results in scattered pockets and streams of higher radioactive materials in the Pacific.
High Beta Radiation on Floor Surface in Reactor 2 Building
As Toshiba workers splashed strippable paint on the floor at the Truck Bay Door of the Reactor 2 building (southwest corner) and stripped the paint to remove radioactive materials on the floor to lower the radiation for the future work (installing thermocouples), they were mostly removing the radioactive materials emitting beta radiation.
Outside Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, if the gamma radiation levels are measured in microsievert/hour in single or double-digit (i.e. 2 microsieverts/hour or 20 microsieverts/hour), they are considered high.
The samples of the "black dust measure anything from 0.6 microsievert/hour to over 50 microsieverts/hour depending on the locations, usually measuring gamma ray only.
At the entrance of the Reactor 2 building, the radiation levels on the floor are measured in millisieverts/hour. Of the four decon methods tried on the floor, vacuuming and strippable paint were somewhat effective in reducing the gamma radiation. Strippable paint was the most effective in reducing the beta radiation, and wet mopping and vacuuming were somewhat effective. Dry mopping spread the beta contamination, instead of reducing it.
10 millisieverts/hour is 10,000 microsieverts/hour.
All this work is to later install thermocouples in the Containment Vessel, and that will have to be done by human workers. The Truck Bay Door is one of the two ways to get to the possible installation locations.
Near one of the installation location candidates, there is a spot whose surface radiation exceeds 3,000 millisievert/hour (3 sieverts/hour or 3 million microsieverts/hour). TEPCO's first choice is to install on top of the TIP Room by entering from the Truck Bay Door (access route 1, in blue).
They may not be too keen to do the installation work near 3,000 millisievert/hour location...
"The Geospatial Information Authority of Japan reported to a government panel on Wednesday that analysis of global positioning system data shows that the tip of the Boso Peninsula has been moving about 3 centimeters north each year since 1997.
I’m preparing for my next journey. I thought I didn’t have anything to throw away anymore when I left Japan, but I’m still throwing away some clothes. I don’t need 2 pieces of coat. One clothes, one purpose. and I know they are contaminated.
Some of them are from my university days. Looking back the time, and before 311, everything was so peaceful. Ground was ground, food was food. You can even touch dead leaves. When you see the advertisement of bars, you don’t have to worry about Bq/kg. You can breathe in the wind. Sickness was curable. Children were promised to live long. You didn’t have to feel sad to see playing children on the street. The smell of the green was authentic, protests were funny. We thought about CDs, movies, TV shows, Manga etc.. There were nothing more serious.
Looking back those times, everywhere was like a living room with clean carpet. You could have lied on the street, you were literally allowed to live.
and then, everything changed. On 3/15, when fallout came to Tokyo, I was working outside. Because I was a civil engineer, I sometimes had to sit down on the street, touch the soil, breathed in dust. and it continued until December. I don’t know how much I was contaminated. I touched it. Some people say there is remediation, but they are almost nothing. Exposure is irreversible. Radiation exposure is the matter of your attitude toward life. Can you sacrifice what you have for the future ? This is what matters.
It doesn’t sound. no taste. You can’t see it. but from my research, Tokyo is as contaminated as Kiev. Entire Japan will be severely contaminated too because of debris. Even without the debris, you would eat contaminated food.
You must find it happy to be able to see children without being reminded of death.
I don’t want to regret when something happens. When it happens, I want to say to myself, “Yes, I did everything I could do. I did more than my best, but it was inevitable.” but I don’t think I’m doing my best yet. I could warn more, I could save more people in Japan. My life is full of self-resentment, but I want to feel like I did everything when I die at least.
If you feel something to read this, I would like you to re-think, did you try ?
I know you are trying hard everyday. but it’s not that.
Today I posted the historical moment when the government lied to the tax payers.
The world is full of hypocrisy. Too many people try to ignore the truth and live in idleness. Giving up changing and accept the manipulated justice. You may not change it, but if you don’t try, you are as guilty as them.
If your country still has nuclear plants, you can still stop them. Japan is over, but you still have time. Don’t follow after Japan.
This website exists for fun and discussion only. The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality
or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events.
The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites,
are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way
representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this
website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific
author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual
information on behalf of the owner or administration of
LunaticOutPost.Com. The owners or administration of this website can't
be hold responsible for content hosted on sites that posters link to
in; including, but not limited to, posts, signatures, private messages and such.
This site may contain content not suitable for minors and if you feel
you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.
Fair Use Notice:
This site may contain copyrighted material the use
of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright
owner. Users may make such material available in an effort to advance
awareness and understanding of issues relating to civil rights,
economics, individual rights, international affairs, liberty, science
& technology, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any
such copyrighted material. The
material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have
expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for
research and educational purposes.
In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users
limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant
portions of the article you wish to discuss (no more than 50% of the
source material) provide a link back to the original article and provide
your original comments / criticism in your post with the article. If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and
you believe a post on this website falls outside the boundaries of "Fair
Use" and legitimately infringes on yours or your clients copyright please contact [email protected]
This website is owned by :
2516 XR The Hague
I will not rent, sell, share or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party.
We might contact you from time to time
regarding your purchases or the services (like forums and announcement
lists) you have subscribed to.
to track peformance and/or to serve relevant ads.
If you wish to read more and/or opt out of such cookies, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/