News
news New 40-seat 'Bio-Bus' runs on human waste
news Black Holes Align with Each Other
news Smelly Corpse Flower Set to Bloom
news Two New Subatomic Particles Discovered by CERN Physicists
news Shape-shifting home transforms throughout the year in response to changing temperatures
news Strange Russian Spacecraft Could Be Space Weapon
news Breakthrough: Comet Lander Detected Organic Molecules
news The man who can hear Wi-Fi wherever he walks
news Transylvania’s Haunted Forest, Known as Romania’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’: Hoia Baciu
news 'Killer robots' need to be strictly monitored, nations warn at UN meeting
news Astronomers Puzzled by Stormy Clouds Around Uranus

Advertisement

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Brigitte Bardot offers to take Sea Shepherd founder's place in prison
Galaxy r.i.p.
Luctor et emergo
User ID: 68880
05-17-2012 11:20 AM

RE: Brigitte Bardot offers to take Sea Shepherd founder's place in prison
Advertisement
11:11  Wrote: (05-16-2012 10:50 PM)
It's amazing how many people in this thread throw around the word 'terrorist' and have so little regard for helpless animals. I don't think Sea Shepherd is forceful enough. If someone is beating a seal in the head with a club, they are a sick mutherfucker and deserve that club on their own skull.

Jhikpghf

Now the people who try to protect animals are even terrorists.

In the beginning there was nothing...and even that exploded..
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 12:27 PM by Galaxy.) Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zero Point
lop guest
User ID: 93782
05-17-2012 12:15 PM

Ghenghy  Wrote: (05-16-2012 10:13 PM)
Zardoz  Wrote: (05-16-2012 07:58 PM)
Ghenghy  Wrote: (05-16-2012 07:37 PM)
Link please Z, never heard that one.

I'm looking for the specific story - but have to go out for a bit. Here's a few related pieces...

Quote:Greenpeace refuses to co-operate with SSCS by sharing information on the whereabouts of whaling fleets because it says SSCS uses violent tactics. Watson counters this, saying his methods yield results and SSCS has sunk 10 whaling ships, with no injuries caused.

Watson was membership number 008 in Greenpeace. He founded SSCS's forerunner, the Earth Force Society, in 1977, the same year he was voted off Greenpeace's board of directors. There were concerns within Greenpeace over his methods, including an incident when he pulled a club from a sealer's hand and threw it in the water, but Watson claims he left on good terms. However, his departure only highlighted the groups' ideological differences.

In 1986, on being asked what he thought of being labelled an eco-terrorist by Greenpeace, Watson responded by calling them "the Avon Ladies of the environmental movement", something he says they have never forgiven him for. Five years later they agreed to refrain from criticising each other but the truce failed to hold, with each blaming the other for violating it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...greenpeace

Quote:Sea Shepherd has received support for its tactics against fishing, whaling, and seal hunting from quarters such as media personalities, while critics have called the direct action violent.[4]

Operations have included scuttling and disabling whaling vessels at harbor, intervening in Canadian and Namibian seal hunts,[5] shining laser light into the eyes of whalers,[6][7] throwing bottles of foul-smelling butyric acid onto vessels at sea,[7] boarding of whaling vessels while at sea, and seizure and destruction of drift nets at sea. Sea Shepherd claims that their aggressive actions are necessary as the international community has shown itself unwilling or unable to stop species-endangering whaling and fishing practices.[8] The American,[9] Canadian,[10][11] and Japanese governments,[12] as well as the Institute of Cetacean Research of Japan,[13] have referred to them as terrorists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shephe...on_Society

Every single time I've ever said that I am against terrorist tactics that violate others' human rights from animal activists - I have always received the same kind of nasty comments declaring I am un-American and deserve to die for my views because animals are suffering or some form of that.

I think that many animal activists are mentally unbalanced to respond so outrageously. It's unwarranted. Why is violence and hatred always the answer for an animal rights activist? Why is it "any method that gets results"?

Beating children gets results. They don't act up. But it's not right, you know? This is so common knowledge that it's in Wiki. Why has no one heard this?

OK, look Z this is how this shit gets overblown and exaggerated. That accusation of "boarding" sounds like an illegal act of piracy, it wasn't. Two Sea Shepherd crew members however did board a Japanese ship with the intent of delivering a message, that is all. No hanky panky, and they were simply turned over to Australian authorities. Big deal.

This thing about holding a gun to somebody's head I'm just refusing to believe... there aint nowhere in the world you can get away with that shit.

Jhikpghf Never heard that one.
Running down drift nets, ramming illegal whalers and shark finners, scuttling whaling vessels at anchor..
All fine by me.
Never heard of them using guns in any way.
Sounds like disinfo to me.
Quote this message in a reply
Zero Point
lop guest
05-17-2012 12:20 PM

As I've always said about whalers:
The day they can farm a whale in their own territory and harvest that whale. Fine, no problem.
Until then, they're taking whales that grew in my ocean (at least in part) and therefore stealing from the entire planet.
On a purely commercial level, I demand my cut or f*#k you.
Meadow
lop guest
User ID: 70479
05-17-2012 12:29 PM

What do we have here?

Sea Shepherd and Sea Hag.

Bardot is an old washed up, sun damaged actress. This has very little to do with animal rights, and everything to do with her narcissist personality.
Galaxy r.i.p.
Luctor et emergo
User ID: 68880
05-17-2012 12:34 PM

Meadow  Wrote: (05-17-2012 12:29 PM)
What do we have here?

Sea Shepherd and Sea Hag.

Bardot is an old washed up, sun damaged actress. This has very little to do with animal rights, and everything to do with her narcissist personality.

Wrong, she has defended animal rights her life long.

In the beginning there was nothing...and even that exploded..
Zardoz
President of Fuktardistan
User ID: 60983
05-17-2012 01:38 PM

Another link - not the one with the story about the gun held to the head, but they mention it without directly attributing it. I think I heard about it from Sea Shepherd's MySpace profile when it happened. I had lots of vegetarian and activist friends until I got tired of their macabre celebrations and snarky comments about human deaths - and expressed wishes for people to die. I remember the comments on the post. Most thought he was a hero for using the gun and that he should have shot the captain in the head for what he'd done to the whales. I hadn't seen that side of animal rights activists and was horrified. Their urging of others to call in bomb threats to restaurants that served something they didn't approve of freaked me out too. I asked, "Isn't that a little extreme?" They said, "No, it gets results." I think it's a tad terroristic to threaten to bomb a restaurant for serving meat.

Of course, it will be said that this (and all negative press) is hyperbole and exaggeration and therefore doesn't count. What kind of argument is that? I forget.

Quote:We differ with Paul Watson on what constitutes violence. He states that nobody has ever been harmed by a Sea Shepherd action. But the test of non-violence is the nature of your action, not whether harm results or not. There are many acts of violence -- for example, holding a gun to someone's head -- which result in no harm. That doesn't change their nature. We believe that throwing butryic acid at the whalers, dropping cables to foul their props, and threatening to ram them in the freezing waters of the Antarctic constitutes violence because of the potential consequences. The fact that the consequences have not been realised is irrelevant.

In addition to being morally wrong, we believe the use of violence in protection of whales to be a tactical error. If there's one way to harden Japanese public opinion and ensure whaling continues, it's to use violent tactics against their fleet. It's wrong because it puts human lives at risk, and it's wrong because it makes the whalers stronger in Japan.

We work with many other groups whose methods differ from ours, and we know the power of cooperation among groups with a common objective but diverse ways of working. We have for decades had productive working relationships with the Worldwide Fund for Nature, Friends of the Earth, International Fund for Animal Welfare, Sierra Club, Environmental Investigative Agency, and a host of other groups dedicated to whale conservation. We would only be willing to cooperate with Sea Shepherd under the condition that it would not facilitate endangering human life.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/...ul-watson/

Is GreenPeace lying too? They could be. . . . . .

Do you think killing abortion doctors is a good deed because it saves babies? Some people do. I don't. I don't think 2 wrongs make a right.
http://nizkor.org/features/fallacies/two...right.html

What would Skippy do?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 02:01 PM by Zardoz.) Quote this message in a reply
Crispan Varro
Death to the Archons, freedom for all.
User ID: 96928
05-17-2012 02:29 PM

This man is a "HERO"

[Image: A6FF_4FB4EEBA.jpg]

Bump For all the right reasons

Until you are broken, you
don't know what you are made of.
Fall, but Rise. Break, but never crumble. True strength.
Zero Point
lop guest
05-17-2012 02:30 PM

Crispan Varro  Wrote: (05-17-2012 02:29 PM)
This man is a "HERO"

I can't help but support those guys.
Shit, they're pirates that sink whalers, it's every boys dream.
Crispan Varro
Death to the Archons, freedom for all.
User ID: 96928
05-17-2012 02:34 PM

Zero Point  Wrote: (05-17-2012 02:30 PM)
Crispan Varro  Wrote: (05-17-2012 02:29 PM)
This man is a "HERO"

I can't help but support those guys.
Shit, they're pirates that sink whalers, it's every boys dream.

I would give my left "nut" to be an active member of that crew.
"Every boys dream" your not wrong there.

Until you are broken, you
don't know what you are made of.
Fall, but Rise. Break, but never crumble. True strength.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 03:44 PM by Crispan Varro.) Quote this message in a reply
Zardoz
President of Fuktardistan
User ID: 60983
05-19-2012 07:31 PM

Maybe Watson's actions are very similar to pushing a psychopath off the ice in Alaska the way the eskimos did and taking a pedophile behind the barn and shooting him in the head back in the days of old. I'm a bit ambivalent about those actions although they are not right. Sometimes it's worth the price to protect society.

Can Sea Shepherd go to the White House?
We've got some pedophilic psychopath's who eat seafood - whom society would be better off without!!!!

What would Skippy do?
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2012 07:32 PM by Zardoz.) Quote this message in a reply

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS 2.1