News
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons
news How plants reclaimed Chernobyl's poisoned land
news First Robot Arm Controlled by Thought Alone
news By 2050, many U.S. cities will have weather like they’ve never seen
news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 348173
05-22-2019 02:02 AM

cow Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'
Advertisement
“What I love too is growing plants that are culturally familiar to the community. It’s so important,” she said as she filmed a community garden in the Bronx.

“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”

She went on to add that growing cauliflower in such gardens is a “colonial approach” and the reason communities of color oppose environmentalist movements.

“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”

“But when you really think about it — when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something — what you’re doing is that you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism.”

She can easily play the two parts in Jim Carey's movie dumb and dumber Lmao
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 481893
05-22-2019 02:06 AM

RE: Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'
Mandela Effect : Jim Carey is now Jim Carrey saved you the hassle...it's always been like that.
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2019 02:11 AM

The Cabal does not want Americans to be able to grown their own food or collect their own water.These Gmo nazis are gonna tax air soon.
Damnrod
Pull my finger
User ID: 208943
05-22-2019 02:14 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2019 02:02 AM)
“What I love too is growing plants that are culturally familiar to the community. It’s so important,” she said as she filmed a community garden in the Bronx.

“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”

She went on to add that growing cauliflower in such gardens is a “colonial approach” and the reason communities of color oppose environmentalist movements.

“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”

“But when you really think about it — when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something — what you’re doing is that you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism.”

She can easily play the two parts in Jim Carey's movie dumb and dumber Lmao

Well the problem with the communist darliing s

she doesn't know...

she doesn't know much of anything

you realize she answered an ad for a spokesperson and she won....she auditioned for the part...literally

she is not a "real" deal...she is a literal puppet

if Cenk Uygur hasn't written her script, she fumbles all over herself

Yes...Cenk Uygur from Young Turks

He is the missing brain behind all she does

I am not lying or making this up...you have to look for it yourself or you will not believe it

She is not a terrible person...she is just a naive person with zero real life experience and a handful of propaganda to spread

I liked the video of her marveling over her garden

I garden and gardening is amazing and everyone should react exactly like she did...it is a wonderful thing to bring food and beauty out of the dirt

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"...Thomas Jefferson

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it"...Thomas Jefferson

[Image: Freedom.jpg]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 412093
05-22-2019 02:23 AM

A paid mouth, who could'nt find her way out of the dark, with a spotlight.
Xeno Heresy
User ID: 434473
05-22-2019 02:28 AM

Cauliflower is white so it's too racist to plant in community gardens.

From now on the only things allowed in community gardens are nuts and cocoa beans.

Because Occasional Cortex is coo-coo for coacoa puffs.

[Image: heresy3.jpg]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 501904
05-22-2019 04:03 AM

Don’t you mean the ‘Justice Democrats’ told her to say that...
Greener
User ID: 452588
05-22-2019 04:18 AM

A "colonial approach" to gardening, from The Plant herself. WTF does she know or care about nutrition? She understands olives, lemons, cherries, straws and toothpicks, apron and tips. And that's about it from what she evidences.
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2019 04:25 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2019 02:11 AM)
The Cabal does not want Americans to be able to grown their own food or collect their own water.These Gmo nazis are gonna tax air soon.

Monsanto to release new Gmo Air to consumers.
Full Circle
Alive
User ID: 484269
05-22-2019 04:26 AM

She maybe doesn't understand grow zones? chuckle What's she doin' in the Bronx talking about Yucca? Rofl

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2019 04:26 AM

The Obamanation  Wrote: (05-22-2019 02:28 AM)
Cauliflower is white so it's too racist to plant in community gardens.

From now on the only things allowed in community gardens are nuts and cocoa beans.

Because Occasional Cortex is coo-coo for coacoa puffs.

She is trained to hate the color white. #triggered by gov mind control
Natura Naturans
User ID: 497797
05-22-2019 05:44 AM

Any one here ever grow and or eat Yucca? When I lived in California up near Oroville I had a large stand of mature Yucca. I read that you could eat the stems, just boil them like potatoes. Sure nuff, they even tasted like russet potatoes except they have yellow fibers through the flesh. Not annoying, they were easy to pick out. The trouble with Yucca is it takes a long time to mature. They are really practical in ultra dry climates because they hardly need water at all. I don't ever remember watering them.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.” --Baruch Spinoza
Soul.
Ꮚ•ꈊ•Ꮚ
User ID: 471163
05-22-2019 05:54 AM

Full Circle  Wrote: (05-22-2019 04:26 AM)
She maybe doesn't understand grow zones? chuckle What's she doin' in the Bronx talking about Yucca? Rofl

Pretty sure she's trolling the trump people chuckle
Full Circle
Alive
User ID: 484269
05-22-2019 06:22 AM

Soul.  Wrote: (05-22-2019 05:54 AM)
Full Circle  Wrote: (05-22-2019 04:26 AM)

Pretty sure she's trolling the trump people chuckle

So cauliflower is getting a bad rap for that? It's healthy! And it grows well in the northern climes! (And my parrot likes it!)

https://draxe.com/cauliflower/

I'll take cauliflower over yucca.... chuckle

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 441964
05-22-2019 06:35 AM

Natura Naturans  Wrote: (05-22-2019 05:44 AM)
Any one here ever grow and or eat Yucca? When I lived in California up near Oroville I had a large stand of mature Yucca. I read that you could eat the stems, just boil them like potatoes. Sure nuff, they even tasted like russet potatoes except they have yellow fibers through the flesh. Not annoying, they were easy to pick out. The trouble with Yucca is it takes a long time to mature. They are really practical in ultra dry climates because they hardly need water at all. I don't ever remember watering them.

If you cut the head, it'll grow 2 from that spot.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication