news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'
news Whitley Strieber reflects on his career
news 12-Year-Old Builds Fusion Reactor in His Family's Playroom
news Scientists build 'self-aware' robot able to repair itself
news Startup Plans to Send Pregnant Woman into Space to Give Birth
news Retailers sell out of macaroni and cheese with a 20-year shelf life
news Hunt for the Blackstar: On the Trail of the Military’s Secret 'Mothership'
news TV Series ‘Project Blue Book’ Is Based on a True UFO Story. Here It Is.
news The Mysterious Butterfly People of Missouri
news Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-aging treatment

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea
eSheep
lop guest
User ID: 461243
06-11-2019 03:54 PM

reporter Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea
Advertisement
The settlement was on good land for the hunter-gatherers who lived there. This settlement was submerged as the last glaciation period ended. There is a lot of good information about the past contained in this article.

"Scientists, who have studied the distribution of ancient human activity and settlement sites on land, applied their knowledge to the drowned Stone Age landscape of Britain’s North Sea Atlantis – and rapidly struck archaeological “gold”.

The two stone artefacts – recovered in two seabed sediment samples (each of just over a cubic foot) from target seabed sites (25 miles north of Blakeney, Norfolk) – don’t look visually impressive. But they are, for the very first time, enabling archaeologists to home in on what is likely to be Stone Age settlement sites that were swallowed up by the sea in around 6000 BC.

The potential settlements themselves – on opposite sides of an ancient river estuary – are even older – probably dating from between 8200 and 7700 BC.

The discoveries are particularly important because it’s usually impossible to find former coastal sites of that age on dry land. That is because the partial melting of the Ice Age ice sheets at the end of the last glaciation led to a massive rise in sea levels worldwide.

Back in the Stone Age, as people still do today, very significant proportions of the population lived on the coast (where resources were often more plentiful) – and so their ancient habitats now lie, more often than not, at the bottom of the sea."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho...52721.html
Quote this message in a reply
eSheep
lop guest
User ID: 461243
06-11-2019 06:16 PM

reporter RE: Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea
Thanks for the pin mods
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 502561
06-11-2019 06:42 PM

RE: Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea
eSheep  Wrote: (06-11-2019 06:16 PM)
Thanks for the pin mods

Use it wisely for the good of all peoples.
PuddyCat
⚡I Want Tuna⚡
User ID: 348173
06-11-2019 07:45 PM

RE: Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea
Doggerland: The Cradle of Ancient British Neolithic Civilisation

The sunken landmass of #Doggerland in the North Sea was once home to an estimated 100,000 people, sinking under the waves at the exact time when #Neolithic culture arrived in #AncientBritain and Scandinavia. It is my belief that this lost civilisation transformed Britain around 4000 BC. Were the people of Doggerland responsible for sites such as #Stonehenge, #LongBarrows and #CursusMonuments? Doggerland may well have been the cradle of British civilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvOcK4wfIHo
PuddyCat
⚡I Want Tuna⚡
User ID: 348173
06-11-2019 07:47 PM

Scientists Are Investigating A 9,000 Year Old Sunken Atlantis That May Rewrite European History

Scientists Are Investigating A 9,000 Year Old Sunken Atlantis That May Rewrite European History When scientists began studying the bottom of the North Sea, they discovered a hidden world that could change history as we know it. For almost 9,000 years Doggerland has lain at the bottom of the ocean, its secrets buried beneath the waves of the North Sea. Now, divers are beginning to investigate this forgotten land…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltzUF3soUo
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 495379
06-12-2019 12:23 AM

Thanks for the pin mods

You're welcome!

Just more proof of crustal shift!

North sea was probably a land mass south of the equator back in the day
Old Whatshisname staff
retired aerospace bureaucrat
User ID: 503827
06-12-2019 02:30 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-12-2019 12:23 AM)
Thanks for the pin mods

You're welcome!

No; there was not a "crustal shift".

First, I think the geology in the cited Yootoob is pretty accurate; I doubt if any geologist would disagree with the basic information mentioned there:
  1. 10,000 years BPE, the amount of glaciation was such that enough water was tied up in glaciers and ice-caps so that the overall sea level ws at least a couple hundred meters lower than it is now.
  2. By around 6500 BCE, the melting glaciation has caused the seal level to rise to the point where much of the lower portions of Doggerland had been inundated, much as the Marshall Islands and other low-lying atolls are being inundated now. Now for the really bad news:
  3. Around 6200 BCE, here comes the Storegga Landslides (three of them)! These bad boys off the coast of Norway were like to Azores Landslides we think may happen someday, which could raise 50-meter tsunamis that would wipe out little coastal towns like New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc. What happened is that they smashed into the already pretty low-lying remnants of Doggerland and washed much of it away. (Nothing to see here folks; move along!)
  4. An interesting side-bar is that scientists don't see all that much of a correlation between the subsurface of the Western Norwegian coast which could cause such a landslide*; as a result, some paleogeologists believe that it could have been an earthquake triggering a catastrophic expansion of frozen methane hydrates. A cubic meter of solid hydrate expands to 164 cubic meters of methane. Boom! Even more unpleasant to think about is that there's a lot of methane hydrates buried along the deeper portions of the ocean, as well as in permafrost in places like Siberia, Alaska, and Northern Canada. Given climate changes and changes to permafrost which hasn't thawed in millennia, you can figure out what kinds of Bad Juju we might see over the next half-century or so. Anyway...
  5. Withe the glaciation (which weighed literally trillions of tons) no longer pressing down on the landscape, these areas which had actually been compressed by the weight of the ice are -- even today -- springing back in places as far apart s Scotland, the Great Lakes, and the Chesapeake Bay.
  6. Were there Mesolithic, Lower Neolithic cultures in Doggerland? No argument there!
    Did these Mesolithic settlements impact neolithic cultures in present-day Great Britain and Scotland? Quite possibly!
    Was there a Lost Continent of Atlantis there? No.
    Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"I am teh most inteligent poster here. How may i asist you in you're quary?"
-- actual post from un-named poster on LOP.
alphaFem
User ID: 487897
06-12-2019 06:11 AM

eSheep  Wrote: (06-11-2019 03:54 PM)
The settlement was on good land for the hunter-gatherers who lived there. This settlement was submerged as the last glaciation period ended. There is a lot of good information about the past contained in this article.

"Scientists, who have studied the distribution of ancient human activity and settlement sites on land, applied their knowledge to the drowned Stone Age landscape of Britain’s North Sea Atlantis – and rapidly struck archaeological “gold”.

The two stone artefacts – recovered in two seabed sediment samples (each of just over a cubic foot) from target seabed sites (25 miles north of Blakeney, Norfolk) – don’t look visually impressive. But they are, for the very first time, enabling archaeologists to home in on what is likely to be Stone Age settlement sites that were swallowed up by the sea in around 6000 BC.

The potential settlements themselves – on opposite sides of an ancient river estuary – are even older – probably dating from between 8200 and 7700 BC.

The discoveries are particularly important because it’s usually impossible to find former coastal sites of that age on dry land. That is because the partial melting of the Ice Age ice sheets at the end of the last glaciation led to a massive rise in sea levels worldwide.

Back in the Stone Age, as people still do today, very significant proportions of the population lived on the coast (where resources were often more plentiful) – and so their ancient habitats now lie, more often than not, at the bottom of the sea."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho...52721.html

maybe but thats not where atlantis was
Atlantean
lop guest
User ID: 504036
06-12-2019 07:39 AM

I am a Atlantean. Also known as the Tualtha de Danann. Bow down to my natural superiority.

Worship
de dannann
lop guest
User ID: 504036
06-12-2019 07:40 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-12-2019 12:23 AM)
Thanks for the pin mods

You're welcome!

Glacial retreat, dummy!
D3VILSR3J3CT
....☥⛧♂∞⚡∞♀⛥☥....
User ID: 504028
06-12-2019 10:53 AM

Atlantis was on every continent.
Not just one specific area.

Silly peasants.

Though...Perhaps the geography might have been a tad different back then.
If one takes into account tectonic plate movement.

[Image: 548671_273609259408485_967342574_n.jpg]
Richard Eldritch
Hussar!
User ID: 504054
06-12-2019 11:25 AM

As Old Whatsit says, Ice caps came as far south as London. That amout of ice would lower sea levels and so expose a huge landmass. It wasn't just Doggerland ( or Dogger Bank as Seafarers know it) Lyonesse was an extension of Cornwall. The World Map would have been very different and Local Atlantis' (Atlanti?) are common.

"Tricky Dicky Ritchy Eldrich is indeed an asshole. You should commit yourself to a monastery and live out your dwindling days milking goats and making foul smelling cheese in some dank basement, wot."
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 503950
06-12-2019 12:33 PM

decades ago when i lived in the far north of Scotland a old lady informed me that when she was a child they were farming out to where she pointed , and that was out at sea , where we went down the steps to the beach had been 20 years before that a golf course
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 504065
06-12-2019 02:32 PM

Imagine what they could reveal if they scouted the seas and oceans the way they are scouting the outer limits of the van allen belt?
Old Whatshisname staff
retired aerospace bureaucrat
User ID: 503827
06-12-2019 02:37 PM

Atlantean  Wrote: (06-12-2019 07:39 AM)
I am a Atlantean. Also known as the Tualtha de Danann. Bow down to my natural superiority.

I'm not sure that your natural superiority extends to knowing how to spell your own name.

It's Tuatha de Danann.

"I am teh most inteligent poster here. How may i asist you in you're quary?"
-- actual post from un-named poster on LOP.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication