News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Hong Kong On Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzhen; 100s Of Flights Cancelled
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 348173
08-12-2019 01:59 PM

teach Hong Kong On Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzhen; 100s Of Flights Cancelled
Advertisement
Hong Kong On The Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzen; 100s Of Flights Cancelled Over Protester "Terrorism"

Protesters flooded Hong Kong's airport, one of the busiest in the world, on Monday, forcing authorities to cancel more than 100 flights as demonstrators expressed their anger over the violent police response to protests the night before.

Video of the airport terminal showed thick crowds chanting protest slogans.

Amid the unrest, Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong's flagship carrier, has reportedly fired two employees and suspended a pilot for participating in the protests. The airline said over the weekend that it would 'comply with a directive from China's aviation authority'. According to the FT, Cathay's move was "the starkest sign yet of Beijing's growing readiness to make high-profile businesses choose between the protesters and the government. The company's shares were off more than 4% in recent trade.

More broadly speaking, European equities sold off as the developments in Hong Kong created a risk off mood on a morning that was mostly devoid of data.

Per the NYT, the protesters gathered throughout the day, first filling up the arrival halls, before expanding upstairs to the departure halls. Monday's protest is a continuation of a three-day peaceful sit-in at the airport which began on Friday. It bore none of the violence that demonstrations on Sunday night had, where police fired tear gas inside a subway station and charged at protesters on an escalator.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/world...tions.html

Some incoming flights were being diverted to Taiwan.

Noel Tse, a 29-year-old nurse, said she participated in the sit-in at the airport because she thought the police had acted to aggressively on Sunday. "As a member of Hong Kong, this incident is no longer a political issue," Tse said. "It is a battle between right and wrong."

But even more ominously, over the border in Shenzen, the Chinese city that lies directly across from Hong Kong, Chinese People's Liberation Army forces were building up ahead of what appears to be a "apparent large-scale exercise," according to the Global Times. "Numerous" armored personnel carriers, trucks and other vehicles of the paramilitary police were seen heading towards Shenzhen over the weekend. That means the long-awaited military intervention from the mainland could be just around the corner - something that the Hong Kong people have condemned.

Yang Guang, spokesman from China’s Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office, said there should be a crackdown on violence in the city, during a briefing.

Though a military conflict in Hong Kong would certainly rattle global markets. Remember what Steve "the Big Short" Eisman said last week. His biggest fear right now are the Hong Kong protests, which he says could endanger any kind of trade deal with China and hurt the global economy. "If things escalate even further in Hong Kong, that would have a real impact back on the global economy."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-1...ops-gather
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019 02:49 PM by Disturbed.) Quote this message in a reply
general mishka
User ID: 508883
08-12-2019 02:11 PM

RE: Hong Kong On The Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzen; 100s Of Flights Cancelle
Pin Request

I got a text from a friend that works there, its getting serious with the airport closed. Guess Im not flying Cathay Pacific on my next trip to SE Asia
Bummer too, that's the best trans pacific airline
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
08-12-2019 02:14 PM

RE: Hong Kong On The Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzen; 100s Of Flights Cancelle
general mishka  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:11 PM)
Pin Request

I got a text from a friend that works there, its getting serious with the airport closed. Guess Im not flying Cathay Pacific on my next trip to SE Asia

Hope your friend gets out of there, if there's any move by the Chinese troops all communications will be cut.
Sultan of Wings
User ID: 504617
08-12-2019 02:21 PM

Looking at HKG airport movements on Flightradar24.

Showing lots of cancelled flights (departures and arrivals)

20:15
canceled canceled
Beijing (PEK)
CA116 (321)
20:20
canceled canceled
Nanjing (NKG)
HX218 (320)
20:20
canceled canceled
Beijing (PEK)
HX304 (333)
20:25
canceled canceled
Singapore (SIN)
CX715 (773)
20:25
canceled canceled
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
KA727 (330)
20:30
canceled canceled
Manila (MNL)
CX913 (333)
canceled canceled
Tianjin (TSN)
HX362 (332)
canceled canceled
Jinjiang (JJN)
ZH9094 (320)
20:35
scheduled scheduled
Luxembourg (LUX)
CV7211 (74F)
20:35
canceled canceled
Bangkok (BKK)
HX779 (359)
20:40
canceled canceled
Zhengzhou (CGO)
CX3250 (74Y)
canceled canceled
Taichung (RMQ)
AE1832 (E190)
20:50 estimated
Anchorage (ANC)
5Y4302 (B744)
20:45
canceled canceled
Hangzhou (HGH)
MF8012 (738)
canceled canceled
Port Moresby (POM)
PX19 (763)
canceled canceled
Bangkok (BKK)
TG607 (359)

these
and many many more.

Anon

I came. I saw. I Concorde.
Sultan of Wings
User ID: 504617
08-12-2019 02:23 PM

Pin Request

I recommend EVA AIR via Taipei
a wonderful airline

Bonus: you can eat unlimited quantities of Mövenpick Ice Cream in the Taipei Star Business Lounge!

chuckle

I came. I saw. I Concorde.
LoP Guest
lop guest
08-12-2019 02:25 PM

Sultan of Wings  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:23 PM)
Pin Request

a wonderful airline

Bonus: you can eat unlimited quantities of Mövenpick Ice Cream in the Taipei Star Business Lounge!

chuckle

Blink
general mishka
08-12-2019 02:30 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:14 PM)
Pin Request

Hope your friend gets out of there, if there's any move by the Chinese troops all communications will be cut.

Thanks
He works for Hong Kong Disney, so he should at least be safe. He is more worried about his job than anything else. I know a lady that works as a English Tutor for a wealthy Chinese family, I just texted her
Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
User ID: 1
08-12-2019 02:32 PM

The led strip I ordered on Wish has been stuck for days at Shenzhen exchange station. Not sure if that's normal or is related to what the Chinese government is doing to their citizens... This is just as bad as what France is doing to the yellow vests.

[Image: mybbsig.php]
general mishka
08-12-2019 02:34 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:25 PM)
Sultan of Wings  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:23 PM)
a wonderful airline

chuckle

Blink

I have flown EVA, they are often the lowest cost out of Chicago. Its a good airline and you cant beat Chicago to SE Asia for $600 or so dollars

Im jealous, I have never made it into a business lounge at Taipei. But for an airport, they have good food and well priced drinks
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 510315
08-12-2019 02:35 PM

LoP Guest
lop guest
08-12-2019 02:39 PM

Disturbed  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:32 PM)
The led strip I ordered on Wish has been stuck for days at Shenzhen exchange station. Not sure if that's normal or is related to what the Chinese government is doing to their citizens... This is just as bad as what France is doing to the yellow vests.

Could very well be connected to whats happening there. I usually order electronic component parts from various places in China/Hong Kong via EBay.
Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
User ID: 1
08-12-2019 02:45 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-12-2019 02:39 PM)

Could very well be connected to whats happening there. I usually order electronic component parts from various places in China/Hong Kong via EBay.

My first Wish order.. Tissue

O well, it was just 12 Euro, what's happening to the people is way worse..

[Image: mybbsig.php]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 504680
08-12-2019 02:56 PM

RE: Hong Kong On Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzhen; 100s Of Flights Cancelled
My hope is that this does not evolve into anything nasty, I know far to many people from/in hong kong but really have not kept up with events.. fingers cross this has a peaceful and good ending..
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 511240
08-12-2019 03:21 PM

RE: Hong Kong On Edge: Chinese Troops Gather In Shenzhen; 100s Of Flights Cancelled

I don't know. They topple themselves it seems. Ripe for a complete take over.
JohnPrewett
User ID: 511241
08-12-2019 03:27 PM

My Thai wife (who pays minimum attention to "news") noticed on Thai TV that Thai flights to Hong Kong were cancelled.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication