News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Napoleon’s bronze death mask still shrouded in mystery almost 200 years later
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 348173
08-13-2019 10:00 PM

teach Napoleon’s bronze death mask still shrouded in mystery almost 200 years later
Advertisement
A mysterious bronze death mask of French Emperor Napoleon offers a macabre glimpse into his death in exile on the remote Atlantic island of St. Helena.

The mask was cast from a mold taken shortly after Napoleon’s death, according to New Orleans gallery M.S. Rau Antiques, which is selling the unusual artifact for $34,500. Napoleon, who had been exiled to the British territory of St. Helena following his defeat in the Battle of Waterloo, died on May 5, 1821.

The 250th anniversary of Napoleon’s birth is Aug. 15.

link to image: https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.c...?ve=1&tl=1

“There remains some dispute about who took the original ‘parent cast’ of the deposed emperor, explains M.S. Rau Antiques on its website. While it was once thought that Napoleon’s personal physician, Dr. Francesco Antommarchi, took the original plaster-of-Paris cast, it is now thought that the cast was taken by British Army doctor Francis Burton on May 7, 1821.

“After setting it to dry, he reluctantly entrusted it to a Madame Bertrand, who had been a member of Napoleon’s court and shared his exile, for safekeeping until it was dry enough to pack away,” says M.S. Rau. “Unfortunately, Madame Bertrand must have had no intention of giving this precious item up, and removed all but the back third part of the mask before returning to France with her husband.”

Pics below

https://www.foxnews.com/science/napoleon...sk-mystery
Quote this message in a reply
PopEye
Have You Had Spinach Today?
User ID: 436592
08-13-2019 11:17 PM

RE: Napoleon’s bronze death mask still shrouded in mystery almost 200 years later
[Image: NapoleonDeathMask.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

[Image: Death_mask_of_Napoleon-IMG_1535-black.jpg]

[Image: download5.jpe]

Non Sequitur
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2019 11:23 PM by PopEye.) Quote this message in a reply
PopEye
08-13-2019 11:26 PM

RE: Napoleon’s bronze death mask still shrouded in mystery almost 200 years later
Quite interesting, thanks for posting this OP! 5*

Non Sequitur
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 510711
08-13-2019 11:45 PM

Thanks, now I'm positive I take after the "other" side of the family.
PopEye
08-14-2019 12:32 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-13-2019 11:45 PM)
Thanks, now I'm positive I take after the "other" side of the family.

chuckle

Non Sequitur
Uppity Me
User ID: 511391
08-14-2019 01:49 AM

now we know what he looked like
much better than a mummy

Quote:Les pauvres n'ont-ils des Euros ?
Alors laissez les pauvres 'sh*t' dans les rues
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 01:49 AM by Uppity Me.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 320819
08-14-2019 02:41 AM

"Do you know what amazes me more than anything else? The impotence of force to organize anything."

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication