News
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons
news How plants reclaimed Chernobyl's poisoned land
news First Robot Arm Controlled by Thought Alone
news By 2050, many U.S. cities will have weather like they’ve never seen
news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!
Penelope Lane
I'm super in love!!
User ID: 511542
08-16-2019 07:10 AM

horn C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!
Advertisement
deep rabbit hole....

S18

C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!

AMY GOODMAN: We move on now closer to home. Senator John Ensign of Nevada, South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford and former Mississippi Congress member Chip Pickering�what do they all have in common? Yes, all three are Republican. All three have been embroiled in recent sex scandals.

Senator Ensign, a member of a male evangelical group that promotes marital fidelity, recently admitted to having an affair with a campaign staffer. He later disclosed that his parents gave almost $100,000 to the staffer and her family. Governor Sanford�s wife recently moved out of the governor�s mansion, weeks after Sanford admitted to visiting a woman in Argentina and committing infidelities with several other women. And last month, Congressman Pickering�s estranged wife filed suit against his alleged mistress, claiming the woman had ruined their marriage.

But these Republicans� ties extend beyond their marital woes. All three have, at one time, lived in a former convent on Capitol Hill known as the C Street house, and all three are connected to a secretive group known as the Fellowship, or the Family. It�s probably an organization you�ve never heard of, but it�s one of the most powerful Christian fundamentalist movements in this country.

The Family�s devoted membership includes Congress members, corporate leaders, generals, foreign heads of state, dictators. The longtime leader, Doug Coe, was included in Time Magazine�s 2004 list of the twenty-five most influential evangelicals in America.

Well, Jeff Sharlet is the author of the bestseller, The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power. In 2002, he joined the Family�s home for young men at an estate in Virginia, becoming a member of the Family�s so-called �new chosen.� After years of research, he published the book.

Jeff Sharlet joins me today in our firehouse studio, contributing editor at Harper�s and Rolling Stone and a visiting research scholar at the New York University Center for Religion and Media.

Jeff, welcome to Democracy Now!

JEFF SHARLET: Hi, Amy. Thanks for having me.

AMY GOODMAN: So, talk about these latest men in the news and exactly what it is they belong to.

JEFF SHARLET: Well, the three politicians that we�re talking about, two of them lived at this C Street house, where this group provides below-market housing for congressmen. It�s essentially like a lobby, working like a lobby, trying to influence these politicians.

What�s really disturbing about this is not the sex scandals, but the agenda that they�re pursuing beyond that. The Family, unlike most Christian right groups, is not so concerned with domestic issues as international affairs, foreign affairs, and a kind of approach to economics they call �biblical capitalism,� an extreme deregulation, laissez-faire. They take the invisible hand very literally.

AMY GOODMAN: So, talk about how you discovered the Family.

JEFF SHARLET: You know, I just kind of stumbled upon the group. I was working on my first book, which is about religious communities around the United States, unusual religious communities. And a friend said she was worried that her brother had joined a cult. And would I speak with him? He had come to New York at the time, he said, �to survey the ruins of secularism.� That caught my attention. And he said, �To understand what I�m involved in, you need to come and see it for yourself.� So I went and I lived with these guys for about a month.

AMY GOODMAN: But what do you mean you lived with these guys? Where did you go? Explain how you got there.

JEFF SHARLET: Sure. Down in�the C Street house has been in the news. There�s only one other property that the organization owns. The main headquarters is this beautiful mansion overlooking the Potomac River called the Cedars. It�s worth about $5 million. They bought it with money supplied for them in part by the former CEO of the defense contractor Raytheon,�

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...VYjTfnYqvE

on netflix now. The Family.

who wants to dissect?

Quote:Note their "savior" Doug COE... *christ on earth" get it??

https://decider.com/2019/08/13/the-famil...ald-trump/
How are Doug Coe and Jeffrey Epstein connected?

Follow Lois Lane to Penelope Lane.
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 465730
08-16-2019 04:03 PM

reporter RE: C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!
farcical propaganda to deflect from J Street
SevenThunders
User ID: 509477
08-16-2019 06:05 PM

RE: C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!
The left continues to try to demonize Christianity, even though Christians are the most persecuted group in the world. Let's see how far that gets you.

The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number,
and mighty is the army that obeys his command.
The day of the LORD is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?
Penelope Lane
I'm super in love!!
User ID: 422226
08-16-2019 06:36 PM

RE: C Street - Totalitarians For Jesus - One Frightening, POWERFUL & Secret Group!
SevenThunders  Wrote: (08-16-2019 06:05 PM)
The left continues to try to demonize Christianity, even though Christians are the most persecuted group in the world. Let's see how far that gets you.

please... these people are just USING the label to justify personal power!!!

Follow Lois Lane to Penelope Lane.
KingBum
User ID: 504100
08-16-2019 08:41 PM

"The Family" as their known is the evangelical equivalent of scientology. They have been known harass, intimidate family members trying to talk their family out of it, they require signing over possessions a lot and really do think they'll great some Christian caliphate. But for the most part they certainly don't seem Christian at all.

Goodbye cruel world I'm off to join the circus.

Fitting in isn't about what you know, it's what you don't know that makes you a team player.
KingBum
User ID: 504100
08-16-2019 08:42 PM

These people are a more like a cult than any Christians.

Goodbye cruel world I'm off to join the circus.

Fitting in isn't about what you know, it's what you don't know that makes you a team player.
SevenThunders
08-16-2019 10:48 PM

KingBum  Wrote: (08-16-2019 08:42 PM)

These people are a more like a cult than any Christians.

I actually don't know anything about them. I've only heard innuendo and rumors.

I'd be much more concerned about other shadowy organizations like the Bilderburgers, the Trilateral commission and the council of foreign relations. Pretty much the entire media industry oligarchs belong to these organizations. Let's not forget the perversions that go on at the Bohemian grove.

I literally feel like this is the left's attempt to blame shift their satanic ways to some casual prayer group.

SevenThunders
08-16-2019 11:06 PM

Yup the more I look into this, the more I find pointless left wing hysteria. Jeff Sharlett is a hack commie writer who is terrified of fundamentalist Christianity. He's written other hate pieces on the Christian faith.

Why doesn't he write about Islam if he wants a cult that actually wants to kill him?

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication