News
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons
news How plants reclaimed Chernobyl's poisoned land
news First Robot Arm Controlled by Thought Alone
news By 2050, many U.S. cities will have weather like they’ve never seen
news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

When an Influx of French-Canadian Immigrants Struck Fear Into Americans
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 511149
08-25-2019 09:49 PM

flip When an Influx of French-Canadian Immigrants Struck Fear Into Americans
Advertisement
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/f...180972951/

By the 1880s, elite American newspapers, including The New York Times, saw a sinister plot afoot. The Catholic Church, they said, had dispatched French Canadian workers southward in a bid to seize control of New England. Eventually, the theory went, Québec would sever its British ties and annex New England to a new nation-state called New France.

chuckle
Quote this message in a reply
LOP Secret Agent
User ID: 433612
08-25-2019 09:59 PM

RE: When an Influx of French-Canadian Immigrants Struck Fear Into Americans
The New York Times (Sulzberger Inc.) is only anti-immigrant if the immigrants are white and Catholic, like the French Canadians. If the immigrants are brown and Catholic, like the Mexicans, they're okay. If the immigrants are brown/black and Muslim, like the Somalis, then you've got to have them, according to the New York Times. That's some really messed up politics right there.

Jhikpghf
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 10:10 PM by LOP Secret Agent.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 465738
08-25-2019 11:13 PM

Canada is British. The British burned the white house in the war of 1812. How could you trust them? Still sore from having lost the revolutionary war.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 512835
08-25-2019 11:14 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-25-2019 11:13 PM)
Canada is British. The British burned the white house in the war of 1812. How could you trust them? Still sore from having lost the revolutionary war.

chuckle
Mandatory education.
LoP Guest
lop guest
08-26-2019 12:59 AM

LOP Secret Agent  Wrote: (08-25-2019 09:59 PM)
The New York Times (Sulzberger Inc.) is only anti-immigrant if the immigrants are white and Catholic, like the French Canadians. If the immigrants are brown and Catholic, like the Mexicans, they're okay. If the immigrants are brown/black and Muslim, like the Somalis, then you've got to have them, according to the New York Times. That's some really messed up politics right there.

Jhikpghf

The Sulzbergers era started in 1935, the NYT was hostile to French-Canadians in the 1800's.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 443451
08-26-2019 12:59 AM

Jhikpghf

Quebecois have always wanted a separate nation, I don't know how they envision that working, but I do remember the Separatists rallying shout 'Vive Quebec libre' so yeah I think it's quite possible that they might have attempted to annexe New Hampshire.
prosthetic brain
apothegmatic equanimity
User ID: 364412
08-26-2019 01:06 AM

yep , never trust the wheelchair assassins.

10 bonus points if you get that reference without looking it up .

[Image: qDIBXhh.png]
LOP Secret Agent
08-26-2019 01:09 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-26-2019 12:59 AM)

Jhikpghf

The Sulzbergers era started in 1935, the NYT was hostile to French-Canadians in the 1800's.

Sorry, got to give credit to the Sulzbergers for not being the owner in the 19th century. But aside from who the owners were, the statement is still fairly accurate, based on the editorials and positions the paper has taken over the years.

Jhikpghf
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 01:15 AM by LOP Secret Agent.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
08-26-2019 01:11 AM

Jhikpghf

Quebecois have always wanted a separate nation, I don't know how they envision that working, but I do remember the Separatists rallying shout 'Vive Quebec libre' so yeah I think it's quite possible that they might have attempted to annexe New Hampshire.

Incredible that you believe anti-immigrant propaganda from the 1800's
LOP Secret Agent
08-26-2019 01:14 AM

prosthetic brain  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:06 AM)

Dude, that's just a novel, according to my research. And the guy who wrote the novel killed himself. Jhikpghf
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 01:16 AM by LOP Secret Agent.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 458594
08-26-2019 01:22 AM

I don't blame them! The Frogs are an odd bunch..
prosthetic brain
apothegmatic equanimity
08-26-2019 01:25 AM

LOP Secret Agent  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:14 AM)
prosthetic brain  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:06 AM)

Dude, that's just a novel, according to my research. And the guy who wrote the novel killed himself. Jhikpghf

and? truth is stranger than fiction chuckle

yes , he killed himself , but so what . so did hemingway , does that somehow invalidate his work ?

LOP Secret Agent
08-26-2019 01:33 AM

prosthetic brain  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:25 AM)
LOP Secret Agent  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:14 AM)

yes , he killed himself , but so what . so did hemingway , does that somehow invalidate his work ?

It depends... if his book contains significant hate speech, then I'm inclined to say yes, just like one could argue that Hitler's suicide invalidates Mein Kampf. Jhikpghf
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 01:51 AM by LOP Secret Agent.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 443451
08-26-2019 02:07 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:11 AM)

Incredible that you believe anti-immigrant propaganda from the 1800's

Yeah well I lived in Montreal amongst them....
prosthetic brain
apothegmatic equanimity
08-26-2019 02:28 AM

LOP Secret Agent  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:33 AM)
prosthetic brain  Wrote: (08-26-2019 01:25 AM)

It depends... if his book contains significant hate speech, then I'm inclined to say yes, just like one could argue that Hitler's suicide invalidates Mein Kampf. Jhikpghf

hate speech ? bwahahaha

youve obviously never read any of his work.

Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication