News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average

There is nothing wrong with being poor.
Nothing
lop guest
User ID: 497017
09-16-2019 09:19 AM

There is nothing wrong with being poor.
Advertisement
If you have no debt, live in a tiny apartment, and work at Home Depot, you are actually richer than someone who "appears" rich, but in reality the average American household has over $130,000 in debt, $7,500 of it carried on a credit card.

Sure, you neighbor might have a nicer car or bigger house, but does that sh*t really matter when your dead? Of course not, you get buried in the same size of hole as a multi millionaire would.

Your taught from a young age to want stuff, and to spend money. Advertisements bombard you all day long.
Quote this message in a reply
Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
User ID: 1
09-16-2019 09:31 AM

RE: There is nothing wrong with being poor.
I wouldn't mind having a little more money though. Sometimes it sucks.

On the other hand I have noticed that I appreciate things more. The saving up for little things and then finally being able to buy it is sort of awesome. E.g. I want to build a mini computer/gaming console with a Raspberry pi , which would cost me less than 100 euro for all parts. 10 years ago I would have bought it on an impulse. Now I need to save up 3 months and meanwhile I am reading up on all things raspberry pi. Besides being better informed, the moment I will be able to buy one will be glorious.

Not sure what I would do if I had the choice between poor and rich... Ttpcmasm

[Image: mybbsig.php]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019 09:32 AM by Disturbed.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 515857
09-16-2019 09:34 AM

I would choose poor. :) I have my reasons.

Hey, I had a backbrush on my "want list" for over a dozen years, well maybe it was 10ish years ... before I ever got it. That's the longest waiting time want list item I can think of.
Well...
lop guest
User ID: 497017
09-16-2019 09:35 AM

Disturbed  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:31 AM)

On the other hand I have noticed that I appreciate things more. The saving up for little things and then finally being able to buy it is sort of awesome. E.g. I want to build a mini computer/gaming console with a Raspberry pi , which would cost me less than 100 euro for all parts. 10 years ago I would have bought it on an impulse. Now I need to save up 3 months and meanwhile I am reading up on all things raspberry pi. Besides being better informed, the moment I will be able to buy one will be glorious.

I've met and talked to a lot of people in my life. I often see poor people happy and willing to talk to anyone. A lot of rich people seem to think poor people are "losers" and won't give them the time of day. I also see a lot of rich people who aren't happy.
GrimShaw
Grinning Void
User ID: 515268
09-16-2019 09:37 AM

Well...  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:35 AM)

I've met and talked to a lot of people in my life. I often see poor people happy and willing to talk to anyone. A lot of rich people seem to think poor people are "losers" and won't give them the time of day. I also see a lot of rich people who aren't happy.

Classism is learned hateful behavior no different than racism. It's ugly. Arrogance is a repugnant quality

Devil done got on top of me
Bad times got a monopoly
Give up, I did the opposite
Pitch perfect, did it properly
Owner killed by his property

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0byaqVaXo
[Image: 267095852012211.png]
Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
09-16-2019 09:41 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:34 AM)

Hey, I had a backbrush on my "want list" for over a dozen years, well maybe it was 10ish years ... before I ever got it. That's the longest waiting time want list item I can think of.

I am guessing a car or motorcycle?

I am lucky enough we get vacation pay here in NL in May. Even the people on disability like me. It allows me to buy the bigger things when needed like monitor or computer.

Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
09-16-2019 09:42 AM

Rich people have more to lose. And keeping up appearances seems awfully tiring to me.

Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
09-16-2019 09:43 AM

GrimShaw  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:37 AM)

Classism is learned hateful behavior no different than racism. It's ugly. Arrogance is a repugnant quality

Jhikpghf

LoP Guest
lop guest
09-16-2019 09:44 AM

Disturbed  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:41 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:34 AM)

I am lucky enough we get vacation pay here in NL in May. Even the people on disability like me. It allows me to buy the bigger things when needed like monitor or computer.

Did you mean you are deciding whether you want a car or motorcycle more? There are advantages to both, and drawbacks to both. Decide first what you want or NEED it for ... then, you have your answer.
Soul.
Get wonky
User ID: 508466
09-16-2019 09:47 AM

There's nothing wrong with multibillion dollar companies not paying you enough to be able survive

You should be happy you're poor

Bootlicker sh*t Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019 09:47 AM by Soul..) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 461435
09-16-2019 09:58 AM

Certainly there's nothing wrong with being poor .. as long as you're not imposing upon others to subsidize your existence. But there's nothing wrong with being stinking wealthy either .. as long as you earned or acquired that wealth honestly.

If you have developed a talent or skill that you can capitalize upon, you should take full advantage of that. There's nothing wrong with acquiring enough wealth to make your dreams come true. And many dreams don't require a huge fortune either. Sometimes it can be as simple as hooking up with someone else that shares the same dream as you.
Disturbed staff
Finger lickin' good
09-16-2019 09:59 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:44 AM)
Disturbed  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:41 AM)

Did you mean you are deciding whether you want a car or motorcycle more? There are advantages to both, and drawbacks to both. Decide first what you want or NEED it for ... then, you have your answer.

No I meant your 10 year want list.

I get claustrophobic in cars. Do not put me behind the wheel lol

LoP Guest
lop guest
09-16-2019 10:02 AM

Disturbed  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:59 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:44 AM)

No I meant your 10 year want list.

I get claustrophobic in cars. Do not put me behind the wheel lol

Oh no. I've always had a vehicle. It's a life or death thing over here. An hours drive to get a loaf of bread.

I hate driving too!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 514828
09-16-2019 10:27 AM

You're hardly poor!
You've got the glamour of this website and donations rolling in 24 hrs a day.

Sounds like the lap of luxury
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 461435
09-16-2019 10:27 AM

Soul.  Wrote: (09-16-2019 09:47 AM)
There's nothing wrong with multibillion dollar companies not paying you enough to be able survive

You should be happy you're poor

Bootlicker sh*t Rolleyes

There are a lot of people that don't seem to be motivated to acquire more. I've hired people that have never asked for a raise our even enquired about opportunities for advancement and more money money money. Go figure ... Ttpcmasm Blink Rdoacbig 1dunno1 Scratchinghead

When I worked for someone else for 15 years when I was starting out, I made sure my boss understood I will be wanting more and more money, and I'll accomplish whatever project or goal you assign to me to obtain even more money. I challenged then to give me the most difficult projects. I challenged then to offer incentive bonuses for exceeding goals and finishing before due dates and accomplishing things under budget. And that's what they did.

The others working there seemed relieved when I volunteered to take on the most ambitious and challenging projects. Brain lazy unmotivated most of them were. Most were just content to keep doing what they have been doing for whatever amount of money they keep getting every month after month. But that's not my style. I wanted to be challenged with higher goals with higher rewards.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication