News
news The Mystery of the Belmez Faces
news NASA to test ‘space lasers’ with latest launch
news Satellite Images Of Strange Lost City in the South Pacific
news Do Aliens Come From Under the Oceans?
news Bizarre Paranormal Mysteries of World War I
news Human brains and bodies could be hacked to create life in hostile environments
news Nuke fallout alert as Russian radioactive leak sweeps across Europe
news Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth
news Government Files and the Abominable Snowman
news Mind-Controlled Drone Swarms Could Soon Put More Eyes in the Sky
news How America’s National Parks Became Hotbeds of Paranormal Activity

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average

Do you support the Buffet rule?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 88087
04-15-2012 11:31 PM

deal Do you support the Buffet rule?
Advertisement
If so can I ask why? First before you answer please consider the Buffet rule will not really affect the ultra wealthy like Buffet. It is really smoke and mirror's the ultra wealthy hide their income in Tax Exempt Charitable Foundations, in fact Buffet keep's his Billion's in Bill Gates Foundation.

Therefore why would anyone support the Buffet rule? Even if you are for higher taxes on the ultra wealthy wouldn't you be demanding Obama close the tax loopholes? If those loopholes were closed the mega rich would be paying a lot more money then they would under the Buffet rule.

In reality the Buffet rule helps the mega wealthy cut down on competition since they have had a long time to develop their wealth smoke and mirror's that's what the Buffet rule really is.

The Evil AC
I am not a number!!!
User ID: 666
04-15-2012 11:34 PM

devil RE: Do you support the Buffet rule?
I like All You Can Eat Buffet

So Yes I Support Buffet Rule

[Image: B24E_4F8B3ED4.jpg]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 90574
04-15-2012 11:35 PM

RE: Do you support the Buffet rule?
yes..I love to eat at Golden Corral

best buffet around.
JF Priest
User ID: 47416
04-15-2012 11:37 PM

Good Post.. There is a lot of Smoke and Mirrors that the rich use to hide their income.. Remember GE paid no Income tax...Since the Buffet rule was brought to show how unfair the tax code is (Remember the income tax goes for nothing more than the Interest on the Federal Debt)..And (the income tax was started as a20e percent tax on the richest one percent) why not just go to a consumption tax?? When you spend is when you get taxed.. Spend more more tax..(You would get your entire paycheck each week.. No taxes taken off)

Ron Paul 2012...The R3volution Continues: [Image: images_zpsd3499cd8.jpg]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 82316
04-15-2012 11:37 PM

I used too but as i get older i find the food to be of low quality.
FRIED_RICE
call me when the rice arrives
User ID: 90032
04-15-2012 11:38 PM

this is the best one in vegas [Image: A428_4F8B3FA2.jpg]

lu·na·tic   [loo-nuh-tik] Show IPA
noun
an insane person.
a person whose actions and manner are marked by extreme eccentricity or recklessness.
Law . a person legally declared to be of unsound mind and who therefore is not held capable or responsible before the law. ( least we forget who we are)
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 67907
04-15-2012 11:40 PM

Do I get to eat the rich at this buffet?
Ahriman
User ID: 34137
04-15-2012 11:47 PM

abduct RE: Do you support the Buffet rule?
I like the cheeseburgers at ole Jimmy's Buffet. Good margarita's too.

mmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

Backyard Alchemist, 3rd Degree fireb
LoP Guest
lop guest
04-16-2012 12:07 AM

JF Priest  Wrote: (04-15-2012 11:37 PM)
Good Post.. There is a lot of Smoke and Mirrors that the rich use to hide their income.. Remember GE paid no Income tax...Since the Buffet rule was brought to show how unfair the tax code is (Remember the income tax goes for nothing more than the Interest on the Federal Debt)..And (the income tax was started as a20e percent tax on the richest one percent) why not just go to a consumption tax?? When you spend is when you get taxed.. Spend more more tax..(You would get your entire paycheck each week.. No taxes taken off)

Thanks JF I just noticed that the MSM never really points out the truth. I think if people are going to come to the defense of something they should understand what is they are defending. If Warren Bailed Out Buffet were really interested in paying more he could either write a check to the treasury or stop hiding his own massive wealth and pay the 35% on it. Now that would be a nice hefty chunk!

The people who are in the process of achieving wealth right now, wealth that could create new jobs will be the loser's under obama's buffet rule. This would only serve to further enrich the richest 1% who btw

Yup, under Bush, the 1% captured a disproportionate share of the income gains from the Bush boom of 2002-2007. They got 65 cents of every dollar created in that boom, up 20 cents from when Clinton was President. Under Obama, the 1% got 93 cents of every dollar created in that boom. That's not only more than under Bush, up 28 cents. In the transition from Bush to Obama, inequality got worse, faster, than under the transition from Clinton to Bush. Obama accelerated the growth of inequality.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/8533-grow...-than-bush

If anything tell obama your on to him and tell them to close the loopholes!
Geogal
keeper of CnB Chubacabra
User ID: 90546
04-16-2012 12:14 AM

who owns all banking? Who owns the Federal reserve?
Anon

Wisest words. "It's ok to feel good." "Give yourself permission to forgive yourself."
"you have to believe it and you hate it. I don't have to and think it's beautiful." Katherine Paterson
LoP Guest
lop guest
04-16-2012 12:17 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-15-2012 11:40 PM)
Do I get to eat the rich at this buffet?

lol

No they get to EAT you...

The Scam

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are also outspoken advocates of the estate tax. Funny, because Buffett and Gates have spent a lot of dough on high-paid lawyers to make sure their contributions to their tax-free foundation don't generate any tax. Hmmmm ... in my non-elite circles we call that 2-faced, or more appropriately, bull sh!t.

Of course, instead of hiding their money, Buffett and Gates could simply let their fortunes be taxed away by the government like they advocate for everyone else, or at least set their contributions up in a way that generates federal tax. But they don't. Interesting how the Sage of Omaha doesn't put his money where his mouth is, isn't it?

It's all just a big fat lie from blowhard and bankster-puppet Buffett. That's why.

You see, the estate tax forces family-owned businesses worth $100-200M to sell. This creates and opportunity for Elites with trusts like Buffett to swoop in and buy up those businesses (which wouldn't be available to them otherwise). Of course guys like Buffett get all sorts of direct and indirect government subsidies too, which are nothing more than government-granted perks (that are worth far more than any taxes they'll ever pay).

Taxes don't hurt the Elite because they feed off the taxes. The reason guys like Buffett want you to pay more taxes is, to pay for his government perks (subsidies) and bailout his buddies. It's a scam. They're looting via the State.

http://the-classic-liberal.com/warren-buffett-scam/

But the broader point is, the White House and Buffett are misleading Americans in this debate.

They are in favor of increasing income taxes on the wealthy that Buffett himself does not pay because Buffett has structured his tax bill to pay at around the same lower rate as the $50,000-$75,000 crowd pays, an average 15%. Buffett has structured his federal tax bill to drop his effective tax rate down lower than his secretary’s rate.

In other words, the President’s "Buffett Rule" would not tax the vast majority of Buffett’s own sheltered income, including either his unrealized capital gains, which are currently taxed at 0%, or charitable contributions, which are tax deductible.

Buffett also reportedly takes out loans taken out against his assets, and lowers his tax bill further by deducting that interest on his returns. And he makes generous charitable contributions, which he can also deduct on his tax returns.

Indeed, Buffett’s second of three contractual conditions for his ongoing pledge to the Gates Foundation reads: "The foundation must continue to satisfy the legal requirements qualifying Warren's gift as charitable, exempt from gift or other taxes."

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/Pag...-gift.aspx

But the broader point is, the White House and Buffett are misleading Americans in this debate.

They are in favor of increasing income taxes on the wealthy that Buffett himself does not pay because Buffett has structured his tax bill to pay at around the same lower rate as the $50,000-$75,000 crowd pays, an average 15%. Buffett has structured his federal tax bill to drop his effective tax rate down lower than his secretary’s rate.

In other words, the President’s "Buffett Rule" would not tax the vast majority of Buffett’s own sheltered income, including either his unrealized capital gains, which are currently taxed at 0%, or charitable contributions, which are tax deductible.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/investing/201...ght-again/

Warren's Billions Thank Uncle Sam For Bailing Them Out

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/warrens...g-them-out

Buffett’s Betrayal

http://blogs.reuters.com/rolfe-winkler/2...-betrayal/
How Buffett Saves Billions On His Tax Return

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecula...ax-return/
AC488
I got no balls
User ID: 488
04-16-2012 12:19 AM

Geogal  Wrote: (04-16-2012 12:14 AM)

Anon

That's a strange thing for a Mod to ask, given thecurrent situation on "Bait" and "Hate" threads the Mod's seem to be deleting on a regular basis

I'm surprised at those 2 questions Geogal lol

Just Saying

No Offence

Heartflowers
JF Priest
User ID: 47416
04-16-2012 12:19 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-16-2012 12:07 AM)
JF Priest  Wrote: (04-15-2012 11:37 PM)

Thanks JF I just noticed that the MSM never really points out the truth. I think if people are going to come to the defense of something they should understand what is they are defending. If Warren Bailed Out Buffet were really interested in paying more he could either write a check to the treasury or stop hiding his own massive wealth and pay the 35% on it. Now that would be a nice hefty chunk!

The people who are in the process of achieving wealth right now, wealth that could create new jobs will be the loser's under obama's buffet rule. This would only serve to further enrich the richest 1% who btw

Yup, under Bush, the 1% captured a disproportionate share of the income gains from the Bush boom of 2002-2007. They got 65 cents of every dollar created in that boom, up 20 cents from when Clinton was President. Under Obama, the 1% got 93 cents of every dollar created in that boom. That's not only more than under Bush, up 28 cents. In the transition from Bush to Obama, inequality got worse, faster, than under the transition from Clinton to Bush. Obama accelerated the growth of inequality.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/8533-grow...-than-bush

If anything tell obama your on to him and tell them to close the loopholes!
Jhikpghf.. Warren gives himself a salary of around 100 Thousand..Most of it Dividends from previous earnings..Then the rest is sheltered most in off shore accounts.. Time to get rid of the IRS and Simplify the tax code..

Ron Paul 2012...The R3volution Continues: [Image: images_zpsd3499cd8.jpg]
Counting Sheep staff
User ID: 90042
04-16-2012 12:20 AM

I don't think the buffet rule goes far enough. I would close the loopholes too. What's ignored most in this whole argument is that the ultra wealthy through Political Action Committees, Lobbyists, Political Parties and other entities have monopolized Representation in the United States. Your letters go to the shredder as soon as they are answered by a staffer mailing a form letter from your elected official while he golfs or dines with his high class political whore. Since taxation was originally linked to representation, the representation alone that is given to a minority of the population is reason enough to justify them paying more for the services, defense and infrastructure government is supposed to provide. To me this is non-negotiable. Nothing will change my mind on this issue.
LoP Guest
lop guest
04-16-2012 12:20 AM

Geogal  Wrote: (04-16-2012 12:14 AM)
Anon

The Banks and THANKS FOR THE PIN MODS!
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication