News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

The current state of welfare in the UK to-date
ConspiracyGuy
lop guest
User ID: kaput
03-13-2018 04:00 AM

The current state of welfare in the UK to-date
Advertisement
This is from personal experience but having been made unemployed by a local superstore a few years back the most sensible option (I thought at the time) was through the DWP Jobcenter. They were happy enough to collect all my details from the usual name, age, address, to then weirder things such as who I was living with and why.

After all that fun I was resigned to 2 years of jobseeking in which time I was never offered any advice or given references by my 'adviser' despite it being their job to aid those unemployed into full-time paid work as defined by the agreement. This never happened at any time and I was subsequently put onto a year-long work-program course arranged and run by a external-independent company. It's a joke that these courses offer certificates but my GCSE/OCR grades were already higher-educational. Despite having higher certification I was still forced onto this needless course despite protesting and offering alternative options, failure to attend (at any time for any reason) results in a 3-month sanction of benefits.

I hate to be that guy whose like "but immigrants gets everything" but there's something very wrong with the DWP Jobcenter where advisers get paid bonuses for every claimant they get off benefits and meanwhile i'm seeing folks unemployed with houses, cars, pretty much anything they want paid for them.
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 1337
03-13-2018 04:03 AM

RE: The current state of welfare in the UK to-date
I take it you aren't mohammedan or afrikann?

tough luck

we wuz kangs.
Adios
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:10 AM

ConspiracyGuy  Wrote: (03-13-2018 04:00 AM)
This is from personal experience but having been made unemployed by a local superstore a few years back the most sensible option (I thought at the time) was through the DWP Jobcenter. They were happy enough to collect all my details from the usual name, age, address, to then weirder things such as who I was living with and why.

After all that fun I was resigned to 2 years of jobseeking in which time I was never offered any advice or given references by my 'adviser' despite it being their job to aid those unemployed into full-time paid work as defined by the agreement. This never happened at any time and I was subsequently put onto a year-long work-program course arranged and run by a external-independent company. It's a joke that these courses offer certificates but my GCSE/OCR grades were already higher-educational. Despite having higher certification I was still forced onto this needless course despite protesting and offering alternative options, failure to attend (at any time for any reason) results in a 3-month sanction of benefits.

I hate to be that guy whose like "but immigrants gets everything" but there's something very wrong with the DWP Jobcenter where advisers get paid bonuses for every claimant they get off benefits and meanwhile i'm seeing folks unemployed with houses, cars, pretty much anything they want paid for them.

Have you considered warehouse work?
A low paid manual labour job has to be better than £70 odd quid a week on the rock'n'roll!
ConspiracyGuy
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:15 AM

I'm fortunately self-employed now, repairing, selling, second-hand guitars and music gear as it was my only way out, otherwise that 3 month sanction would have been "game over" financially. I've been doing this now for 2 years and after the latest changes to UniversalCredits it was good timing to have gotten out of dodge.

Given that i've heard some stories from employers and employees around here locally regarding many tens, often hundreds, of people even applying for mediocre jobs being self-employed is definitely the more beneficial option.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:18 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-13-2018 04:03 AM)

tough luck

we wuz kangs.

Hi Kal.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:20 AM

A couple of things.

1) Someone who is unemployed wasn't necessarily always unemployed. All your material goods don't disappear in a flash when you sign on.

2) People have families. There are few cultures who have as little family cohesion as western families.

In many cultures, if you have an extended family or even close friends, you have no problem finding a car to drive.

When my own sibling got ill, they got to a point were they were about to lose their car. Had paid off around 90% of it.

I paid off the balance of their car. So yes for a while they were on benefits with a great car.

Without that car the next few years of their life would have been hell on earth. M.S. can take years to get to the point of moving beyond leaving you weak to being completely debilitating, so it was some time before she got disability payments, but there was no way on earth she could have got from a to b without that car. It meant they were was able to take care of their kids long enough for them to be grown up.

Up until the ilness at around 40, They'd never been out of work.

But they had a nice car, paid off by me. Family.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:52 AM

It would really suck living there. I'm trying to think of one good thing about that place. And Theresa May? Wow what a sorry mess you people created.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 04:58 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-13-2018 04:03 AM)

tough luck

we wuz kangs.

Maybe those better people need a driver for that free car the government provided them?
Ask them..Wait, beg them for a job.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 05:28 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-13-2018 04:20 AM)

A couple of things.

1) Someone who is unemployed wasn't necessarily always unemployed. All your material goods don't disappear in a flash when you sign on.

2) People have families. There are few cultures who have as little family cohesion as western families.

In many cultures, if you have an extended family or even close friends, you have no problem finding a car to drive.

When my own sibling got ill, they got to a point were they were about to lose their car. Had paid off around 90% of it.

I paid off the balance of their car. So yes for a while they were on benefits with a great car.

Without that car the next few years of their life would have been hell on earth. M.S. can take years to get to the point of moving beyond leaving you weak to being completely debilitating, so it was some time before she got disability payments, but there was no way on earth she could have got from a to b without that car. It meant they were was able to take care of their kids long enough for them to be grown up.

post of the day somewhere there's an Angel smiling cause you were born. Bless you and may good karma find you for your kindness
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 06:12 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-13-2018 05:28 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-13-2018 04:20 AM)
A couple of things.

post of the day somewhere there's an Angel smiling cause you were born. Bless you and may good karma find you for your kindness
That's the sweetest thing to say. Heartflowers But as family, I could do no less given I was in a position to do so.
ConspiracyGuy
lop guest
03-13-2018 06:41 AM

Unfortunately mandatory welfare assessors don't see things in such a positive light, i've never done one myself, but I have met folks with leg-amputation or diseases such as M.S. who been referred to these assessments done by private contractors, and they were deemed 'fit for work' simply for turning up to be assessed, a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 01:30 PM

ConspiracyGuy  Wrote: (03-13-2018 06:41 AM)
Unfortunately mandatory welfare assessors don't see things in such a positive light, i've never done one myself, but I have met folks with leg-amputation or diseases such as M.S. who been referred to these assessments done by private contractors, and they were deemed 'fit for work' simply for turning up to be assessed, a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Which is why you should be less judgemental and leave of the Daily Mail type assumptions.
LoP Guest
lop guest
03-13-2018 01:52 PM

ConspiracyGuy  Wrote: (03-13-2018 06:41 AM)

This is why Corbyn will score in the next election, and now he has come out in the favour of Brexit it is all but assured..

The conspiracy voice kinda says that May threw the election so that Corbyn could do well rather than than be faced with a Blairite Pro-EU Labour...

Reality is that Brexit was never about Migrants, always the little people saying their job prospects sh*t, the pay is sh*t, struggle to find a doctor, wait for a hospital bed or get their kids in the school they want..

We should have been building up services alongside the influx not dialing them back or privatising them... was always going to bite them in the arse at some point turning it into a migrant is bad narrative as the cop out to building up services.

That being said the notion of renationalising the NHS and Railways, and go one a spending spree for a change will do the nations psyche a lot of good... it hasn't happened in the UK for a number of decades... I can't help but think the splurge will be big...

Though it will be amusing to see how the US reacts the UK having a Goverment that is closely linked to Communists... should be worth a giggle..

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication