News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average

Trump’s override threat immediately gets shrugged off by Rhode Island’s governor
He Man
Another day in paradise
User ID: 426524
05-22-2020 09:16 PM

banana Trump’s override threat immediately gets shrugged off by Rhode Island’s governor
Advertisement
That's the way you do it. Trump has NO constitutional or other power to override any gov. on their decision making regarding the heath directives for their states during a health crisis in a pandemic.

All Trump can do is threaten and berate but he can't really do anything, the courts will eventually follow the constitution, that grants huge powers on to governors regarding their states health and safety during emergencies.

WATCH: Trump’s override threat immediately gets shrugged off by Rhode Island’s governor

"During a press conference this Friday, Rhode Island governor Gina Raimondo was asked about recent comments from President Trump where he announced the CDC declared houses of worship essential and ordered governors to open them, threatening to “override” them if they don’t.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been in law school but I don’t know of any executive fiat that he would have to overrule a particular governor, so I’ll have to look into that,” Raimondo said.

Watch:"

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/watch-t...-governor/

Making LOP Great again since 06-07-2013!

"Oh My God. This is terrible. This is the End of my Presidency.
I'm F'ed."
Trump: 2017

"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."
Nov 8, 2013
Donald J. Trump

"I don't take responsibility at all." — March 13, 2020.
Donald J. Trump
Quote this message in a reply
He Man
Another day in paradise
05-22-2020 09:23 PM

RE: Trump’s override threat immediately gets shrugged off by Rhode Island’s governor
Trump's lying press spokesperson is clearly not able to discuss under what authority the president can "override" a governor.

States have the rights to make decisions about their public safety in a health emergency.

I'm F'ed."

"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."
Nov 8, 2013
Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump
northerntomcat
User ID: 519008
05-22-2020 09:24 PM

RE: Trump’s override threat immediately gets shrugged off by Rhode Island’s governor
[Image: n4ndAK8.jpg]

"Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hatred, and hatred leads to violence. This is the equation."
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 524221
05-22-2020 09:24 PM

1* thread.

Fake news partisan spin.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 547019
05-22-2020 09:30 PM

Well then the governors bear any and all responsibility for the virus and it subsequent death toll. If they had shut down sooner then they would have saved way more lives. States like New York even WA state, a state which the governor had direct knowledge of community transmission from the Seattle Flu project, yet didn't even shut the schools down in the two counties in which the virus was first detected. He waited almost a month before issuing shut down orders while community transmission was ongoing and he knew full well.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 499597
05-22-2020 09:34 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:30 PM)
Well then the governors bear any and all responsibility for the virus and it subsequent death toll. If they had shut down sooner then they would have saved way more lives. States like New York even WA state, a state which the governor had direct knowledge of community transmission from the Seattle Flu project, yet didn't even shut the schools down in the two counties in which the virus was first detected. He waited almost a month before issuing shut down orders while community transmission was ongoing and he knew full well.
We already know, 'I take no responsibility for anything' #Trump2020
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 547149
05-22-2020 09:36 PM

In America we have a 1st Amendment, though you are not familiar with it.
In America we also have inalienable rights endowed by our Creator such as Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. This comes from a document known as the Declaration of Independence.
In America, the People are the Rule.
He Man
Another day in paradise
05-22-2020 09:41 PM

Nope it does not work that way. The US federal government has its responsibilities and powers and the states have their responsibilities and powers.

Trump as POTUS is the one that is supposed to act in the nations best interests in national emergencies and inform states of how best to prepare and provide help and assistance to the states to get through periods of crisis and wars etc.

That still does not give a POTUS the rights to tell states what to do regarding safety in in pandemic.

I'm F'ed."

Nov 8, 2013
Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump
He Man
Another day in paradise
05-22-2020 09:42 PM

northerntomcat  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:24 PM)
[Image: n4ndAK8.jpg]

Jhikpghf

This is all settled law. The courts will stomp Trump into line with the constitution. chuckle Cheers

I'm F'ed."

Nov 8, 2013
Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2020 09:42 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:34 PM)

Maybe a little history is in order. Show me one time where the federal government has shut down states during any pandemic. You can't, it's not there. The responsibility is theirs as are the consequences for their failures. Inslee's failure to act while known community transmission was ongoing caused more cases and deaths in WA. Cuomo's failure to issue stay at home order a week or two earlier while known community transmission was ongoing caused more cases and deaths in NY.

The OP is right in this instance the choice to open or close is at the state, county and city level always has been. But like I stated they also bear all responsibility. And clearly they failed to act soon enough resulting in a large number or infections and deaths thus prolonging the stay at home orders.
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2020 09:45 PM

He Man  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:41 PM)

Nope it does not work that way. The US federal government has its responsibilities and powers and the states have their responsibilities and powers.

Trump as POTUS is the one that is supposed to act in the nations best interests in national emergencies and inform states of how best to prepare and provide help and assistance to the states to get through periods of crisis and wars etc.

That still does not give a POTUS the rights to tell states what to do regarding safety in in pandemic.

The hell it doesn't you can't claim one thing and then turn around and try to claim the opposite. So which is it, is the federal government in charge of the stay at home orders or are the states? Make up your mind.
He Man
Another day in paradise
05-22-2020 09:47 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:42 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:34 PM)

Maybe a little history is in order. Show me one time where the federal government has shut down states during any pandemic. You can't, it's not there. The responsibility is theirs as are the consequences for their failures. Inslee's failure to act while known community transmission was ongoing caused more cases and deaths in WA. Cuomo's failure to issue stay at home order a week or two earlier while known community transmission was ongoing caused more cases and deaths in NY.

The OP is right in this instance the choice to open or close is at the state, county and city level always has been. But like I stated they also bear all responsibility. And clearly they failed to act soon enough resulting in a large number or infections and deaths thus prolonging the stay at home orders.

Trump is the one executive that has the power to act on intelligence information on a pandemic like covid19.

Trump got the only intelligence briefings on what was happening in China, the Gov.s were not able to act on any of that security information because they didn't have access to it. Trump was warned repeatedly and he didn't inform the Gov.s or the American people on how to be prepared, Trump failed to get Testing going early and contract tracing and to use the defense production act to get all kinds of low cost or free PPE out to the critical locations where the virus was first hitting in the US.

I'm F'ed."

Nov 8, 2013
Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump
Jack Torrance
User ID: 295215
05-22-2020 09:51 PM

I do know this. Nothing that Trump says or does can be trusted. Every single move he males, or word he speaks, is about re-election. He doesn't have an empathetic cell in his body., and he's not slick enough to fake it.

[Image: MofSS.jpg]

"The media likes to say we have the most [coronavirus] cases, but we do, by far, the most testing. If we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad."

-Donald Trump 5/6/2020
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2020 10:08 PM

He Man  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:47 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:42 PM)

Trump is the one executive that has the power to act on intelligence information on a pandemic like covid19.

Trump got the only intelligence briefings on what was happening in China, the Gov.s were not able to act on any of that security information because they didn't have access to it. Trump was warned repeatedly and he didn't inform the Gov.s or the American people on how to be prepared, Trump failed to get Testing going early and contract tracing and to use the defense production act to get all kinds of low cost or free PPE out to the critical locations where the virus was first hitting in the US.

Bullshit the govenors all knew about the virus early in Jan, the 3rd week in Jan. Inslee full well knew it was in WA, he knew about community transmission in Feb but didn't do anything until the end of March. 2 full months before he issued the stay at home order. He knew and failed to act for 2 months.
LoP Guest
lop guest
05-22-2020 10:13 PM

He Man  Wrote: (05-22-2020 09:16 PM)
That's the way you do it. Trump has NO constitutional or other power to override any gov. on their decision making regarding the heath directives for their states during a health crisis in a pandemic.
That's right the governors are responsible for that decision. They all knew it was there and delayed issuing stay at home orders.

Social distancing one week earlier could have saved 36,000 US lives: study
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/49...ted-a-week
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication