News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Tex Ritter Deck of Cards
tamarack
lop guest
User ID: 525292
06-30-2020 03:43 AM

Tex Ritter Deck of Cards
Advertisement
I kind of doubt this is the reason for the form of our deck.

But it also makes a lot of sense too.

Quote this message in a reply
Lakeofmarch
-Semjaza, Key and Guardian of the Gate-
User ID: 525944
06-30-2020 03:52 AM

RE: Tex Ritter Deck of Cards
Clever. I'm forever surprised by the comfort people take in neat rows of marks on paper.

My Tao is great, but seems odd, like nothing on earth; if it was like anything else,
How small it would have been from the beginning!
https://terebess.hu/english/tao/wu.html
[Image: Figura-081.jpg]
Son Calenda/Fudo Myoo
secretsun.blogspot.com
Axte Incal, Axtuce Mun
-NO8DO-
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 03:53 AM by Lakeofmarch.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-30-2020 03:55 AM

Lakeofmarch  Wrote: (06-30-2020 03:52 AM)
Clever. I'm forever surprised by the comfort people take in neat rows of marks on paper.

Like a calendar?
Lakeofmarch
06-30-2020 04:01 AM

Forget the exact title, but there was some article I once read about suitcases recovered from the 1930s, and what people carried across far destinies, and I was surprised, being myself, that most of it was fabric and paper, with just a little bit of jewelry for added value, instead of decent talismans, rock, metal, wood, stuff with which they could seed some small altar at the place of arrival. My point would be somewhere around, What inner device, object, or attitude would best preserve a 'soldier boy' such as the song mentions? Have looked just a bit into WWII and superstition/occultism, but their eyes remain a puzzle.

[Image: 01.-SI-75-7024~A.jpg]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Villegas

My Tao is great, but seems odd, like nothing on earth; if it was like anything else,
Son Calenda/Fudo Myoo
secretsun.blogspot.com
Axte Incal, Axtuce Mun
-NO8DO-
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 04:04 AM by Lakeofmarch.) Quote this message in a reply
Ludikrus
User ID: 204121
06-30-2020 04:01 AM

Hey, Ridley, you got any Beeman's?
tamarack
lop guest
06-30-2020 04:15 AM

Lakeofmarch  Wrote: (06-30-2020 04:01 AM)
Forget the exact title, but there was some article I once read about suitcases recovered from the 1930s, and what people carried across far destinies, and I was surprised, being myself, that most of it was fabric and paper, with just a little bit of jewelry for added value, instead of decent talismans, rock, metal, wood, stuff with which they could seed some small altar at the place of arrival. My point would be somewhere around, What inner device, object, or attitude would best preserve a 'soldier boy' such as the song mentions? Have looked just a bit into WWII and superstition/occultism, but their eyes remain a puzzle.

link to image: https://thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com/jl_2PonRJ...7024~A.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Villegas

Excellent observation and question.

Each person would carry one or two mementos of what gave their life
purpose or meaning; a picture of a loved one, a letter from parents or
cherished sig. other, a cross, Bible, deck of cards, something to work on... lots of things like that.

The deck of cards could symbolize the chances in life.

Soldiers were players.
They were gamblers.
Lakeofmarch
06-30-2020 04:20 AM

Of course, the main thing, and that much is also clear from the objects you mention, is that narrative kept and continues to keep large organized groups working as a unit, from the explanations at the beginning to the promise of a return, and the whole notion of profit, recognition, and reward in the middle. It then becomes possible for the whole mission to make something like sense, as it made for the Japanese and the Germans, while the people upon which the war was waged, like Filipinos or Chinese, stood for and represented only themselves, so they did not have the luxury of believing their national egregore had their back. Fun fact: every single Zen monk in Japan was a huge fan of the murder and pillage, they thought it a most glorious crusade.

https://apjjf.org/2013/11/30/Brian-Victo...ticle.html

Son Calenda/Fudo Myoo
secretsun.blogspot.com
Axte Incal, Axtuce Mun
-NO8DO-
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 04:21 AM by Lakeofmarch.) Quote this message in a reply
tamarack
lop guest
06-30-2020 04:26 AM

Lakeofmarch  Wrote: (06-30-2020 04:20 AM)
Of course, the main thing, and that much is also clear from the objects you mention, is that narrative kept and continues to keep large organized groups working as a unit, from the explanations at the beginning to the promise of a return, and the whole notion of profit, recognition, and reward in the middle. It then becomes possible for the whole mission to make something like sense, as it made for the Japanese and the Germans, while the people upon which the war was waged, like Filipinos or Chinese, stood for and represented only themselves, so they did not have the luxury of believing their national egregore had their back. Fun fact: every single Zen monk in Japan was a huge fan of the murder and pillage, they thought it a most glorious crusade.

https://apjjf.org/2013/11/30/Brian-Victo...ticle.html

No, I see it otherwise, that the objects I mentioned were personal
items that gave the trooper individuality; which is the sane counterbalance to the supra-egregore.
Lakeofmarch
06-30-2020 04:57 AM

But that's exactly the point, if you're a cog in a machine, such as an army, a navy, or a huge invasion force, your registration number and status within it is an essential part of your identity, so there's less need for separate totems, just a general name, rank, and cutie back home will do. Take the Italians, or their ancestors the Romans, they went to war under the general standard of the Empire, but much more specifically under a given general's banner, and with the expectation of plunder and reward, and that system worked off and on. It's really a chicken-and-egg question.. do large social machines engender trust, or does trust make such machines possible? And the decisively not chicken-or-egg answer is that both things are a product of geography, born along specific islands or river valleys, and then more identity climbs on top of that. One man, or one village, against the planet wouldn't get very far, but if you're on a mission from God and his mermaids there might be more of a chance.

Thanks for the pin, BTW. I'll see if I can contribute something more of value as I come down from the evening's trance.

Son Calenda/Fudo Myoo
secretsun.blogspot.com
Axte Incal, Axtuce Mun
-NO8DO-
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 04:59 AM by Lakeofmarch.) Quote this message in a reply
Greener
User ID: 452588
06-30-2020 05:42 AM

tamarack, awesome and thank you.

Cowboy Gospel - of course! I just LOVE this - reminds of Paul Harvey.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 549393
06-30-2020 05:47 AM

he was great on three's company
tamarack
lop guest
06-30-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:But that's exactly the point, if you're a cog in a machine, such as an army, a navy, or a huge invasion force, your registration number and status within it is an essential part of your identity, so there's less need for separate totems, just a general name, rank, and cutie back home will do...

It sounds like you are straining under a negative stereotype; trying your
best to dehumanize soldiers.

Everybody has the luck of their draw in life.
The balance between luck and skill is part of the game.

Then, naturally, there are people who "make their own luck"; which
is a euphemism for cheating.

Every game has cheaters. But, some people believe in karma, or judgment, which negates the possibility of cheating.

So, at birth, under the stars, we draw our 'cards' -which are the archetypes that influence us. There are major archetypes and minor archetypes. In some card games there are so-called trump cards.
Trump is determined by a flip. Also there may be a joker in the deck.

The song called the Jack face card the Devil. It's not the Devil in our games. It's the highest card. Notice also the song called the King the highest card representing God, but the aces are usually higher and then
the Jack of trump (or the Joker if used is higher than an ace).
Albrecht Bear
Subscriber
User ID: 226571
06-30-2020 06:03 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-30-2020 05:47 AM)
he was great on three's company

That wasn't Tex, it was Tex's son John.

It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right. - Winston Churchill
Man From Orion
User ID: 427123
06-30-2020 06:05 AM

Howcome you've never joined man?
I know everyone has a reason to not register, but you're here and post often enough.
Why not take the dive?

[Image: bNYGN04.jpg]

John Lives!
(This is all theoretical, and for entertainment)
Lakeofmarch
06-30-2020 06:07 AM

You have beautifully illustrated, tamarack, why you believe in the system and I don't. Making your own luck is the only way there is if you don't find one ready-made. No special beef with any given group of boot-stompers, it's just never worked for me.

Son Calenda/Fudo Myoo
secretsun.blogspot.com
Axte Incal, Axtuce Mun
-NO8DO-
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 06:08 AM by Lakeofmarch.) Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication