News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

To Catch a Time Traveler
starrynights
I like ayys
User ID: 319071
02-23-2021 10:36 AM

To Catch a Time Traveler
Advertisement
If time travel is possible, we will probably be able to prove it before this thread is over.

http://books.google.com/

This is a hypothetical example of what we might look for:

Suppose that a time traveler visits 1816. They go to a tavern, have a few drinks, and get into some trivial conversations with people from the century. A farmer mentions difficulties with garnering the years' crops due to the Year Without a Summer. In a drunken stupor, the time traveler says it must be "The Day After Tomorrow" due to the climate change difficulties.

Despite the blunder, the Time Traveler's cover wouldn't be blown by this. No one in 1816 knows that The Day After Tomorrow is a movie. However, we do know what The Day After Tomorrow is, and if we were to see 19th century usage of 'The Day After Tomorrow' in reference to a changing climate, severe winter, or draught, it could well be evidence of time travel.

What we're looking for are modern words or expressions that are being used as loan words in the past. 18th, 19th, and even 20th century writers may have encountered such time travelers and incorporated future-words into their vocabulary. The specific definitions such words or expressions might change, but as long as usage has a relatively similar meaning, it definitely merits further investigation!

I've seen some minor evidence that this might be occurring through my usage of Google Books, but no smoking gun as of yet. I haven't found anything that couldn't just be an entirely logical early coining of a word. I'm hoping you all will help me find something interesting here!
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021 10:39 AM by starrynights.) Quote this message in a reply
Professor Dangle
lop guest
User ID: 578528
02-23-2021 11:04 AM

shocked1 RE: To Catch a Time Traveler
No doubt they were after cheeseburgers
Quote this message in a reply
Samazael nli
lop guest
User ID: 572240
02-23-2021 11:21 AM

RE: To Catch a Time Traveler
This is really interesting. Finding anomalies where there shouldn't be. I'd say it's worth a shot.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 520535
02-23-2021 11:36 AM

starrynights  Wrote: (02-23-2021 10:36 AM)
If time travel is possible, we will probably be able to prove it before this thread is over.

Suppose that a time traveler visits 1816. They go to a tavern, have a few drinks, and get into some trivial conversations with people from the century. A farmer mentions difficulties with garnering the years' crops due to the Year Without a Summer. In a drunken stupor, the time traveler says it must be "The Day After Tomorrow" due to the climate change difficulties.

Despite the blunder, the Time Traveler's cover wouldn't be blown by this. No one in 1816 knows that The Day After Tomorrow is a movie. However, we do know what The Day After Tomorrow is, and if we were to see 19th century usage of 'The Day After Tomorrow' in reference to a changing climate, severe winter, or draught, it could well be evidence of time travel.

What we're looking for are modern words or expressions that are being used as loan words in the past. 18th, 19th, and even 20th century writers may have encountered such time travelers and incorporated future-words into their vocabulary. The specific definitions such words or expressions might change, but as long as usage has a relatively similar meaning, it definitely merits further investigation!

I've seen some minor evidence that this might be occurring through my usage of Google Books, but no smoking gun as of yet. I haven't found anything that couldn't just be an entirely logical early coining of a word. I'm hoping you all will help me find something interesting here!

there us to be a member on here named cracker jack that did this. name titles of books and movies he coined phases that didn't come out until years later. of course he would say crazy fascist racist sh*t and state he was a time travler
Ms Johanna Strange
User ID: 481516
02-23-2021 11:44 AM

The problem with this idea is that once the phrase was picked up in the past you would never know that it wasn't started in the past. That's how time works.

http://confessionsofasupervillain.blogspot.com
An ongoing novel in gyres and flashes.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 512003
02-23-2021 11:56 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (02-23-2021 11:36 AM)

there us to be a member on here named cracker jack that did this. name titles of books and movies he coined phases that didn't come out until years later. of course he would say crazy fascist racist sh*t and state he was a time travler

I remember that guy he use to prodict stuff that came true like the pandemic of 2020 and trump becoming president. D banned him.
TheKeyling
lop guest
User ID: 537599
02-23-2021 12:12 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (02-23-2021 11:56 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (02-23-2021 11:36 AM)

I remember that guy he use to prodict stuff that came true like the pandemic of 2020 and trump becoming president. D banned him.

Temporal Cold War spills onto Forum?

A Great Working Time?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 512003
02-23-2021 12:47 PM

TheKeyling  Wrote: (02-23-2021 12:12 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (02-23-2021 11:56 AM)

Temporal Cold War spills onto Forum?

A Great Working Time?

It was'nt just the pandemic but he told what the virus was before world scientist knex what it was and how smoking tobacco was life saving.
Professor Dangle
lop guest
User ID: 578549
02-23-2021 01:08 PM

angry1 RE: To Catch a Time Traveler
Truly aggrieved.

They traverse time but don't even bring cheeseburgers!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 578556
02-23-2021 01:13 PM

Lmao

Another smooth brained moron
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 375078
02-23-2021 04:18 PM

Everything is now. What is time?

;)

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 554791
02-23-2021 04:36 PM

A Time Traveler Would Have to Be Caught!
Its not like they are going to stand up and Scream Here I Am.

Someone from the Future would be worried about being apprehended by the government and SQUEEZED For Afore Knowledge! Someone from the past maybe
not so much.
Diamond Breath
Unite them under the only god
User ID: 574735
02-23-2021 04:49 PM

Can I be in 1994 right now?
Diamond Breath
Unite them under the only god
User ID: 574735
02-23-2021 04:51 PM

Shouldn't we travel to the future to change in the present what we need in the future.

I mean, there's no turning back.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 554791
02-23-2021 05:15 PM

The Biggest Concern Of a Government Chrononaut is:
Being Caught While Time Traveling, Before The Discovery Of Time Travel!
Paradox, Conundrum, Enigma.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication