News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

LED white light bulbs are a disappointment to me
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 596803
10-13-2021 10:17 PM

LED white light bulbs are a disappointment to me
Advertisement
Their efficiency is much greater yes but their promise of being true long lasting consumables is far from being realized. Their costs are high and the waste it produces are not insignificant. A burned out incandescent bulb has only inconsequential tungsten and tungsten oxides plus the coating of the bulb (titanium oxide which is bio insignificant) and of course the thin glass envelope which is also mostly harmless if it doesn't cut you from shattering in the trash bag. The common incandescent light bulb is made to be consumed on a regular basis because the filaments wear out. Someone enterprising enough could have a "bulb shack" business. That takes durable thick glass envelope bulbs with vacuum threadable replacement filament, washes the insides out and repuffs the insides with system recycled titanium oxide. A simple 1 pint canning with lid and screw on fastener is sufficient to keep a vacuum atmosphere using a permatex gasket. The jar is electrostatically coated with puffs of titanium oxide after it is cleaned from the residue of the last consummation. The filament is threaded in. The Jar is evacuated and a advantageously placed getter is consumed to tighten the atmosphere in the bulb relative to the ambient pressure. This is done to give the bulb some more practical longevity for the customer. They are not going to want to replace the bulb every 3 months. Longevity of 10 months is a bare minimum engineering guys and gals.

LED bulbs suck.

Have you ever felt the warmth and power of 1970s style video production light kits? Let me tell you if you have to spend 3000 watts every hour to heat your office cabin with electricity wouldn't freaking love many of those watts to be luminant energy? I'm telling you guys and gals, 3000 watts of luminous energy feels wonderful. Do you realize that 1/3rd of the united states adult population is suffering from cronic clinical depression? When light hours are down activity is down. The brain thinks a little less and gets sleepy more often. Maybe it f*cks us up emotionally I don't know. My brother has been acting strangely lately kind of wanting me to feel bad because he feels bad won't tell me why and I'm stubbornly refusing to be depressed. I'm sick of it. I want a solution and I'm going to find it eventually.

Here's the deal guys. I announced my bulb shack business idea to the world. YOU CANNOT NOT PATENT IT NOW BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. Even if this site fails, it remains on archive.org. And of course the whim of a certain sailor who normally is quite nice.

Why is this announcement important? Silicon processing creates a lot of hard to deal with waste. The waste products of incandescent bulbs is insignificant especially if done by my bulb shack minions. Tungsten preparation is a simple energy and oxygen reduction and energy consumption problem (global warming). Sounds bad for old fashioned refractory element bulbs until you realize the energy consumption to make an LED bulb is only a fraction of what it takes to make an evacuated, electrostatically coated, and base metal filamented reusable glass envelope.

Outline of recycled bulb process:

[1] bulb = 1 pint off the shelf ball jar compete with oem lid but has a permatex gasket.

used bulb received:
high pressure turbulant water scrapes clean the electrostatically deposited tungsten contaminated titanium oxide coating. This waste slurry is centrifugally separated in an iterative chain of centrifuges and diluters until it is pure tungsten - tungsten oxide - titanium oxide. The titanium components are sent to a district processor which oxygen reduces it and presses it through dies into ingots into the final filament product to be shipped to bulb shack franchises for a fruitful fee.

Thus the bulb subscription service was born. Sure, you might just toss the wastes and that would be pretty much completely ok. Don't recycle anything. Just clean, evacuate with warm gallium cylinders, coat, thread with disposable filaments.

100 watts to 3 kilowatts. Bet it would be good for some of us bipolar bears.
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-13-2021 10:28 PM

RE: LED white light bulbs are a disappointment to me
Opps forgot to mention the gripe about LED bulbs that inspired me to make this post in the first place! These things don't last anything like they promised. Their estimates 10 years ago really missed the mark. Sorry that I didn't convey this immediately! Cree gave me bulb longevity warranty promised of 8 years and I was thrilled to take them on it. But one by one each of my bulbs were exchanged. Yes they did fulfill their promises but I was stunned that even today LED bulbs from a supermarket could not answer the claims we heard of longevity made by cree so many years ago. Recall your own LED bulbs. How long do they last? Not long enough to justify their absurd their costs and waste products.

Have you not heard of those myths of the supreme incandescent bulb longevity? Sure these grandpa bulbs may have last 80 years thanks to the respect fire departments gave to them. But that is the simple undeniable fact that incandescent bulbs no matter their efficiency have been far more long lasting than silicon diodes.
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-13-2021 10:51 PM

Not even a floppity eared dog or funny horse or perfectly normal person to reply>Anon?
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-13-2021 10:53 PM

Did you know that the original and also highly successful light bulb filament was simply pyrolyzed young bamboo shoots?
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-13-2021 11:00 PM

The cost of bamboo shoot farms in the lower latitudes is reasonable. The cost of titanium oxide pigment grade powders is low. The need to recycle these materials is nil. The consumables to make bulb shack work are very small. The operational margin of Bulb Shack has to be very high depending on demand drawn by clever marketing. Feel better, see better?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 571359
10-13-2021 11:09 PM

I love incandescent best, but I think it is just because that particular wavelength has been ingrained to be comforting and welcoming. As well, the heat does have it's bonus when chasing frost off of tender ornamental plants in the dead of winter or preventing pool pumps from freezing in the pump house.

I recently had to replace a fluorescent light strip for my plants with a new LED fixture. The light is harsh but the color spectrum seems to be tolerable enough, unlike those 'blurple' lights pot growers use. Surely the long-term cost of operation will be much cheaper and hopefully the light intensity won't wane with age like fluorescents. 18 hours a day, seven days a week over the span of many years adds up. I can't even find some fluorescent tubes and the fixtures are too old to adapt the LED refits.

I've been replacing some interior bulbs with LEDs, too. While the color is not perfect, still the operating cost and longevity outweigh the loss, I guess.

We each mourn the passing of those things we cherish, as technology changes.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 602260
10-13-2021 11:18 PM

I guess you are just unlucky because white is dependent on color, and that is described as kelvin, so a 3500k is a yellow white light, where a 6500k is a whiter white light.

A white led is dependent on gold content, they were always the most expensive to produce.

When they first came out, you could get them at the dollar store for .25 cents or a pack of 4 for a dollar.

I have some that are over 10 years old and will last another.

Like all electronics the on and off is what destroys them, if you take a now 10.00 dollar 6500k 110vac bulb it would last 10 years if you left it on and never turned it off.

This technology eliminated all the mercury bulbs that should disappoint no one.

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication