News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Win 10 update
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: kaput
01-13-2018 02:01 AM

Win 10 update
Advertisement
Just got the new Windows update, insiders edition. Took forever, but my pc has not run this fast since it was new.
Quote this message in a reply
Domains
Banned
User ID: 1337
01-13-2018 02:02 AM

RE: Win 10 update
LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:01 AM)
Just got the new Windows update, insiders edition. Took forever, but my pc has not run this fast since it was new.

its not that its faster, its all the junk you deleted
LoP Guest
lop guest
01-13-2018 02:05 AM

Domains64  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:02 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:01 AM)

I did not delete anything, just allowed it to update.
The letters appear before I type them. That's how fast it is now.
The Obamanation
01-13-2018 02:11 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:05 AM)
Domains64  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:02 AM)

So they added a predictive text filter?

I have Win 10 Pro and I disabled the windows update service. It hasn't installed any updates and I won't until they return the ability to pick and choose what updates I want installed.

Several times I had updates bluescreen both Windows 7 and Windows 8. Only a system restore and not installing the problematic update allowed me to keep using those systems. You can't do that in Windows 10, so I'm not risking it.

This is just another reason not too. I abhor predictive text. No predictive text filter I've ever used has had a vocabulary that can keep up with me. My phone has one and I have constant problems with it trying to type incorrect words when it thinks I'm misspelling something (I'm not).

[Image: 35589702332_7c753b8a42_n.jpg]
ALLCAPSNAME
Red Pill Poison(ed)
01-13-2018 02:15 AM

The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:11 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:05 AM)

I have Win 10 Pro and I disabled the windows update service. It hasn't installed any updates and I won't until they return the ability to pick and choose what updates I want installed.

Several times I had updates bluescreen both Windows 7 and Windows 8. Only a system restore and not installing the problematic update allowed me to keep using those systems. You can't do that in Windows 10, so I'm not risking it.

This is just another reason not too. I abhor predictive text. No predictive text filter I've ever used has had a vocabulary that can keep up with me. My phone has one and I have constant problems with it trying to type incorrect words when it thinks I'm misspelling something (I'm not).

They (M$) know you're pretending to be literate when it comes to technology, at least you're trying right? But if you really cared, or valued your system, you wouldn't be using anything marked with a window or an apple. Those are the symbols knowledgeable people know to avoid. Like a no-smoking sign? Or a stop sign? Surely you understand signs. Installing win10 should've been your first sign.

Rofl
The Obamanation
01-13-2018 02:20 AM

ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:15 AM)

They (M$) know you're pretending to be literate when it comes to technology, at least you're trying right? But if you really cared, or valued your system, you wouldn't be using anything marked with a window or an apple. Those are the symbols knowledgeable people know to avoid. Like a no-smoking sign? Or a stop sign? Surely you understand signs. Installing win10 should've been your first sign.

Rofl

I've tried switching to Linux multiple times in the past but I always have hardware issues. Either it's not compatible with my video card, or the sound card, or the network card. Multiple different systems and it's always something won't work.

Then there's the problem that it's not compatible with my game library. I have hundreds of games on disc and a Steam library with over a hundred games. Several dozen on GOG. I'm not going to abandon that.

Linux won't become mainstream until they have the ability to run windows executables and use windows drivers.

They can already do it in a half-assed way with WINE but even that had issues running most of my games. They need to integrate WINE into Linux as standard and vastly improve it's compatibility.

Maybe then it will prove to be a Windows killer, but not before.

ALLCAPSNAME
Red Pill Poison(ed)
01-13-2018 02:22 AM

The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:20 AM)

Rofl

I've tried switching to Linux multiple times in the past but I always have hardware issues. Either it's not compatible with my video card, or the sound card, or the network card. Multiple different systems and it's always something won't work.

Then there's the problem that it's not compatible with my game library. I have hundreds of games on disc and a Steam library with over a hundred games. Several dozen on GOG. I'm not going to abandon that.

Linux won't become mainstream until they have the ability to run windows executables and use windows drivers.

They can already do it in a half-assed way with WINE but even that had issues running most of my games. They need to integrate WINE into Linux as standard and vastly improve it's compatibility.

Do you know what the opposite of soft is?

Jptdknpa
LoP Guest
lop guest
01-13-2018 02:26 AM

Rofl

Lala Not even reading this I warn about you.
ALLCAPSNAME
Red Pill Poison(ed)
01-13-2018 02:28 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:26 AM)

Rofl

Lala Not even reading this I warn about you.

Oh that gives me a good idea, thanks!
The Obamanation
01-13-2018 02:38 AM

ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:22 AM)
The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:20 AM)

Jptdknpa

What that supposed to mean something?

I learned a bit of terminal in college during during a intro to operating systems class where the professor had everyone using Linux because it's free. I set up a laptop to dual boot into both Windows and Ubuntu. In Windows XP everything worked fine, but in Ubuntu my ATI graphics card wouldn't work because of closed source drivers, and the wifi adapter didn't work because, well I have no idea. I did a bit of research on it and tried several different drivers and wifi programs in the Ubuntu store and none of them were compatible.

Funny thing about the free tech support on Linux forums - no one is willing to take the time and help you out. "Help" in Linux pretty much amounts to a link to a wiki and the recommendation that you help yourself.

Where as with Microsoft you have technet and scads of highly educated professionals all over the world who are happy to assist you with your problem. There are certifications like MCSE just for people who get paid to help you.

Sure Microsoft is the evil empire. I readily admit that. But the Empire has cookies and highly paid professionals where as the rebellion is trying to fight back by retrofitting a garbage disposal with volunteer workers.

qwz
01-13-2018 02:40 AM

BILL GATES  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:01 AM)

Anon
ALLCAPSNAME
Red Pill Poison(ed)
01-13-2018 02:48 AM

The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:38 AM)
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:22 AM)

Jptdknpa

Sure Microsoft is the evil empire. I readily admit that. But the Empire has cookies and highly paid professionals where as the rebellion is trying to fight back by retrofitting a garbage disposal with volunteer workers.

Look, M$'s products only reached the level they did because they were streamlined user experiences you could easily (soft) plug into a wall, turn on, and then sign up for AOL all within minutes on your dialup modem.

Unix, on the left-hand path, decided that OS' were meant to be controlled by the user not the proprietor, as such gave users the abilities to control every piece of (hard) ware on their machine.

You chose the soft, and now complain that it's hard. Had you just let Unix work its way through your brain by spending the time, you would have a lot less hassles with your current personal computations.

Granted, your professor was a hack and probably tried to dissuade you from using Ubuntu more than anything else. Because an informed user is a picky user, who likes his computations to go smoothly, calculating properly, etc.

Even now, you're given the opportunity to relearn to use a new OS, since you have so many gripes about win10, but you don't. It's too easy to stay complacent and docile when it comes to tech.

Just let the tech support figure it out, right?

No wonder they outsourced it to people who can barely speak English.
Krampus
01-13-2018 02:49 AM

I am getting tired of their constant updates paralyzing my machine when i need it!

How about putting a smile on someone face instead of a tear!
The Obamanation
01-13-2018 02:53 AM

ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:48 AM)
The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:38 AM)

Look, M$'s products only reached the level they did because they were streamlined user experiences you could easily (soft) plug into a wall, turn on, and then sign up for AOL all within minutes on your dialup modem.

Unix, on the left-hand path, decided that OS' were meant to be controlled by the user not the proprietor, as such gave users the abilities to control every piece of (hard) ware on their machine.

You chose the soft, and now complain that it's hard. Had you just let Unix work its way through your brain by spending the time, you would have a lot less hassles with your current personal computations.

Granted, your professor was a hack and probably tried to dissuade you from using Ubuntu more than anything else. Because an informed user is a picky user, who likes his computations to go smoothly, calculating properly, etc.

Even now, you're given the opportunity to relearn to use a new OS, since you have so many gripes about win10, but you don't. It's too easy to stay complacent and docile when it comes to tech.

You can try to dress Linux up but it's still a pig wearing makeup compared to Windows.

Telling your users to solve their hardware incompatibility problems by themselves is not in any way helping them and is not in any way a business plan for success.

Linux has an irrelevant number of users compared to the two mainstream operating systems for very good reasons. It's sad that it's developers can't seem to figure them out.

ALLCAPSNAME
Red Pill Poison(ed)
01-13-2018 02:57 AM

The Obamanation  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:53 AM)
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (01-13-2018 02:48 AM)

You can try to dress Linux up but it's still a pig wearing makeup compared to Windows.

Telling your users to solve their hardware incompatibility problems by themselves is not in any way helping them and is not in any way a business plan for success.

Linux has an irrelevant number of users compared to the two mainstream operating systems for very good reasons. It's sad that it's developers can't seem to figure them out.

Oranges and Bananas my friend, no one gives a sh*t about poor Apple.

Expect continued problems as SPECTRE finally starts to reach the public sector tech.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication