News
news Former MoD insider says UFOs are real and often narrowly miss crashing into planes
news Astronomers discovered 10 new moons of Jupiter. Where have they been hiding?
news Worms frozen in permafrost for up to 42,000 years come back to life
news High Strangeness at the Mysterious Bradshaw Ranch
news Great Pyramid can collect and focus energy
news Air Force fails to acknowledge mysterious meteor that crashed near US military base
news Rogue planet detected outside our solar system
news The Human-Bigfoot War of 1855
news We Asked People at a UFO Conference About Their Alien Encounters
news Work begins on Large Hadron Collider upgrade
news Jeremy Corbell Interviews Radar Operator of the Tic Tac UFO Event

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average

More Trumptrickle down failure: Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
He Man
Another day in paradise
User ID: 426524
06-13-2018 09:50 PM

kickit More Trumptrickle down failure: Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
Advertisement
Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
Trump's corporate tax cut hasn't benefited workers like he said it would.

"The federal government just admitted that workers are earning lower wages since the passage of the GOP tax cuts.

When President Donald Trump was pushing Congress to pass his tax plan last year, which focused on lowering corporate rates and the income taxes of high earners, he pulled out a handy statistic: according to the president’s Council of Economic Advisers, the average family would make $4,000 more under the new plan.

Trump repeatedly used this figure to argue for the bill prior to its passage in December 2017, as well as directly after. During a February 2018 speech in Ohio, he claimed “economists estimate that our business tax cut will raise the income of a typical family by an average of $4,000.” Vice President Mike Pence has repeated that talking point, as have others in the White House.

The president’s $4,000 lie

On Tuesday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics issued a new release detailing the “real earnings summary” through May 2018.

The true revelation was tucked away at the bottom of the release, in the “Production and nonsupervisory employees” section: “From May 2017 to May 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.1 percent, seasonally adjusted,” it read.

In today’s dollars, that’s a change from making an average of $22.62 per hour last May to making $22.59 per hour this May.

The report continued, “The decrease in real average hourly earnings combined with a 0.6-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in a 0.5-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period.” In other words, people are working a few more hours a week, so they’re taking home more pay, but only marginally.

[Image: TtDKt9t.jpg]

Alex Rowell
@AlexRowell
12 Jun
After all that #TCJA bluster, new BLS data shows real hourly wages of production/non-supervisory workers is DOWN $0.01 from a year ago. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.t02.htm

The entire rationale behind the tax cut was to boost Americans’ wages. But the BLS numbers prove that workers who are not bosses and who produce things are in fact making less for their time than they did last year."

https://thinkprogress.org/wages-down-for...56113144b/

Making LOP Great again since 06-07-2013!

[Image: n8mEMgA.jpg]

Ohh the inhumanity! chuckle
Quote this message in a reply
Titburgerhomowagon
Registered Burger
User ID: 249781
06-13-2018 09:52 PM

RE: More Trumptrickle down failure: Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
3 cents Lmao
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 445598
06-13-2018 09:57 PM

RE: More Trumptrickle down failure: Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
From OP's article.
In real terms, the average worker made $10.75 per hour in May and $10.74 per hour in April.

According to Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, since Trump took office, the “real hourly pay of mid-class workers” is only up 0.4 percent, which amounts to “an extra dime an hour.”
He Man
Another day in paradise
06-13-2018 09:58 PM

Hamburgerwagon  Wrote: (06-13-2018 09:52 PM)
3 cents Lmao

What about all of the Trump/Ryan/McConnell lies about $4,000.00 in every workers pockets?

Trickle down never works it is always a failure and nobody (except the 1%, and not all of them) wanted the huge tax cuts for the wealthy giving the Trump family a 4 billion tax cut over the next ten years.

Trump is a disaster and that huge tax cut gift to the billionaire class is going to ruin the economy eventually like Bush 43's trickle down BS did. Only Trump cuts were bigger and the deficits and debt and borrowing money is going to be ever worse than Bush 43.

House of M
M Theory Cubed
User ID: 422226
06-13-2018 09:58 PM

[Image: BVtc7L3.png]

Lmao

Holy Mackerel Catman!

Titburgerhomowagon
Registered Burger
User ID: 249781
06-13-2018 09:59 PM

He Man  Wrote: (06-13-2018 09:58 PM)
3 cents Lmao

What about all of the Trump/Ryan/McConnell lies about $4,000.00 in every workers pockets?

Trickle down never works it is always a failure and nobody (except the 1%, and not all of them) wanted the huge tax cuts for the wealthy giving the Trump family a 4 billion tax cut over the next ten years.

Trump is a disaster and that huge tax cut gift to the billionaire class is going to ruin the economy eventually like Bush 43's trickle down BS did. Only Trump cuts were bigger and the deficits and debt and borrowing money is going to be ever worse than Bush 43.

Im making more than I was last year.

I think automation is what is killing paychecks.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 445598
06-13-2018 10:04 PM

3 cents Lmao

As opposed to democrat tax increases(which is what they do and want to do) all of that looks good. Lmao
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 433550
06-13-2018 10:05 PM

Norktppn
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 444941
06-13-2018 10:05 PM

He Man  Wrote: (06-13-2018 09:50 PM)
Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts
Trump's corporate tax cut hasn't benefited workers like he said it would.

"The federal government just admitted that workers are earning lower wages since the passage of the GOP tax cuts.

When President Donald Trump was pushing Congress to pass his tax plan last year, which focused on lowering corporate rates and the income taxes of high earners, he pulled out a handy statistic: according to the president’s Council of Economic Advisers, the average family would make $4,000 more under the new plan.

Trump repeatedly used this figure to argue for the bill prior to its passage in December 2017, as well as directly after. During a February 2018 speech in Ohio, he claimed “economists estimate that our business tax cut will raise the income of a typical family by an average of $4,000.” Vice President Mike Pence has repeated that talking point, as have others in the White House.

The president’s $4,000 lie

On Tuesday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics issued a new release detailing the “real earnings summary” through May 2018.

The true revelation was tucked away at the bottom of the release, in the “Production and nonsupervisory employees” section: “From May 2017 to May 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.1 percent, seasonally adjusted,” it read.

In today’s dollars, that’s a change from making an average of $22.62 per hour last May to making $22.59 per hour this May.

The report continued, “The decrease in real average hourly earnings combined with a 0.6-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in a 0.5-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period.” In other words, people are working a few more hours a week, so they’re taking home more pay, but only marginally.

link to image: https://i.imgur.com/TtDKt9t.jpg

Alex Rowell
@AlexRowell
12 Jun
After all that #TCJA bluster, new BLS data shows real hourly wages of production/non-supervisory workers is DOWN $0.01 from a year ago. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.t02.htm

The entire rationale behind the tax cut was to boost Americans’ wages. But the BLS numbers prove that workers who are not bosses and who produce things are in fact making less for their time than they did last year."

https://thinkprogress.org/wages-down-for...56113144b/

I'm shocked, shocked I say.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 388129
06-13-2018 10:08 PM

Hamburgerwagon  Wrote: (06-13-2018 09:59 PM)

Jhikpghf

I got a Christmas bonus for the first time ever at this job.
I got a raise in January and I'm up for another raise now.
Hermans numbers are stinky.
He Man
Another day in paradise
06-13-2018 10:11 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-13-2018 10:08 PM)
Hamburgerwagon  Wrote: (06-13-2018 09:59 PM)

Jhikpghf

Sorry Boris you Russian Troll farmers have not gotten any raise, if you complain the Russian intelligence goons beat you up and rape your wife. Scream1

LoP Guest
lop guest
06-13-2018 10:14 PM

He Man  Wrote: (06-13-2018 10:11 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-13-2018 10:08 PM)
Jhikpghf

Sorry Boris you Russian Troll farmers have not gotten any raise, if you complain the Russian intelligence goons beat you up and rape your wife. Scream1

You have lost your sh*t. Why so xenophobic Herman?
I'm pretty sure rape threats are bannable here.
Where are the mods?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 444941
06-13-2018 10:16 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-13-2018 10:14 PM)

Where are the mods?

Don't get your panties in a wad. Take some smelling salts and chill. He Man didn't threaten anyone.
He Man
Another day in paradise
06-13-2018 10:18 PM

Where are the mods?

Where is your sense of humor? I did not threaten you or anybody with rape. Grow up and spew the BS in other threads.

LoP Guest
lop guest
06-13-2018 10:23 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-13-2018 10:16 PM)
Where are the mods?

Don't get your panties in a wad. Take some smelling salts and chill. He Man didn't threaten anyone.
Alright Mr. Rape Culture enabler.
Don't you know 5 in 1 womyn will be raped in their life?

There was no need to threaten to rape my wife just because he didn't like what I was saying and he didn't like my lived experience.
I have seem righties banned for soooo much less.
What a misogynist!
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication