News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Minimum wage doesn't pay the rent anywhere!
CyberDan
User ID: 192030
06-15-2018 01:07 AM

shocked1 Minimum wage doesn't pay the rent anywhere!
Advertisement
Its true. Minimum wage cannot pay rent anywhere. So, I assume people earning minimum wage are living with their parents.

http://www.waff.com/story/38425210/minim...y-the-rent

" Minimum wage doesn’t cover the cost of rent anywhere in the United States – not Hawaii, not Arkansas, not anywhere.

The stark findings appear in an annual report released this week by the National Low Income Housing Coalition.

“A full-time worker earning the federal minimum wage of $7.25 needs to work approximately 122 hours per week for all 52 weeks of the year, or approximately three full-time jobs, to afford a two-bedroom rental home at the national average fair market rent,” the report said.

“The same worker needs to work 99 hours per week for all 52 weeks of the year, or approximately two and a half full-time jobs, to afford a one-bedroom home at the national average fair market rent.”
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:07 AM by CyberDan.) Quote this message in a reply
Luvapottamus
User ID: 372884
06-15-2018 01:18 AM

RE: Minimum wage doesn't pay the rent anywhere!
It didn't cover living expenses in 1987 either.

$3.35/hr plus tips couldn't cover a $185/month apartment and food and car insurance.

I had to cash in all the savings bonds I had gotten for christmas as a kid to make up the difference.

That apartment was $185 in a BRAND NEW complex in 1987.

Now the complex is over 30 years old and the same apartment costs $580/month and minimum wage is $7.25

Wages went up 216%

Rent went up 313%

A can of coke out of a vending machine was 25 cents now it's $1.25

There is no such thing as sovereign debt. Reinstate Greenbacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb5OQUElilo
http://taxwallstreetparty.org/
United Front Against Austerity
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:19 AM by Luvapottamus.) Quote this message in a reply
CyberDan
06-15-2018 01:20 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:18 AM)

$3.35/hr plus tips couldn't cover a $185/month apartment and food and car insurance.

I had to cash in all the savings bonds I had gotten for christmas as a kid to make up the difference.

Now the complex is over 30 years old and the same apartment costs $580/month and minimum wage is $7.25

Wages went up 216%

Rent went up 313%

Economy FAIL!
Quote this message in a reply
King Doom
All Hail the King!
User ID: 441738
06-15-2018 01:22 AM

It really makes no sense to me, when people parrot the same, bullshit, tired old expression of "minimum wage isn't a living wage"

But 42% of people make less than $15/hr, and even that barely gets an apartment anymore.

So what are people supposed to do, live in their car?

The right's answer to that is to get a better job, but if everyone did, who would fill in for those 42% of shitty jobs? It sure wouldn't be illegals, according to them, funny how that works, isn't it?

Republicans think everyone can "life themselves by their bootstraps" but someone still has to flip patties, mop the floors, and say "Hi! Welcome to Walmart".

[ ]01001100 01101111 01101100[/size]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:24 AM by King Doom.) Quote this message in a reply
CyberDan
06-15-2018 01:30 AM

King Doom  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:22 AM)
It really makes no sense to me, when people parrot the same, bullshit, tired old expression of "minimum wage isn't a living wage"

But 42% of people make less than $15/hr, and even that barely gets an apartment anymore.

The right's answer to that is to get a better job, but if everyone did, who would fill in for those 42% of shitty jobs? It sure wouldn't be illegals, according to them, funny how that works, isn't it?

Republicans think everyone can "life themselves by their bootstraps" but someone still has to flip patties, mop the floors, and say "Hi! Welcome to Walmart".

My wife earns less than 10.00 an hour, probably around $9.75 an hour. It takes every single dime of that to just make the car and insurance payments and help with food costs and electric bills!
Luvapottamus
06-15-2018 01:31 AM

CyberDan  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:20 AM)

Wages went up 216%

Rent went up 313%

Economy FAIL!

lol

Apartment complex FAIL.

Lmao

I searched to check the current pricing($580 was four or five years ago).

Check the reviews:

Quote:I have lived here and the apartments are nice with the exception of the 2 murders that have taken place here recently.

Quote:Please do yourself a favor, and don't waste your valuable time or money. I moved into coppermill early November of 2013, I swiftly moved out about 3 months later in January of 2014. Before moving in I took a tour of the unit I would be moving into with one of the leasing agents and during the tour everything looked pretty clean & up to par. Looking back now obviously someone had to have cleaned that roach trap right before they took me in there. After taking the tour I went back a few days later to sign the lease & get all of the move in paperwork ready. Now this was my first time renting an apartment under my name and before hand I had heard of some of the horror stories about apartment complex's and how they tend to screw people over, so I didn't want to make any of the same mistakes, I specifically asked my agent before signing the lease " to the best of you or anyone elses knowledge do you have any roach or pest infestations in my unit or any of the surrounding units" to which her response was "not at all, we have a company come out and spray every other week if you put in a request beforehand, we haven't had any complaints of pests from any of the tenants in your building" pretty reassuring right? I took the bait. So I signed the lease. I never would've thought she would lie and take advantage of me like that. Probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. I moved in about a week later & luckily I didnt put much furniture in right away because my unit & probably all of the surrounding units had a severe roach infestation. & I'm not talking little baby roaches, the roaches infesting my unit were massive, these roaches had to have either been around for years or injected with steriods.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGR...ad9c7,1,,,

Reviews on right next to maps if it doesn't popup.

Checked another site and they sold the complex and it's currently closed.

chuckle

daersoulkeeper
User ID: 116126
06-15-2018 01:34 AM

CyberDan  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:20 AM)

Wages went up 216%

Rent went up 313%

Economy FAIL!

WRONG

they WANT IT THIS WAY

so for all those evil bastard 0.1% at the top, ITS GOING GREAT AND ACCORDING TO PLAN!
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:35 AM by daersoulkeeper.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 375473
06-15-2018 01:36 AM

MAGA B*tches you will all be homeless soon or renting from us.
If you do not know who "us" is you will definitely be homeless.
King Doom
All Hail the King!
06-15-2018 01:36 AM

CyberDan  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:30 AM)

My wife earns less than 10.00 an hour, probably around $9.75 an hour. It takes every single dime of that to just make the car and insurance payments and help with food costs and electric bills!

I will admit I am on food stamps and Obamacare, but in all honesty, I would not be able to afford food or health care costs otherwise. I shop at night, because I'm always afraid I'm going to run into some a-hole who is going to talk down to me for using my food stamps. I am a tax payer and pay into the system like everyone else. The government spends way more money on corporate subsidies, and no one bats an eye. It's also funny that farmers whine about food stamps, when the people who use them are literally supporting their livelihood, and they usually get fat checks from the government themselves.In fact I know one farmer who has over $100k in gold stashed away, all bought with taxpayer money. He gets so many farm welfare checks, he doesn't even get them all cashed before they expire. He bought a new truck with cash too, and then whines about people using food stamps. People don't think correctly anymore.

Luvapottamus
06-15-2018 01:37 AM

I worked at a TV station in the early 2000's as a floor crew cameraman, shooting the 5,6,10, sports extra, morning show, and gripped the wild weather roadshows.

Got paid $6/hr which was better than the minimum wage at the time, but they capped me at 32 hours a week and I was ON CALL so I couldn't take a second job.

In case there was breaking news or a tornado or somebody else quit or didn't show up I was ON CALL.

It was minimum wage ultimately.

Had the cheapest garage apartment in town had to decide on rent or car insurance.

Got ticketed for the car insurance.

One night a spider bit me on the forehead and my face puffed up like a balloon.

One of the meterologists and one of the anchors insisted I go to the ER, so I went, waited four hours and left.

All I wanted to know was is this a recluse bite and is my face gonna fall off, and they made me wait four hours.

Luckily it wasn't a recluse because I had to go home and sleep for the Morning Show.

This is what they pay the people who shoot your local news.

Well not anymore...they replaced the floor crew cameramen with robots.

chuckle

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:37 AM by Luvapottamus.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 375473
06-15-2018 01:39 AM

King Doom  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:36 AM)
I will admit I am on food stamps and Obamacare, but in all honesty, I would not be able to afford food or health care costs otherwise. I shop at night, because I'm always afraid I'm going to run into some a-hole who is going to talk down to me for using my food stamps. I am a tax payer and pay into the system like everyone else. The government spends way more money on corporate subsidies, and no one bats an eye. It's also funny that farmers whine about food stamps, when the people who use them are literally supporting their livelihood, and they usually get fat checks from the government themselves.In fact I know one farmer who has over $100k in gold stashed away, all bought with taxpayer money. He gets so many farm welfare checks, he doesn't even get them all cashed before they expire. He bought a new truck with cash too, and then whines about people using food stamps. People don't think correctly anymore.

More power to you.
King Doom
All Hail the King!
06-15-2018 01:42 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:37 AM)

I worked at a TV station in the early 2000's as a floor crew cameraman, shooting the 5,6,10, sports extra, morning show, and gripped the wild weather roadshows.

Got paid $6/hr which was better than the minimum wage at the time, but they capped me at 32 hours a week and I was ON CALL so I couldn't take a second job.

In case there was breaking news or a tornado or somebody else quit or didn't show up I was ON CALL.

It was minimum wage ultimately.

Had the cheapest garage apartment in town had to decide on rent or car insurance.

Got ticketed for the car insurance.

One night a spider bit me on the forehead and my face puffed up like a balloon.

One of the meterologists and one of the anchors insisted I go to the ER, so I went, waited four hours and left.

All I wanted to know was is this a recluse bite and is my face gonna fall off, and they made me wait four hours.

Luckily it wasn't a recluse because I had to go home and sleep for the Morning Show.

This is what they pay the people who shoot your local news.

Well not anymore...they replaced the floor crew cameramen with robots.

chuckle

I got bit by one before, luckily it was not a very deep bite. I went to the ER and they said it was a bruise. Luckily it scabbed over and fell off like a bad sunburn. If it would of turned into necrosis, I would of probably have sued for wrong diagnosis. I don't even really like going to the hospitals anymore, because I can usually do a better job diagnosing myself using google, and then they want to argue with me until the tests or scans come back and whadayaknow, I was right.

My dad got stung by a wasp, they wanted to XRAY his hand..for a WASP STING.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018 01:43 AM by King Doom.) Quote this message in a reply
Luvapottamus
06-15-2018 01:44 AM

According to 23 & me I'm part black, so nobody get offended please...

chuckle

Slavery was better in some ways.

You got a free crappy place to live and the dregs of the food supply were HEALTHIER!

Collard Greens and cheap cuts of meat with no hormones no preservatives no roundup.

Anon

No car insurance.

King Doom
All Hail the King!
06-15-2018 01:47 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (06-15-2018 01:44 AM)
According to 23 & me I'm part black, so nobody get offended please...

chuckle

Slavery was better in some ways.

You got a free crappy place to live and the dregs of the food supply were HEALTHIER!

Collard Greens and cheap cuts of meat with no hormones no preservatives no roundup.

Anon

No car insurance.

There were lot of Irish and Swedish people living where I used to live in the Midwest. Back in the 1880s, farmers would literally pay their way over to America, give them a room and feed them, all in return for work.

Can you imaging asking a Republican to pay for someone from Mexico to work for you, pay their visa cost, give them a room and some food? Their head would explode.

CyberDan
06-15-2018 01:48 AM

Full coverage car insurance is a complete ripoff and should be eliminated. Everyone should just get liability only to cover the other person, that way EVERYONE is covered and no one has to pay ridiculous monthly rates.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication