News
news Will Italy's Ominous Supervolcano Erupt Soon?
news Megafires of the Future Will Burn ‘Bigger, Brighter, and Longer’
news 'Bigfoot' reportedly sighted in Northern California, pictures go viral
news Mysterious Disturbing and Sinister Audio Recordings
news 400 Mysterious Ancient Stone Structures Discovered in Saudi Arabia
news The great thaw of America's north is coming
news 3 Weird Impacts From Storm Ophelia Explained
news A Look Back at the McMinnville UFO Photos
news Chinese Space Station to Crash to Earth Soon
news An Eerie Anniversary: October 1987
news Shadow People On The Loose

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average

How to Build a Useful Secure Computer and more Secure Internet
Luvapottamus
User ID: 200208
12-27-2013 08:47 AM

Advertisement
Trying to make a high quality thread here, so I may ignore early responses, but will try to come back to them after I lay out a few thoughts.

First the problem: The computers are lame and spy on you. The internet was designed to be insecure ON PURPOSE, then they pretended to make it secure in a very similar way to how the mob makes your ma and pa bakery secure.

Yet it doesn't actually work as well as that.

We weren't considered "stakeholders" and weren't brought to the table before they did all this.

This thread is our turn. And I'm wanting it to have the spirit of this film:

GNU/LINUX beat the competition around 2006. Then it got trashed. That's what I saw happen.

So all the ideas I'm contributing are GPLv3. I don't care who builds it, just don't lock me out of it.

And be a gent and give me a lab with good hardware if it makes you rich.

A few of my Ideas and the security debate intro next. I'm going to take my time writing the next installment.

Heartflowers

There is no such thing as sovereign debt. Reinstate Greenbacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb5OQUElilo
http://taxwallstreetparty.org/
United Front Against Austerity
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 11:34 PM by Luvapottamus.)

Luvapottamus
12-27-2013 09:33 AM

Security first. I don't want to be flown off to some dank dungeon for making suggestions, so let's talk about "National Security" first.

4th Amendment never threatened it.

People are worried foreign countries with working computers that are secure:

1) Can make weapons we need to know about.
2) Might beat us in a fair competition for economic supremacy and technological innovation.
3) Can counterfeit and copy our patents, movies and other intellectual property.

They can do all of that anyway.

chuckle

And we can't innovate if our sh*t doesn't work. I'm not willing to do anything creative right now other than LOP after having all my computers flooded with a RF bootkit.

So if there's a PROBLEM with me fixing this publicly, speak now or hire a sniper.

chuckle

Luvapottamus
12-27-2013 10:05 AM

I. Power Supplies

Leak everything. And they create dirty electricity which backfeeds into your home electric wiring and the grid. Unhealthy.

So you want batteries. Not sure why they chose what they did, but the only thing stopping me from running a PC off batteries is a 5V.

chuckle

I saved a shitload of UPS batteries and was going to melt some down to make one.

But the basic idea is you want 2 sets of batteries, The one you're USING, and the one you are CHARGING.

Or more. And they aren't interconnected except by a relay.

Like an RV or Volkswagen camping system.

Questions
User ID: 183996
12-27-2013 10:17 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (12-27-2013 08:47 AM)
Trying to make a high quality thread here, so I may ignore early responses, but will try to come back to them after I lay out a few thoughts.

First the problem: The computers are lame and spy on you. The internet was designed to be insecure ON PURPOSE, then they pretended to make it secure in a very similar way to how the mob makes your ma and pa bakery secure.

We weren't considered "stakeholders" and weren't brought to the table before they did all this.

GNU/LINUX beat the competition around 2006. Then it got trashed. That's what I saw happen.

So all the ideas I'm contributing are GPLv3. I don't care who builds it, just don't lock me out of it.

A few of my Ideas and the security debate intro next. I'm going to take my time writing the next installment.

Heartflowers

Remember when the internet first came out? Totally fun. Then the Government comes along & fks it all up. (Like they always do) We need a place where they can't get their grubby hands on.
JIF
I know what's across the water
User ID: 111228
12-27-2013 10:24 AM

Questions  Wrote: (12-27-2013 10:17 AM)
Luvapottamus  Wrote: (12-27-2013 08:47 AM)

Heartflowers

Remember when the internet first came out? Totally fun. Then the Government comes along & fks it all up. (Like they always do) We need a place where they can't get their grubby hands on.

Are you old enough to remember when the internet first came out because it would put you in your 40's and as a computer user at the age of 10+, as real internet public users were connected in the early 1980s and some in the late 1970s

I used to doubt psychology until I met so many of you suffering from Apophenia and Pareidolia.
Luvapottamus
12-27-2013 10:34 AM

I'm 43. And I was still using windows 3.1.1 on my 486 in 1998?

ICQ virus ate it.

chuckle

That's when I built my first barebones kit. I bought an MSI board with a celeron 850. Used that until 2005. I'd still use it except it blew caps. I have a tualatin for it.

f**ker was FAST.

Anon

IIc from 83 until my friend wrote a bad assembler program for it in maybe 1990?

Thay haven't progressed much since the first version of windows. The graphics look cool, but the files are still buried in folder trees.

Apple almost fixed that, but not really.

That's what my first thread of this nature was about: the desktop and filesystem.

I want a Google Earth galactic view of my files. With relationships I choose to make it visually meaningful to me.

Combined with a FLAT FILESYSTEM and METADATA ARRAY, so I can know exactly where everything came from, and what I was working on when it was either created by me, or gleaned elsewhere.

Which would make things easier to share, and easier for investigators to make sense of IF THEY HAVE A WARRANT.

RUSH
Today's Tom Sawyer
User ID: 144551
12-27-2013 10:49 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (12-27-2013 10:34 AM)
I'm 43. And I was still using windows 3.1.1 on my 486 in 1998?

ICQ virus ate it.

chuckle

That's when I built my first barebones kit. I bought an MSI board with a celeron 850. Used that until 2005. I'd still use it except it blew caps. I have a tualatin for it.

f*cker was FAST.

Anon

IIc from 83 until my friend wrote a bad assembler program for it in maybe 1990?

Thay haven't progressed much since the first version of windows. The graphics look cool, but the files are still buried in folder trees.

Apple almost fixed that, but not really.

That's what my first thread of this nature was about: the desktop and filesystem.

I want a Google Earth galactic view of my files. With relationships I choose to make it visually meaningful to me.

Combined with a FLAT FILESYSTEM and METADATA ARRAY, so I can know exactly where everything came from, and what I was working on when it was either created by me, or gleaned elsewhere.

Which would make things easier to share, and easier for investigators to make sense of IF THEY HAVE A WARRANT.

Raredpqq

Growing the way the wind blows..
Luvapottamus
12-27-2013 11:24 AM

Jhikpghf

chuckle

I'm not sure I'm the first person to think of it, but I invented Google Earth in 2005.

That was MY IDEA.

It may be one of those synchronicities where somebody else thought of it too.

But my conception was "The Earth Museum". Every capital city would have a five story high museum with a globe in the center, and a spiral ramp, and you could ZOOM IN and get the real picture of planetary health.

AT&T was spying on me at the time, obviously Google was too.

But I'm not sure they stole the idea, and I don't care if they did. It's one of those things that should be FREE.

Heartflowers

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 11:25 AM by Luvapottamus.)
Fact Yawn
lop guest
User ID: 202605
12-27-2013 12:04 PM

You know this is getting really lame watching the mass hoards run from one supposed magick-fix-it-all-solution to the next. One week it's tor and the next it's a new operating system and who knows what it will be next week. And each time the governments and corporations become more and more paranoid so they in return find more ways to impliment measures to keep control.

I hate to be the one that points out the obvious but...

It's the Tower of babel being played out for real. Eventually it's all going to come violently tumbling down on our heads.

Therefore I'll let you all in on a some little secrets.
  • *The way to keep the NSA from spying on you is a physical Face-to-Face conversations without tech-tricks.
  • *The way to getting non-GMO food is to grow your own.
  • *The way to avoid chemtrails is not live in a city.
  • *The way to avoid GPS tracking is to not own a late model car or a cell phone
  • *The way to avoid smart meters is build your own generator and live off-grid
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 200936
12-27-2013 12:14 PM

Problem is OP, with my Quantified Infinity process used as a new operating system (as it is a rue enabling technology) would give that exact power back to every individual..

So unless this entires worlds collective society falls, as long as binary is open, their can be no secured system..
NormalIsSubjective

User ID: 208709
12-31-2013 01:05 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (12-27-2013 12:14 PM)
Problem is OP, with my Quantified Infinity process used as a new operating system (as it is a rue enabling technology) would give that exact power back to every individual..

So unless this entires worlds collective society falls, as long as binary is open, their can be no secured system..

If you were TPTB and knew that was coming, how would you prep for it?

Keeping an eye on folks would likely be on the to-do list, eh?

chuckle
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 208857
12-31-2013 02:45 AM

Well, I've actually put a lot of thought and experimentation on developing my own implementation.

I bought a Nook HD+ based on the ability to install linux, real linux, not android or Ubuntu.

I have some necessary tools with which to work with, bootloader/kernel source.

I know enough that some things require "cleaning"...IE. bootloader and kernel. that means no NFS, IPV6, or FUSE.

The OS can be made "clean" as well. No systemd, gam_server, gvfs, at-spi*, selinux, etc. Browser can be chroot jailed.

Based on this, all major window managers are owned. No tizen, kde, gnome bullcrap.

I decided the best route to achieve a decent minimal system is through a simple compiz as a standalone WM perhaps using cairo-dock. Cairo-dock does have internet activity but that can be controlled elsewhere.

This is where my head has been for the past few weeks:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wa...10850.html
https://github.com/prabindh/qt-configs/t..._1.0_Aug13
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2898
Joshua Flynn
while(CENSORED){printf("%s\n",Ideas);}
User ID: 208188
12-31-2013 02:52 AM

Luvapottamus  Wrote: (12-27-2013 10:05 AM)
So you want batteries. Not sure why they chose what they did, but the only thing stopping me from running a PC off batteries is a 5V.

It's curious to note and ask, why is it so many electronics run on 5 volt...

...but there's no 5 volt batteries?

Everyone has to do overly complicated stuff with either breadboard circuits with 6v AA batteries using resistors, or they have to get some overpriced lithium ion battery that matches the voltage requirement but then requires an expensive adaptor to work, or a lead-acid battery which has leak and gas/explosion issues.

It sounds like, people didn't want 5v to be easily accessible...

...even though it's the most common power supply demand there is.

First port of call: there's no wind-up phones anywhere, ever.

You have wind-up torches.
Wind-up shavers.
Wind-up MP3 players.
Wind-up USB port chargers.

But no wind-up phones. Nokia sits on the patents in the UK since... 1995. It's now 18 years later, where they parrot 'energy saving' but you still can't have a wind-up phone.

Why is that?

Are they scared someone might go 'off-grid' with a wind-up phone?

Seems odd to patent that but not use it. Even though countless other devices do.

Then there's the endless adaptor head differences. Even with the same company making similar models. It's like they don't want it to be compatible.

Everyone could agree on USB. And USB micro.

But not a universal phone port?

(Hint: a USB based one.)

Seems suspicious.

How to filter radioactive water:
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p919.htm

Disturbed  Wrote: (01-03-2014 07:10 AM)
Would be really nice to get rid of some of the OCD here.
Joshua Flynn
while(CENSORED){printf("%s\n",Ideas);}
User ID: 208188
12-31-2013 03:01 AM

Fact Yawn  Wrote: (12-27-2013 12:04 PM)
Therefore I'll let you all in on a some little secrets.
  • *The way to keep the NSA from spying on you is a physical Face-to-Face conversations without tech-tricks.
  • *The way to getting non-GMO food is to grow your own.
  • *The way to avoid chemtrails is not live in a city.
  • *The way to avoid GPS tracking is to not own a late model car or a cell phone
  • *The way to avoid smart meters is build your own generator and live off-grid

Either your list is well-meaning but ignorant, or malicious and disinformation.

1. Face-to-face conversations are not safe. Facial recognition technology on CCTV cameras found everywhere (hint: phones are walking CCTV cameras and microphones. Think 'batman' in terms of capability. Look up 'CELLDAR'). Poorly scribbled writing with short-hand notes and obscure references, is, however, more likely to demand a human operator with some brains be available: no rent-a-guard CCTV units.

2. The food you grow may already be GMO, or become GMO via cross-contamination. Containment plan didn't work for McCarthyism and it won't work here. Sorry.

3. Chemical sprayings of zinc cadium sulfide, as exampled in the UK trials, targeted rural areas as well. Avoiding city is a good idea as it keeps you away from the wifi net but don't be fooled into think it's chemical spray proof. If you're that paranoid you'd need 24/7 gas mask.

4. Partially true. Old school 'plant a tracker' is possible for cars, and worst-still if your friends hitch a ride and they pull out their iTrack. But dumbphones are just as capable of locational giveaway as any other phone (I tested it). Cell location hand-off gives away approximate location. Easiest way to avoid track is to have no phone at all (removing the battery may not suffice because it may use passive RFID type tech, IE the phone may broadcast if the locator shouts enough energy for it to use to return to sender).

5. That assumes a 'screw everyone else' mentality. Eventually enforcement will make off-grid living mandatory 'smart grid' under the pretence of 'energy efficiency'. There's a reason why they make solar 'sell back to the grid': it's a pre-empt for off-grid solar panels to be connected to the grid. Off-grid living is one thing, but smart meters need petitioned removal and a permanent solution.

How to filter radioactive water:
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p919.htm

Disturbed  Wrote: (01-03-2014 07:10 AM)
Would be really nice to get rid of some of the OCD here.
Luvapottamus
01-03-2014 01:47 AM

II. Cooling.

This one I'm not sure about for miniaturization, so I'll just have to work this as a prototype(and I intend to get started building something secure as soon as I can because I need a computer that isn't snapping picrtures of me every time I make a noise. chuckle It's a little unsettling. Yes have gaff tape, but I want to at least OUTLINE my screenplays and book ideas while they are still fresh. And I don't want to do it on any computer currently in this house.)

So I'm going to work with an openbios mobo, and build my own case.

http://www.openfirmware.info/Welcome_to_OpenBIOS

http://opencores.org/

^^^some resources for anybody else wanting to start down the trail to freedom.

So cooling. Liquid cooling or a freon type system would work best, but after working on leaking cars for decades, I don't want to mess with either.
Might use some heat sinks that contain one or the other but I don't want to fuss with pumps.

So squirrel cage blower with a noise and EMF/RF matrix supressor and a ducted case. One source of cool air with either a plenum to blow it through multiple passages or an internal manifold to direct it over the hot spots that need to be cooled, and another noise/RF/EMF supressing matrix on the exhaust manifold.

What I mean by matrix is this.

(Will fill in picture later, but it looks like a twisted catalytic converter core)

Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication