News
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028
news Descend Into England’s Network of Secret Nuclear Bunkers
news British UFO hunter’s laptop was ‘wiped’ after mysterious death
news Expert warns satellites could be hacked and used as giant 'radio frequency weapons'
news 1,000-year-old Maya document that tracks the movement of Venus is real
news Google Maps' strangest objects revealed
news The Russian Family That Cut Itself Off From Civilization for More Than 40 Years

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Crypto carshing, hodl or buying opportunity ?
Bovine
lop guest
User ID: 449065
07-06-2018 06:55 AM

work Crypto carshing, hodl or buying opportunity ?
Advertisement
Crap coins bleeding but bitcoin staying sideways. What say you? Any shilling suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 381174
07-06-2018 06:59 AM

RE: Crypto carshing, hodl or buying opportunity ?
If you're gambling then just throw a dart at a board. Going long cryptos is not a safe bet IMO since our energy density is declining and the long term value of cryptos depends on exponentially increasing energy. Just like our current 'money' depends on exponentially increasing debt.

We live in a finite world, we're hitting the boundaries fast.
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-06-2018 07:06 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-06-2018 06:59 AM)
If you're gambling then just throw a dart at a board. Going long cryptos is not a safe bet IMO since our energy density is declining and the long term value of cryptos depends on exponentially increasing energy. Just like our current 'money' depends on exponentially increasing debt.

Great response, thank you for sharing your thoughts. So with that in mind, would it be wise to invest in a energy efficient crypto or is physical gold and silver the best bet?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 376209
07-06-2018 07:32 AM

Gold, Silver is junk metal.
Crypto is folding doubt if you can even sell it, buy something if you can with it.
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-06-2018 07:32 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-06-2018 07:06 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-06-2018 06:59 AM)

Great response, thank you for sharing your thoughts. So with that in mind, would it be wise to invest in a energy efficient crypto or is physical gold and silver the best bet?

Honestly, I don't give cryptos much chance until they tag them to something productive. For instance, if someone creates some bit of code that is encrypted and tied to a database so that any time it's used it earns some amount of coins, then it's based on productivity.

As it is now, anyone can code a crypto coin that's why we have new ICOs coming out all the time. Bitcoin and the other coins that have been around are valuable only in that people have invested in them. The only thing giving them value are the people holding them.

To be used in commerce, cryptos have to be energy efficient as you say, right now it costs something like $50 to verify a bitcoin transaction, so then they are really only useful to the economy for transactions on the order of $2,500 or more, that is assuming a 2% transaction fee to use bitcoins. Not too many things are bought for $2,500.

Also, the whole point of cryptos were that they were 1) limited in number and 2) anonymous. But once a certain number of bitcoins are mined then it costs more and more to mine them, AND verify them since miners verify the coins. If 20,999,999 bitcoins have been mined it will take a huge amount of energy to mine the last bitcoin but their value in the economy may not recoup that energy cost. So soon, people will stop mining bitcoins and once there are no more miners then they can't verify transactions. I think that's the real reason for the forks, to keep people mining coins but then the whole idea of a limited number of coins falls apart right?

Encrypted blockchains can transform our modern economies, what I envision as a useful system to the economy would be for state treasuries to open up gold and silver repositories where people can deposit say 10 grams of gold and in exchange they get 10 gram encrypted coins to spend in the economy. If they want to withdraw 5 grams of physical gold, then those coins are deleted from the database. If they put 10 more grams in, then 10 new coins are created.

That is fungibility. There are several cryptomoney coins being planned right now, but as far as I know no state or national level coins are being planned. It may happen, but right now the only mint offering coins I think is perth mint.

Anyway, for any of this to have value we need further complexity, and therefore energy. But our fossil fuels are dropping in energy density. It takes 1 barrel of shale oil to deliver 5 or less barrels to market whereas 50 years ago 1 barrel of crude could deliver 30 barrels of oil to market.

Gold and silver are stored energy, and that is their real value because their production costs were subsidized with debt to keep their resale values low. Silver is currently at production costs, it won't drop below production costs or companies stop mining, because they can't take a loss. And governments won't subsidize production because that would conflict with their fiat money regime right?

If you want the best possible investment find some high precision mills and equipment because all of that machinery required lots and lots of energy to produce. But you might have to hold onto it for 20 years or more.

Gold and silver are versatile, stored energy, that's why they have always been money.
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-07-2018 08:05 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-06-2018 07:32 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-06-2018 07:06 AM)

Honestly, I don't give cryptos much chance until they tag them to something productive. For instance, if someone creates some bit of code that is encrypted and tied to a database so that any time it's used it earns some amount of coins, then it's based on productivity.

As it is now, anyone can code a crypto coin that's why we have new ICOs coming out all the time. Bitcoin and the other coins that have been around are valuable only in that people have invested in them. The only thing giving them value are the people holding them.

To be used in commerce, cryptos have to be energy efficient as you say, right now it costs something like $50 to verify a bitcoin transaction, so then they are really only useful to the economy for transactions on the order of $2,500 or more, that is assuming a 2% transaction fee to use bitcoins. Not too many things are bought for $2,500.

Also, the whole point of cryptos were that they were 1) limited in number and 2) anonymous. But once a certain number of bitcoins are mined then it costs more and more to mine them, AND verify them since miners verify the coins. If 20,999,999 bitcoins have been mined it will take a huge amount of energy to mine the last bitcoin but their value in the economy may not recoup that energy cost. So soon, people will stop mining bitcoins and once there are no more miners then they can't verify transactions. I think that's the real reason for the forks, to keep people mining coins but then the whole idea of a limited number of coins falls apart right?

Encrypted blockchains can transform our modern economies, what I envision as a useful system to the economy would be for state treasuries to open up gold and silver repositories where people can deposit say 10 grams of gold and in exchange they get 10 gram encrypted coins to spend in the economy. If they want to withdraw 5 grams of physical gold, then those coins are deleted from the database. If they put 10 more grams in, then 10 new coins are created.

That is fungibility. There are several cryptomoney coins being planned right now, but as far as I know no state or national level coins are being planned. It may happen, but right now the only mint offering coins I think is perth mint.

Anyway, for any of this to have value we need further complexity, and therefore energy. But our fossil fuels are dropping in energy density. It takes 1 barrel of shale oil to deliver 5 or less barrels to market whereas 50 years ago 1 barrel of crude could deliver 30 barrels of oil to market.

Gold and silver are stored energy, and that is their real value because their production costs were subsidized with debt to keep their resale values low. Silver is currently at production costs, it won't drop below production costs or companies stop mining, because they can't take a loss. And governments won't subsidize production because that would conflict with their fiat money regime right?

If you want the best possible investment find some high precision mills and equipment because all of that machinery required lots and lots of energy to produce. But you might have to hold onto it for 20 years or more.

Gold and silver are versatile, stored energy, that's why they have always been money.

Good info as I am a novice investor and find your entire post fascinating especially the part about Perth I will have to look into finding out more about cryptomoney coins, did not know of it. I agree with diversifying too, The mutual funds I’m in that have to do with industrialization like mills, textile and mining show the best returns.

Cmicsfee
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 449215
07-07-2018 08:12 AM

Start a Utube channel on cryptocrap and grow rich with the hodl con, sell hodl t-shirts, plagiarize other crypto con channels, evoke patreon subs, offer bogus trade calls and lie a lot. You can rake in more money this way than you will ever get from cryptoconcrapacy.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 433154
07-07-2018 01:32 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-07-2018 08:12 AM)
Start a Utube channel on cryptocrap and grow rich with the hodl con, sell hodl t-shirts, plagiarize other crypto con channels, evoke patreon subs, offer bogus trade calls and lie a lot. You can rake in more money this way than you will ever get from cryptoconcrapacy.

AAHAHAHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHH GENIUS
Original Poser
lop guest
User ID: 449433
07-08-2018 05:51 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-07-2018 08:12 AM)

Promoting such a volatile system without plenty of disclaimers or balance, I believe it is reckless and to profit off of others loss is the lowest of the low.

What1
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-08-2018 06:03 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-07-2018 08:05 AM)
Good info as I am a novice investor and find your entire post fascinating especially the part about Perth I will have to look into finding out more about cryptomoney coins, did not know of it. I agree with diversifying too, The mutual funds I’m in that have to do with industrialization like mills, textile and mining show the best returns.

Cmicsfee

This is an old article, http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-24/cr...nt/9352036

I'll see if I can dig up some more recent ones. I had found a site that was taking investors for crypto silver coins about a month ago, they had a limited offer.

These are all interesting ideas, however personally I don't think any of them will really work until a state or national treasury opens it's doors for depositing gold or silver which are then fungible with crypto coins.

If you are really interested you can research some of Keith Weiner's work at Monetary Metals.

https://monetary-metals.com/
Oragaminal poster
lop guest
User ID: 449433
07-08-2018 09:54 PM

pin RE: Crypto carshing, hodl or buying opportunity ?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-08-2018 06:03 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-07-2018 08:05 AM)

Cmicsfee

I'll see if I can dig up some more recent ones. I had found a site that was taking investors for crypto silver coins about a month ago, they had a limited offer.

These are all interesting ideas, however personally I don't think any of them will really work until a state or national treasury opens it's doors for depositing gold or silver which are then fungible with crypto coins.

If you are really interested you can research some of Keith Weiner's work at Monetary Metals.

https://monetary-metals.com/

Thank you

Goodpost1
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-09-2018 12:56 AM

Related

LoP Guest
lop guest
07-09-2018 01:10 AM

This is the website I was thinking of

https://www.lode.one/

Psrcnboq
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 450020
07-12-2018 06:36 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-09-2018 01:10 AM)

This is the website I was thinking of

https://www.lode.one/

Psrcnboq

Thank you
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 450055
07-12-2018 12:28 PM

heart RE: Crypto carshing, hodl or buying opportunity ?
ILOVEYOU  Wrote: (07-12-2018 07:22 AM)
This coin will explode in price. It has privacy and it has utility. There is only one like this.

Which coin??
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication