News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Plant Based Diet?
Sarah
User ID: 257528
07-14-2018 06:19 AM

teach Plant Based Diet?
Advertisement
I'm a member of a Facebook group called Plant Based Eating - basically people who have switched over to a completely vegetarian diet. Someone asked the following question:

"What health improvements have you seen as a result of transitioning to a plant based diet?"

These are the responses so far, with names removed:

_____: The animals I would have eaten are healthier than they would have been otherwise.

_____: Lower BP, no reflux, sleeping better w/o sleeping aids and weight loss.

_____: Even with a chest cold, I am breathing so much better without dairy. It takes a bit to unclog the airways, don’t be alarmed if you cough some.

_____: I don’t have to take dozens of stomach pills a day now.

_____: I used to get a sinus infection just about every spring. I haven't had one since. My husband has greatly improved his liver enzymes(he was diagnosed with NASH)to a normal level, lowered cholesterol, blood pressure, reduced chronic pain.

_____: Type 2 diabetes:gone, sleep apnea: gone, acid reflux: gone, high cholesterol: gone, 87 pounds:gone.

_____: That's great, my husband also had sleep apnea and was able to get off his CPAP machine by losing weight due to changing to a plant-based diet!

_____: Awesome!

_____: I stopped my medication for my stomach, my thyroid antibodies are down. I have more energy. Acne is clearing away. I’m more focused. Inflammation in my body is down. I’m healing faster from nicks and scratches. My hair and nails are growing faster. I g…See More

_____: Longevity & quality life is better in vegan diet.

_____: Animals not dying for me.

_____: Being able to walk without a cane!! Pain free from spinal arthritis.

_____: Weight loss, normal blood pressure, excellent cholesterol numbers, feel wonderful!

_____: Off all 5 meds I was on including insulin, high B/P meds, heartburn meds, and neuropathy meds, also weight loss, better sleep, no more leg cramps, increased energy and stamina, alkaline body (as opposed to acidic) and generally just feeling better all around. Skin glows too. Oh yeah, no more pain from fibromyalgia.

_____: Weight loss, less mucous, asthma improved, sleep better and best of all MS symptoms improving. ?

_____: I went from size 14 to size 5!!!! My thyroid problem is no longer an issue!!! ??!!! I still eat fish for iodine *shhh

Thoughts? Opinions? I was a vegetarian for about 15 years, then after my divorce started eating some meat (never lost my love of bacon), but I'm seriously considering going back to it.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018 06:19 AM by Sarah.) Quote this message in a reply
Counting Sheep staff
COGITA ANTE SALIS
User ID: 441453
07-14-2018 06:20 AM

RE: Plant Based Diet?
Everyone I know who has stayed on one claims to feel better but the same can be said of Keto and other diets that avoid artificial things, starches and sugars. I think the key is to find what's best for your body and stick with it.
Quote this message in a reply
Natura Naturans
User ID: 441875
07-14-2018 06:25 AM

You don't have to be too strict to get health benefits of eating fruits, vegetables and grains. In the China Study when people cut back to eating no more than 10% of their diet from meat and dairy they saw the same health benefits as if they were total vegetarians.

https://nutritionstudies.org/the-china-study/

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.” --Baruch Spinoza
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 430723
07-14-2018 06:27 AM

I did it for a couple of years. I don't think I was getting the proper nutrition though.
For me it started affecting my libido, I started feeling "weird"... high almost, and I started having fragile bones (broke several bones). FWIW.
Loosey Fur
User ID: 440008
07-14-2018 06:30 AM

Sarah  Wrote: (07-14-2018 06:19 AM)
I'm a member of a Facebook group called Plant Based Eating - basically people who have switched over to a completely vegetarian diet. Someone asked the following question:

"What health improvements have you seen as a result of transitioning to a plant based diet?"

These are the responses so far, with names removed:

_____: The animals I would have eaten are healthier than they would have been otherwise.

_____: Lower BP, no reflux, sleeping better w/o sleeping aids and weight loss.

_____: Even with a chest cold, I am breathing so much better without dairy. It takes a bit to unclog the airways, don’t be alarmed if you cough some.

_____: I don’t have to take dozens of stomach pills a day now.

_____: I used to get a sinus infection just about every spring. I haven't had one since. My husband has greatly improved his liver enzymes(he was diagnosed with NASH)to a normal level, lowered cholesterol, blood pressure, reduced chronic pain.

_____: Type 2 diabetes:gone, sleep apnea: gone, acid reflux: gone, high cholesterol: gone, 87 pounds:gone.

_____: That's great, my husband also had sleep apnea and was able to get off his CPAP machine by losing weight due to changing to a plant-based diet!

_____: Awesome!

_____: I stopped my medication for my stomach, my thyroid antibodies are down. I have more energy. Acne is clearing away. I’m more focused. Inflammation in my body is down. I’m healing faster from nicks and scratches. My hair and nails are growing faster. I g…See More

_____: Longevity & quality life is better in vegan diet.

_____: Animals not dying for me.

_____: Being able to walk without a cane!! Pain free from spinal arthritis.

_____: Weight loss, normal blood pressure, excellent cholesterol numbers, feel wonderful!

_____: Off all 5 meds I was on including insulin, high B/P meds, heartburn meds, and neuropathy meds, also weight loss, better sleep, no more leg cramps, increased energy and stamina, alkaline body (as opposed to acidic) and generally just feeling better all around. Skin glows too. Oh yeah, no more pain from fibromyalgia.

_____: Weight loss, less mucous, asthma improved, sleep better and best of all MS symptoms improving. ?

_____: I went from size 14 to size 5!!!! My thyroid problem is no longer an issue!!! ??!!! I still eat fish for iodine *shhh

Thoughts? Opinions? I was a vegetarian for about 15 years, then after my divorce started eating some meat (never lost my love of bacon), but I'm seriously considering going back to it.

Plants will defend themselves, and kill you.

LECTINS!!!! Gectpebo

[Image: Idun-and-the-Apples.jpg]
Krampus
User ID: 448607
07-14-2018 06:34 AM

I consider myself chicketerian since i only have chicken left in my diet and the rest is mostly vegetarian!

How about putting a smile on someone face instead of a tear!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 450318
07-14-2018 06:35 AM

I'll take my diet advice from the T-Rex.
Asteroid killed him, not his eating habits.
Loosey Fur
07-14-2018 06:36 AM

Plants eat meat
Humans eat meat
Vegans eat plants

Makes no sense.

Sarah
07-14-2018 06:41 AM

chicketarian.

chuckle
Loosey Fur
07-14-2018 06:42 AM

Sarah  Wrote: (07-14-2018 06:41 AM)
chicketarian.

chuckle

Plants are living breathing things. They don't want to be eaten.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018 06:49 AM by Loosey Fur.) Quote this message in a reply
seasnake
User ID: 67904
07-14-2018 06:49 AM

I tend to eat mostly plants or things that eat plants, so basically the same thing
Loosey Fur
07-14-2018 06:50 AM

seasnake  Wrote: (07-14-2018 06:49 AM)
I tend to eat mostly plants or things that eat plants, so basically the same thing

There is a reason cows have 4 stomachs.

They eat grass.

Eldog Wilbury
User ID: 441549
07-14-2018 06:54 AM

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 450243
07-14-2018 07:17 AM

Loosey Fur  Wrote: (07-14-2018 06:42 AM)
Sarah  Wrote: (07-14-2018 06:41 AM)
chicketarian.

chuckle

Plants are living breathing things. They don't want to be eaten.

Eat or be eaten.
Sarah
07-14-2018 04:48 PM

Daytime Bump
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication