News
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028
news Descend Into England’s Network of Secret Nuclear Bunkers
news British UFO hunter’s laptop was ‘wiped’ after mysterious death
news Expert warns satellites could be hacked and used as giant 'radio frequency weapons'
news 1,000-year-old Maya document that tracks the movement of Venus is real
news Google Maps' strangest objects revealed
news The Russian Family That Cut Itself Off From Civilization for More Than 40 Years

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone have experience with file joining/merging with .001 files?
President Camacho
Water? Like from the toilet?
User ID: kaput
01-04-2018 06:07 AM

Anyone have experience with file joining/merging with .001 files?
Advertisement
I downloaded a Nintendo 64 emulator. I downloaded the games to use for the emulator as ROMs, and the ROM files come in three downloads that have to be merged. The files end in .001, .002, and .003, and none of it will work unless I'm unable to join/merge them. I tried to use a program called 7-Zip and it did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how these files can be joined? I've heard of people using Winrar, but also that it doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not very computer savvy. Thanks in advance.

Paid for by Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator.
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 1337
01-04-2018 06:19 AM

RE: Anyone have experience with file joining/merging with .001 files?
Im in something like that,i even went to top web board and started thread and got no help.
I got a 7" rca tablet that works.i got an lgv410 that has access to fastboot mode but when i click on it,screen goes darkish but not off.ive read that is fast boot mode but i dont know how to transfer files or flash to it.
I tried today to get a big android flash lerning thing and it failed.ive downloaded about a hundred apps to try and flash but my rca is unrooted yet the lg is rooted.
When the lg is in normal mode ,its in process com loop.
Ive tried friends windows laptop but cant get bridge to work.
I heard i can twrp recover but i have nothing to recover and dont have a clue what im doing.kinda hit and miss.
I got a rom.but dont know how to zipfile install.i have adb shell apps but they request host info.why would app want the host name when the app is on the host.
Ive tried total commander but dont understand how to transfer files using it.
Most of the apps i try shutdown.just stop.
President Camacho
01-04-2018 06:22 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:19 AM)
Im in something like that,i even went to top web board and started thread and got no help.
I got a 7" rca tablet that works.i got an lgv410 that has access to fastboot mode but when i click on it,screen goes darkish but not off.ive read that is fast boot mode but i dont know how to transfer files or flash to it.
I tried today to get a big android flash lerning thing and it failed.ive downloaded about a hundred apps to try and flash but my rca is unrooted yet the lg is rooted.
When the lg is in normal mode ,its in process com loop.
Ive tried friends windows laptop but cant get bridge to work.
I heard i can twrp recover but i have nothing to recover and dont have a clue what im doing.kinda hit and miss.
I got a rom.but dont know how to zipfile install.i have adb shell apps but they request host info.why would app want the host name when the app is on the host.
Ive tried total commander but dont understand how to transfer files using it.
Most of the apps i try shutdown.just stop.

That sucks. It sounds like you know a lot more about this kind of stuff that I do, because most of that was over my head. I hope you get it figured out.

LoP Guest
lop guest
01-04-2018 06:29 AM

Well like everything,keep it complicated and monopolized.
Odds are its simple.
But then what would a billion indians do for work?
notgettinapostcount
lop guest
01-04-2018 06:31 AM

try the newer versions of winzip
LoP Guest
lop guest
01-04-2018 06:32 AM

Find your ROM's somewhere else.

N64 ROMs are so small that they shouldn't have to be broken up like that. You should only run into that when a file is greater in size than 4GB because some browsers won't let you download single files larger than that size.

You probably ended up at a website that's giving you a run-around. A lot of "download" sites will lead you on but won't give you what you're looking for in the hopes you keep coming back so they can farm ad revenue.
President Camacho
01-04-2018 06:32 AM

notgettinapostcount  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:31 AM)
try the newer versions of winzip

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a shot. Heartflowers

LoP Guest
lop guest
01-04-2018 06:37 AM

My rom is only 300Mb.
Ty for the winzip idea.ill check that out.
Yes you are correct.it seems like a runaround.click bait.
President Camacho
01-04-2018 06:38 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:32 AM)

N64 ROMs are so small that they shouldn't have to be broken up like that. You should only run into that when a file is greater in size than 4GB because some browsers won't let you download single files larger than that size.

You probably ended up at a website that's giving you a run-around. A lot of "download" sites will lead you on but won't give you what you're looking for in the hopes you keep coming back so they can farm ad revenue.

I get what you're saying. This site seems legit to me, but I may be wrong. Basically it's 3 downloads that are 1.76 GB each. It's supposedly EVERY N64 game ever made, which would explain the file size. I believe they spilt it into 3 pieces to cover their a*ses for copyright infringement issues, kinda like the bit torrent sites where people download videos in pieces from different areas that can't function without the whole puzzle. The commentors on the site seemed to have appreciated the content. Hopefully I'm not downloading anything too sketchy. Anon

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/misc...-complete/

LoP Guest
lop guest
01-04-2018 06:51 AM

President Camacho  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:38 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:32 AM)

I get what you're saying. This site seems legit to me, but I may be wrong. Basically it's 3 downloads that are 1.76 GB each. It's supposedly EVERY N64 game ever made, which would explain the file size. I believe they spilt it into 3 pieces to cover their a*ses for copyright infringement issues, kinda like the bit torrent sites where people download videos in pieces from different areas that can't function without the whole puzzle. The commentors on the site seemed to have appreciated the content. Hopefully I'm not downloading anything too sketchy. Anon

If it's a whole collection and it's legit, the only thing they should have done to them is zip them up. The extension should be .zip and nothing else.

When you unzip them with 7zip or whatever else, they should be ready to use.

Also there should be torrents with zipped packs of NES, SNES, and N64 Roms all over. The last time I checked was years ago and there were more than enough seeders to download ROM packs quickly. ROM packs are popular enough where they should be available from someone.

Though you're right you could be downloading something sketchy. I don't do torrents anymore because P2P downloading is like opening up the heart of your PC to everything bad on the internet. If I did this now I would only torrent on a VM and run a virus scan on the files before I copy them to my physical box.

Paranoid? Yes. But much less likely to cause problems.
Skip.
lop guest
01-04-2018 07:00 AM

You need to use this program:

http://www.hjsplit.org/
President Camacho
01-04-2018 07:04 AM

Skip.  Wrote: (01-04-2018 07:00 AM)

I did find that one in my Google search, but it didn't look like they made the program for joining files to work past 32 bit Windows. If I'm not mistaken I think it only went as new as ME and Win 7. I didn't see a mention of Windows 10 64 bit. Aside from that, it seemed highly recommended around the net. Thank you.

President Camacho
01-04-2018 07:07 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:51 AM)
President Camacho  Wrote: (01-04-2018 06:38 AM)

If it's a whole collection and it's legit, the only thing they should have done to them is zip them up. The extension should be .zip and nothing else.

When you unzip them with 7zip or whatever else, they should be ready to use.

Also there should be torrents with zipped packs of NES, SNES, and N64 Roms all over. The last time I checked was years ago and there were more than enough seeders to download ROM packs quickly. ROM packs are popular enough where they should be available from someone.

Though you're right you could be downloading something sketchy. I don't do torrents anymore because P2P downloading is like opening up the heart of your PC to everything bad on the internet. If I did this now I would only torrent on a VM and run a virus scan on the files before I copy them to my physical box.

Paranoid? Yes. But much less likely to cause problems.

I feel ya on that. I recently lost my HDD from a virus. I tried to stream an NFL game from a sketchy streaming site and it didn't work so well. I decided to upgrade to a SSD instead of repairing the old one, and my comp. is much faster now. It was worth the $100.

Skip.
lop guest
01-04-2018 07:07 AM

President Camacho  Wrote: (01-04-2018 07:04 AM)
Skip.  Wrote: (01-04-2018 07:00 AM)

I did find that one in my Google search, but it didn't look like they made the program for joining files to work past 32 bit Windows. If I'm not mistaken I think it only went as new as ME and Win 7. I didn't see a mention of Windows 10 64 bit. Aside from that, it seemed highly recommended around the net. Thank you.

Worth a try. I haven't used it for some time. Probably last time was with Windows XP. I use a Nintendo 64 emulator on my Kindle Fire to play Pilot Wings 64. I use a Red Samurai Bluetooth game-pad. Mario Kart 64 is fun as well. Diddy Kong Racing...
Skip.
lop guest
01-04-2018 07:09 AM

You can get emulators and roms here:

https://www.emuparadise.me/

No weird joining of files needed.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication