News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average

BREAKING: Senate Republicans Agree to Kavanaugh Delay for FBI Probe
Isabella
User ID: 421592
09-28-2018 05:59 AM

BREAKING: Senate Republicans Agree to Kavanaugh Delay for FBI Probe
Advertisement
American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assault Allegations

"Washington (CNN)The American Bar Association is calling on the Senate Judiciary Committee to halt the consideration of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until an FBI investigation is completed into the sexual assault allegations that have roiled his nomination.

In a strongly worded letter obtained by CNN Thursday, the organization said it is making the extraordinary request "because of the ABA's respect for the rule of law and due process under law," siding with concerns voiced by Senate Democrats since Christine Blasey Ford's decades-old allegations became public.

"The basic principles that underscore the Senate's constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI," said Robert Carlson, president of the organization, in a Thursday night letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein.

"Each appointment to our nation's Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote," Carlson wrote. "Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate's reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court

The comments are striking because the organization gave Kavanaugh its highest rating of unanimous, "well-qualified" for the Supreme Court. Kavanaugh himself touted that rating at Thursday's emotionally-charged hearing where he denied Ford's sworn testimony that he attempted to rape her when they were teenagers.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018 09:52 PM by Isabella.) Quote this message in a reply
Isabella
09-28-2018 06:03 AM

RE: BREAKING: American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assaul
]Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him

"The Senate Judiciary Committee needs to slow down and postpone its vote on the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court until the FBI can investigate accusations of sexual misconduct leveled against him by three women.

The accusers and other witnesses should be questioned by the FBI and then be summoned to testify before the Judiciary Committee. All sides have an interest in a full and thorough examination of these serious charges.

Maybe we can get closer to the truth, although that is not certain. But right now there are too many unanswered question to bring the confirmation of Kavanaugh – currently a judge on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia – to a vote of the Judiciary Committee as scheduled on Friday, much less to a vote of the full Senate.

In watching the riveting testimony of Professor Christine Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh Thursday before the Judiciary Committee – in which they both stated with 100 percent certainly that they were telling the truth – I was reminded of the story of the old rabbi who gave advice to quarreling married couples.

The wife began by complaining that her husband paid no attention to her, abused her, insulted her and demeaned her. After listening to her complaints the rabbi said: “My daughter, you are right.”

Then the husband complained about his wife being a bad cook, insulting and overly critical. The rabbi said: “My son, you’re right.”

The rabbi’s student assistant turned to him and said: “But rabbi, I don’t understand. They can’t possibly both be right!”

To which the rabbi responded: “My student, you’re right too.”

Is it possible that both Ford and Kavanaugh are truthfully stating what they honestly believe, but that one of them is honestly mistaken?

Ford could be mistaken about the identification of a teenage boy she barely knew about 36 years ago, despite her statement that she is certain it was a drunken Kavanaugh who shoved her onto a bed, tried unsuccessfully to take her clothes off, and put his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming.

If Kavanaugh actually did the things Ford alleges – something he vehemently denied again Thursday – he might honestly not remember the events that Ford described, especially if he was as drunk as she says he was.

It is also possible that one of them is deliberately lying. Right now, there is no way of knowing for certain, which is why the FBI needs to talk to the judge’s accusers and others.

Realistically, it is unlikely that the Senate will proceed in the manner of a court of law, because political truth has replaced scientific truth in our highly partisan age"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/2...t-him.html

Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464886
09-28-2018 06:04 AM

RE: BREAKING: American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assaul
Republicans only listen to their God
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464467
09-28-2018 06:07 AM

RE: BREAKING: American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assault Al

Lies! Fakenes! Heman sock! Nlmsbnis
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464789
09-28-2018 06:07 AM

RE: BREAKING: American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assault Al
LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:04 AM)
Republicans only listen to their God

Mammon??

doomed
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464748
09-28-2018 06:08 AM

Nah we'll vote in the morning :)
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 423870
09-28-2018 06:08 AM

HEHEH! NOPE!
Poasemfh
LoP Guest
lop guest
09-28-2018 06:10 AM

pin RE: BREAKING: American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Until FBI investigates Assault Al
By Manu Raju, Senior Congressional Correspondent
American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations
https://www.wdsu.com/article/american-ba...s/23500354

[ ]PIN IT[/size]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464886
09-28-2018 06:10 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:08 AM)

I don’t think so

This thing is coming to a screeching halt
Loud Sneeze
Banned
User ID: 397577
09-28-2018 06:12 AM

Stalinist Soviet Civics 101:
"Show me the man and I will show you the crime"

You fukkin Stalinists never change.
Isabella
09-28-2018 06:12 AM

RE: BREAKING:
Durbin to Kavanaugh: Would you want FBI probe?

"Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL) asks Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh if he would welcome a FBI investigation into a sexual assault charge alleged by Christine Blasey Ford."

:Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin sought to press Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday to call for an FBI investigation into allegations that have rocked his confirmation process.

Durbin began his exchange with Kavanaugh at Thursday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing by noting that Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who testified earlier Thursday about her sexual assault allegation against Kavanaugh, has called for an FBI investigation.

President Donald Trump has declined to have the FBI look into the matter, and Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, the committee chairman, has said an FBI investigation would not be appropriate or definitive. At the hearing, Durbin called on Kavanaugh to demand one.

"I've got a suggestion for you: Right now, turn to your left in the front row, to Don McGahn, counsel to President Donald Trump, ask him to suspend this hearing and nomination process until the FBI completes its investigation of the charges made by Dr. Ford and others and goes to bring the witnesses forward and provides that information to this hearing," Durbin said.

Grassley interjected and said the committee was running the hearing, not the White House, and that he would not suspend the hearing regardless of what Kavanaugh said.

Durbin continued at this point to have Kavanaugh address the matter.

"If you, Judge Kavanaugh, turned to Don McGahn and to this committee and say, 'for the sake of my reputation, my family name and to get to the bottom of the truth of this, I am not going to stay being an obstacle to an FBI investigation,' I would hope that all of the members of the committee would join me in saying we're going to abide by your wishes and we will have that investigation," Durbin said.

Kavanaugh responded, "I welcome whatever the committee wants to do because I'm telling the truth."

The senator and the Supreme Court nominee then engaged in a contentious back-and-forth as Durbin continued to press Kavanaugh to call for an FBI investigation.

Kavanaugh said the FBI would not reach a conclusion if it investigated the allegations and at one point told Durbin that he was asking "a phony question."

As they continued, Kavanaugh briefly stopped responding, and Durbin prompted him again.

Kavanaugh reiterated that he had wanted a Senate hearing on the allegations against him."

http://www.wlfi.com/content/national/494551411.html

LoP Guest
lop guest
09-28-2018 06:14 AM

Loud Sneeze  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:12 AM)

Baby need a tissue? Tissue
Isabella
09-28-2018 06:15 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:07 AM)

Lies! Fakenes! Heman sock! Nlmsbnis

Sure thing, the American Bar Association and Alan Dershowiz spreading fake news.

lol

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 423870

LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:10 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:08 AM)

I don’t think so

This thing is coming to a screeching halt

This thing called Progressive Liberal Fascism.

yeah3
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464090

Loud Sneeze  Wrote: (09-28-2018 06:12 AM)

Habeas Corpus?

Scream1
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication