News
news The Mystery of the Belmez Faces
news NASA to test ‘space lasers’ with latest launch
news Satellite Images Of Strange Lost City in the South Pacific
news Do Aliens Come From Under the Oceans?
news Bizarre Paranormal Mysteries of World War I
news Human brains and bodies could be hacked to create life in hostile environments
news Nuke fallout alert as Russian radioactive leak sweeps across Europe
news Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth
news Government Files and the Abominable Snowman
news Mind-Controlled Drone Swarms Could Soon Put More Eyes in the Sky
news How America’s National Parks Became Hotbeds of Paranormal Activity

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Philadelphia cancels Cinco de Mayo parade over deportation fears
titanic1
User ID: 411409
03-20-2017 11:24 PM

Philadelphia cancels Cinco de Mayo parade over deportation fears
Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHK8O8LL7vA

El Carnaval de Puebla, a major Cinco De Mayo celebration in Philadelphia, has been canceled following recent federal immigration crackdowns, organizers said.

Edgar Ramirez told a local NBC affiliate that as many as 15,000 people gather for the annual parade through South Philadelphia, marking the city’s largest Cinco de Mayo celebration.

Ramirez told NBC the decision was “sad but responsible” amid reports of more immigration enforcement arrests on the part of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Is it just me or does this sound a bit like an admission that things really weren’t on the up and up in Philadelphia? This was supposed to be a festival and a time for people to celebrate their heritage, get out in the streets with their neighbors and have a good time. The last time I checked, parades and festivals were not supposed to be designated areas for harboring criminals. Who exactly are these Cinco de Mayo festivities supposed to be honoring?

The only reason you might have for canceling the parade is if you believe that there were going to be illegal aliens either involved in the March or watching from the sidelines. But even then, if they are in fact breaking the law, wouldn’t you want to support the enforcement of your country’s rules? Conversely, everyone who is in the country legally (whether that be citizens, green card holders or visa recipients) have nothing to worry about. Nobody’s talking about deporting immigrants. They are only after illegal aliens.

ICE is still so overwhelmed that most of these fears are likely overblown. We recently read about other reactions along these lines including people canceling their SNAP benefits. We’ve also received credible reports that some illegals are in such a panic they are voluntarily fleeing the country and heading north to Canada. (Self-deportation, anyone?) The real irony here is that, at least thus far, immigration enforcement isn’t doing anything remarkably different from what went on during the Obama administration.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/19/ph...ion-fears/

Philadelphia's Latin American community is in no mood to party due to fear of an immigration crackdown.

Normally an event called El Carnaval de Puebla is held in the city in the spring.

It's a commemoration of Mexico's victory against France in the Battle of Puebla, which is also the inspiration behind Cinco de Mayo.

But this year the event has been canceled.

Organizer Edgar Ramirez told NBC 10 that in light of recent stepped-up Immigrations and Customs Enforcement actions against illegal immigrants, there were concerns that Carnaval participants would be in danger of deportation.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/03.../21903253/
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 11:34 PM by titanic1.)

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 397176
03-20-2017 11:47 PM

RE: Philadelphia cancels Cinco de Mayo parade over deportation fears
They better.
Loud Sneeze
User ID: 411414
03-21-2017 12:10 AM

We'll just substitute Russian May Day festivities in its place then, and have an American-Russian holiday instead. Sounds good to me. Sounds fun.
Rather celebrate with my russian brothers and sisters anyway during the month of May if Mexicans are going to be petulant about all this. If so, they can f*#k off.

Vodka insted of tequila. Um....okay!

Besides. Not like I suddenly forgot how to make my own tequilas when I want one.

Hope I just triggered some russian hating racists with my two cents on that.
Uppity Me
User ID: 397631
03-21-2017 12:33 AM

that's sad really
lay off the Mexican-Americans, never mind how they got here, they're here now

Quote:Les pauvres n'ont-ils des Euros ?
Alors laissez les pauvres 'sh*t' dans les rues
Loud Sneeze
User ID: 411414
03-21-2017 02:34 AM

Uppity Me  Wrote: (03-21-2017 12:33 AM)
that's sad really
lay off the Mexican-Americans, never mind how they got here, they're here now

Yes petulance and misplaced vindictiveness is always sad.

No sweat. We have Russian May Day we can celebrate instead around the same time. A very nice replacement indeed. A day to celebrate Russian culture, Russian food and drink, and the contribution of Russians to this American life.
The ghost of capn´crunch
User ID: 409708
03-21-2017 02:44 AM

deal with it,

and because i am hard you will not like me, but the harder i am the more you will learn!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 411097
03-21-2017 03:03 AM

Mexdelphia!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 407543
03-21-2017 03:06 AM

It will be celebrated anyway, so an official announcement doesn't mean a hill of beans to Mexicans.

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication