News
news UFO over North Korea?
news These odd, creepy stories will convince you this old castle in England is haunted
news Journey to the Akashic Records
news The Risks of Digital DNA
news The Gulf Breeze UFO Wave - 30 Years Later
news Television's Most Infamous Hack Is Still a Mystery 30 Years Later
news Russian citizens share photos of the weirdest things they have spotted in public
news The ‘Hallucination Machine’ Alters Consciousness in the Name of Science
news US airman takes lie detector test to 'prove he saw UFO land near RAF base 37 years ago'
news Owls In Spielberg's 'Close Encounters'
news The People Who Are Tripping Forever

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Facebook apologizes for sponsored pro-Islamophobia ad
Fut004
User ID: 396088
04-21-2017 02:41 PM

wall Facebook apologizes for sponsored pro-Islamophobia ad
Advertisement
Citynews.ca | Facebook apologizes for sponsored pro-Islamophobia ad
http://www.citynews.ca/2017/04/20/facebo...phobia-ad/

Quote:Facebook is apologizing after an ad celebrating Islamophobia slipped through its censors and was posted across the world’s biggest social media site.

The sponsored ad promoted an event encouraging people to celebrate “Islamophobia Day” on April 23 — one month after an anti-Islamophobia motion was passed in the Canada’s House of Commons.

“We want our message to be clear: If Islamophobia means we can’t criticize Islam as a belief system, then we want to show that we can and will,” the ad reads.

“We do not want to foster a hatred against Muslim Canadians; what we want to do is preserve a culture of Freedom of Expression, even when it is used to criticize the Islamic faith.”

Facebook user David John Mason said the sponsored ad popped up in his feed.

“When I opened Facebook it was right there, front and centre, spreading all of its hateful language and messages,” he explained.

[Image: jgl74z.jpg]

Where in the Facebook ad thingy, that David John Mason is referring to, was there hateful language or messages? The closest is I can find is "criticize".
Actually, they don't even criticize in the message, they simply state that the believe they should be allowed to criticize.

What a joke. S977
Criticism, so hateful.
Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 415094
04-21-2017 03:05 PM

RE: Facebook apologizes for sponsored pro-Islamophobia ad
I am so sick of these moronic apologists having to prove they aren't really racist by defending the most misogynistic and racist religion on the planet.

f*#k YOU DAVID MASON YOU CUCK!!!!!

Your wife's knickers are cutting off the oxygen to your brain.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 414794
04-21-2017 03:09 PM

Fixed it.

Quote:Facebook is apologizing after an ad celebrating Anglophobia slipped through its censors and was posted across the world’s biggest social media site.

The sponsored ad promoted an event encouraging people to celebrate “Anglophobia Day” on April 23 — .

“We want our message to be clear: If Anglophobia means we can’t criticize the British stiff upper lip as a belief system, then we want to show that we can and will,” the ad reads.

“We do not want to foster a hatred against Britons; what we want to do is preserve a culture of Freedom of Expression, even when it is used to criticize the British way of life.”

Does this still read as " hateful language and messages,”?

Go ahead, criticise the British. We are secure enough in our belief to take it.

Change the wording to Irish, Scottish, Gingers, disabled, French, Australian, methodists, christians.

The ONLY wording you can't change it to is Islam related. Isn't that wrong?
Fut004
04-21-2017 03:24 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-21-2017 03:05 PM)
I am so sick of these moronic apologists having to prove they aren't really racist by defending the most misogynistic and racist religion on the planet.

f*#k YOU DAVID MASON YOU CUCK!!!!!

Your wife's knickers are cutting off the oxygen to your brain.

A little bit aggressive but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's fed up with this stuff. Think the worst part is that this is really just the beginning...

Thanks for responding.

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-21-2017 03:09 PM)
Fixed it.

Quote:Facebook is apologizing after an ad celebrating Anglophobia slipped through its censors and was posted across the world’s biggest social media site.

The sponsored ad promoted an event encouraging people to celebrate “Anglophobia Day” on April 23 — .

“We want our message to be clear: If Anglophobia means we can’t criticize the British stiff upper lip as a belief system, then we want to show that we can and will,” the ad reads.

“We do not want to foster a hatred against Britons; what we want to do is preserve a culture of Freedom of Expression, even when it is used to criticize the British way of life.”

Does this still read as " hateful language and messages,”?

Go ahead, criticise the British. We are secure enough in our belief to take it.

Change the wording to Irish, Scottish, Gingers, disabled, French, Australian, methodists, christians.

The ONLY wording you can't change it to is Islam related. Isn't that wrong?

Absolutely! That's one of the points I'm trying to get across to people. It's completely wrong that it seems like you can't say anything about Islam unless it's sucking Islam's cock. Makes it near impossible to get into discussion of the core tenets of the doctrine.

But go ahead, and make fun of any other group of people on the planet and all is fine. Well, I guess besides Blacks. Racism calls come pretty quick when you go down that route.

Thanks for responding.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 415531
04-21-2017 04:11 PM

chuckle
Yeah..a real heartfelt appology. Can you feel the sincerity?
Fut004
04-21-2017 04:31 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-21-2017 04:11 PM)
chuckle

Heartfelt or not, the crybabies got their way yet again.
Facebook shouldn't have apologised at all, they did nothing wrong (I'm not normall one to defend Facebook, but here we are... what a world). Also, whoever came up with the original I-Phobia Day thing has nothing to apologize about, they also did nothing wrong.

Quote:After CityNews contacted Facebook about the post, the ad was removed.

“We’re very sorry about this mistake,” a Facebook spokesperson said in email to CityNews. “This ad violated our ad policies and was removed as soon as we were able to investigate. Our team reviews millions of advertisements each week, and we sometimes make mistakes.”

Facebook, bending over and taking it up the ass by the mighty and glorious prophet Muhammad.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 415451
04-21-2017 04:33 PM

f*#k ALL religions.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 415531
04-21-2017 04:33 PM

Fut004  Wrote: (04-21-2017 04:31 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-21-2017 04:11 PM)
chuckle

Heartfelt or not, the crybabies got their way yet again.
Facebook shouldn't have apologised at all, they did nothing wrong (I'm not normall one to defend Facebook, but here we are... what a world). Also, whoever came up with the original I-Phobia Day thing has nothing to apologize about, they also did nothing wrong.

Quote:After CityNews contacted Facebook about the post, the ad was removed.

“We’re very sorry about this mistake,” a Facebook spokesperson said in email to CityNews. “This ad violated our ad policies and was removed as soon as we were able to investigate. Our team reviews millions of advertisements each week, and we sometimes make mistakes.”

Facebook, bending over and taking it up the ass by the mighty and glorious prophet Muhammad.

You are right, face book shouldn't have to apologize, just like other social sights shouldn't be called antisemite or apologize for insulting the jewish faiths.
Fut004
04-21-2017 04:41 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (04-21-2017 04:33 PM)
You are right, face book shouldn't have to apologize, just like other social sights shouldn't be called antisemite or apologize for insulting the jewish faiths.

Nice pivot there...
Can you point out exactly where, in this specific case, the insult to Islam is?

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication