Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average

Abandoned Daisy Town, Tennessee
TheInvisibleRedneck
User ID: 412229
05-19-2017 07:07 PM

beermug Abandoned Daisy Town, Tennessee
Advertisement

Daisy Town is located between Gatlinburg and Townsend, Tennessee. It was built in 1909 by some of the regions most elite residents. The membership to the town's Appalachian Club was so exclusive that several businessmen from Knoxville, who were denied membership, bought land in the area and made their own resort getaway. A section of this place was (and still is) known as Millionaire's Row.

The area Daisy Town and the Appalachian Club is located in is more commonly known as Elkmont and has a really cool history too.

I don't live very far from this place, about 17 miles, and I thought some of you guys and gals would like to see what it looks like now. If you have any questions or if you've been there let me know. It would be cool to hear your stories.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 07:09 PM by TheInvisibleRedneck.) Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 396931
05-19-2017 07:22 PM

RE: Abandoned Daisy Town, Tennessee
"has a really cool history too."

Why'd in become abandoned? Was it something to do with inability to know if a resident was going to end up procreating in an incest relationship because to much wife swapping?
Quote this message in a reply
BugOutGirl
Mrs. ♕
User ID: 418502
05-19-2017 07:26 PM

Yet another place near home for me to check out. I'll have a look at the video in a bit. Thanks for sharing...

BOG

http://biasedpropaganda.com
http://www.johnrkingiv.com
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 07:29 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 07:22 PM)

Why'd in become abandoned? Was it something to do with inability to know if a resident was going to end up procreating in an incest relationship because to much wife swapping?

Haha, not quite.

It's pretty ironic what happened to the place. The members of the Appalachian Club were really rich and influential. They pushed for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. These same people are the ones who forced the residents from another community a few miles away, known as Cades Cove, based on the new National Park.

The irony is that the same National Parks Commission they helped bring to the area and used to ostracize members of nearby communities is the same commission that eventually forced them from the Appalachian Club and Elkmont. They were given 20 year renewable leases from the park, but the park eventually refused to honor them.
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 07:31 PM

BugOutGirl  Wrote: (05-19-2017 07:26 PM)
Yet another place near home for me to check out. I'll have a look at the video in a bit. Thanks for sharing...

It's a great time of year to go. There are not many tourists in the mountains yet and the weather isn't too hot. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I do like to go when it's really hot though, it's always nice jumping in the Wye or "Y" River on the way home.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 375264
05-19-2017 07:42 PM

free housing!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 412129
05-19-2017 07:48 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 07:22 PM)

Oh look

a bigoted piece of sh*t.

isnt that cute.
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 07:48 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 07:42 PM)
free housing!

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a few that have tried.

There used to be a place there called "The Wonderland Hotel", but most of it fell after a structural failure. There was a section left and something strange happened there recently.

They say they are still investigating it, but I think what you said may be close to what happened.

The remaining section had a huge, mysterious fire that completely destroyed it, but there were no signs of a cause. I'd bet it was someone trying to live or camp there and somehow burned it down while trying to start a fire to stay warm. . . that or someone was having a party and they got drunk and burned it down on accident. It just seems like a party would leave some evidence of people being there.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 418607
05-19-2017 08:06 PM

It's called elkmont, not daisy town. No. No one has tried living there except for camping. The building are near falling down. It's not hidden, lost, or discovered. Everyone around here knows about it.
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 08:31 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 08:06 PM)
It's called elkmont, not daisy town. No. No one has tried living there except for camping. The building are near falling down. It's not hidden, lost, or discovered. Everyone around here knows about it.

The area is called Elkmont. There is a campground and several other places in the Elkmont area, including Millionaire's Row, Daisy Town, and the Wonderland Club area.

What is in the video is Daisy Town and the Appalachian Club area. It has been named Daisy Town since 1910. If you look at the signage in the video, you can even see a description labeled as Daisy Town.

I'm not certain how you know, but personally, I can't be sure that no one has tried to stay there. I'm sure no one has tried living there or staying for more than a night or maybe 2 - in a homeless or vagrant capacity. Then again, it would be extremely hard to sneak past the park rangers or the tourists who may be in the area.

You're right, it's not hidden, lost, or recently discovered, but it is a ghost town. I laughed when I heard about the person claiming to stumble upon it while hiking in a remote section of the park. Anyone can get there easily if you have the time. You can even see the parking lot in some of the video shots.
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 08:37 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 08:35 PM)
Stupid thread

Why post in it?
lil bird
User ID: 378229
05-19-2017 09:45 PM

can we buy it and start a lunatic commune?
lil bird
User ID: 378229
05-19-2017 09:45 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 08:35 PM)
Stupid thread

try running with scissors.
TheInvisibleRedneck
05-19-2017 09:57 PM

lil bird  Wrote: (05-19-2017 09:45 PM)
can we buy it and start a lunatic commune?

Haha, we could probably come up with something. I'd just be worried that the FBI would label it a cult. The next Ruby Ridge?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 152687
05-19-2017 10:09 PM

Thanks, OP. I loved taking that tour. It made we want to live there, out with nature and the birds and water sounds. Absolutely loved it!
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication