News
news Nano-Hologram Technology Will Bring 3D Images to Phones, Tablets, and TVs
news UFO hunters spot 'flying disc' near International Space Station
news Mysterious Russian 'killer satellites' spring back to life
news 'Alien megastructure' star is dimming again
news China claims breakthrough in mining 'flammable ice'
news Leaked NSA malware is helping hijack computers around the world
news The London startup hoping to 'build the Matrix'
news Did the biblical Tower of Babel really exist?
news Eeerily Similar 'Crashed UFO' Events 11 Years Apart
news Terrifying 20m-tall rogue waves are actually real
news Hyperloop Highway Would Travel to India In Three Hours

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Much Rent Do You Pay?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 418719
05-19-2017 08:38 PM

How Much Rent Do You Pay?
Advertisement
Published on Feb 28, 2015
HOUSECRASH a new documentary coming soon looking at the housing crisis in London. Made by film maker Nadira Amrani @nadiraamrani

How much rent do you pay per week in London?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4uWa1C7LU
Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 416656
05-19-2017 08:42 PM

RE: How Much Rent Do You Pay?
Im near heathrow n pay about £980 per month for a 2 bed flat ?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 408266
05-19-2017 09:19 PM

Santa Cruz mtns. in CA, $1150 for a nice studio above a garage. Cheap, but I still can't afford it...eatin' up my retirement savings.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 396841
05-19-2017 09:24 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (05-19-2017 09:19 PM)
Santa Cruz mtns. in CA, $1150 for a nice studio above a garage. Cheap, but I still can't afford it...eatin' up my retirement savings.

In NE Ohio you can get a large 3 bedroom apartment for that......
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 418751
05-19-2017 09:42 PM

I was paying $2000 for rent and $150 for parking when I lived in the city. When i retired and decided to do more travel, it didn't make sense to pay rent when I might not be there half the time. So I then bought a house in the burbs and moved everything there. Sucks not living in the city, I love the city life. And I hate mowing and yard work, but I can hire someone for that. And I was only paying rent downtown because there was nothing for sale on the block I wanted to live on. I would have bought that apartment if i could have and i would have paid a lot for it. I loved it there. I would have even paid twice the rent to stay there. Anyhow .. now I'm retired and I expect to be spending money on RV camping sites now too.

The house I recently bought last year I simply consider as a tangible asset investment and a free place to live and store my stuff -- assuming the property value increases enough to offset taxes and insurance. I have another property with a huge warehouse/garage on it that I bought to store my RV when I lived in the city and use as my man cave club house work shop. It's increasing enough in value every year to pay the non-homsted taxes and insurance on itself. When I decide to sell it, it will be as if I got to use it for free. Same with the house.

If inflation keeps up with property taxes and insurance costs, you can live in a house for free. Of course you have to pay cash for it, but thats how people should be living anyhow. Never borrow money unless it's a fire emergency (i.e. you got to bury someone and you don't have the cash for a coffin). I was only paying rent because I wanted to live downtown where nothing was available for sale. There was a condo for sale at $450k, I offered $420k which I knew it was actually worth. He turned it down, someone else bought it and then resold it 2 years later for $650k which just stunned me .. obviously someone else liked this area a LOT too, lol. In hindsight, I really should have bought that at $450k. I kick myself now, lol.

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication