News
news This Secret Catholic Exorcist Cult in Brazil Is Making a Deal With the Devil
news Roswell conspiracy theory: Expert claims UFO crash did happen
news A second sun dubbed 'Nemesis' once inhabited the Solar System, say scientists.
news China in quantum breakthrough
news Italian soil yields a new antibiotic that can fight drug-resistant bacteria
news More than 460 earthquakes recorded so far in Yellowstone Park swarm
news Jupiter Now Has 69 Moons
news The Very Weird Vanishing and Death of Don Kemp
news The Human Brain Can Create Structures in Up to 11 Dimensions
news A New Bermuda Triangle Opens Off the Coast of China
news 'Liquid light' can bend around objects

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average

More Scary Technology
pooky
User ID: 375879
06-18-2017 05:44 PM

shocked1 More Scary Technology
Advertisement
Forget Police Sketches: Researchers Perfectly Reconstruct Faces by Reading Brainwaves

Picture this: you’re sitting in a police interrogation room, struggling to describe the face of a criminal to a sketch artist. You pause, wrinkling your brow, trying to remember the distance between his eyes and the shape of his nose.

Suddenly, the detective offers you an easier way: would you like to have your brain scanned instead, so that machines can automatically reconstruct the face in your mind's eye from reading your brain waves?

Sound fantastical? It’s not. After decades of work, scientists at Caltech may have finally cracked our brain’s facial recognition code. Using brain scans and direct neuron recording from macaque monkeys, the team found specialized “face patches” that respond to specific combinations of facial features.

Like dials on a music mixer, each patch is fine-tuned to a particular set of visual information, which then channel together in different combinations to form a holistic representation of every distinctive face.

The values of each dial were so predictable that scientists were able to recreate a face the monkey saw simply by recording the electrical activity of roughly 200 brain cells. When placed together, the reconstruction and the actual photo were nearly indistinguishable.

Where are we heading with this stuff? Will we lose complete privacy of our thoughts in the future?

A new form of interrogating? Scan people's minds for information? Retrieve memories and read people's thoughts?

Hey Wonka! I want off this ride!!

[Image: ooooooh.gif]
Quote this message in a reply

Sarah
User ID: 257528
06-18-2017 05:54 PM

RE: More Scary Technology
I'm so glad I'm on the home stretch because I don't want to live in a world where this sort of thing is possible.

Scream1
I-Is-51:50
User ID: 416495
06-18-2017 05:56 PM

No link, you stink!

Just kidding.

You smell like roses.

Heartflowers

http://dreamsofluke.bravehost.com/military/index.html

"I'm in this for Souls; not opinions." - Luke
pooky
06-18-2017 05:57 PM

I-Is-51:50  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:56 PM)
No link, you stink!

Just kidding.

You smell like roses.

Heartflowers

My bad. Heartflowers

https://singularityhub.com/2017/06/14/fo...rainwaves/
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 421603
06-18-2017 05:59 PM

pooky  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:44 PM)
Where are we heading with this stuff? Will we lose complete privacy of our thoughts in the future?

Utopia, that's where your headed. No more evil people with evil thoughts. No more liar liars -- ha ha, career politicians, your days are numbered.

Big Brother can actually become a reality with this kind of technology. You'll of course you'll want to accept the BORG implant, because you'll need it so that you can get paid at your joooob and buy food.

Everyone will only think happy thoughts with such a device monitoring their every thought. Think of it as an obedience collar. No more fighting, no more wars. No more cheating spouses, no more lying children.

This is going to be so awesome. Everyone will have a smile on their faces, everyone thinking only happy thoughts. Combine this with PC newspeak censorship and wow, bliss and harmony everywhere.

Lmao
I-Is-51:50
User ID: 416495
06-18-2017 05:59 PM

pooky  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:57 PM)
I-Is-51:50  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:56 PM)
No link, you stink!

Just kidding.

You smell like roses.

Heartflowers

My bad. Heartflowers

https://singularityhub.com/2017/06/14/fo...rainwaves/

Hugs

http://dreamsofluke.bravehost.com/military/index.html

"I'm in this for Souls; not opinions." - Luke
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 398496
06-18-2017 06:00 PM

You are a wonder woman, just use your golden lasso i will tell you the truth, i confess, now punish me, chuckle

Geeks just want to fondle a chicks..................... brain, LmaoLmaoLmao
pooky
06-18-2017 06:02 PM

Sarah  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:54 PM)
I'm so glad I'm on the home stretch because I don't want to live in a world where this sort of thing is possible.

Scream1

Jhikpghf Yeah, I hope I've done checked off this ball before this kind of stuff becomes part of everyday normal life.
CPL
Caution: Hipwaders required
User ID: 153181
06-18-2017 06:03 PM

Forget Police Sketches: Researchers Perfectly Reconstruct Faces by Reading Brainwaves

Picture this: you’re sitting in a police interrogation room, struggling to describe the face of a criminal to a sketch artist. You pause, wrinkling your brow, trying to remember the distance between his eyes and the shape of his nose.

Suddenly, the detective offers you an easier way: would you like to have your brain scanned instead, so that machines can automatically reconstruct the face in your mind's eye from reading your brain waves?

Sound fantastical? It’s not. After decades of work, scientists at Caltech may have finally cracked our brain’s facial recognition code. Using brain scans and direct neuron recording from macaque monkeys, the team found specialized “face patches” that respond to specific combinations of facial features.

Like dials on a music mixer, each patch is fine-tuned to a particular set of visual information, which then channel together in different combinations to form a holistic representation of every distinctive face.

The values of each dial were so predictable that scientists were able to recreate a face the monkey saw simply by recording the electrical activity of roughly 200 brain cells. When placed together, the reconstruction and the actual photo were nearly indistinguishable.

A new form of interrogating? Scan people's minds for information? Retrieve memories and read people's thoughts?

Hey Wonka! I want off this ride!!

[Image: ooooooh.gif]

That's a weird way of saying Facebook.

[Image: 2lcoevr.png] BTC: 1JdRM74wtrBDZbu8n2aUPP3bLrCtEFFuM8

[Image: 2gy53sw.jpg] LTC: LgeE3yqbcuLkhqJGxPnqddM6Gvq9gtvuB3
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 421603
06-18-2017 06:05 PM

Sarah  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:54 PM)

Scream1

Whoa, what kind of crap are you trying to hide?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 397519
06-18-2017 06:06 PM

Wow, criminalizing being a witness see a crime, get your brain scanned.
PopEye
The Sailor Man
User ID: 335197
06-18-2017 06:07 PM

Here are some examples of this, and it's pretty accurate... see the predicted faces compared to the actual faces below:

[Image: facial%20image%20for%20production.jpg]

I Yam what I Yam!
-
[Image: rVy21y4.gif]
-
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 397519
06-18-2017 06:07 PM

It seems like the advancements we are getting for the human race are advancing the criminals abilities to steal, rob, rape, murder and destroy.
pooky
06-18-2017 06:08 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-18-2017 05:59 PM)

Utopia, that's where your headed. No more evil people with evil thoughts. No more liar liars -- ha ha, career politicians, your days are numbered.

Big Brother can actually become a reality with this kind of technology. You'll of course you'll want to accept the BORG implant, because you'll need it so that you can get paid at your joooob and buy food.

Everyone will only think happy thoughts with such a device monitoring their every thought. Think of it as an obedience collar. No more fighting, no more wars. No more cheating spouses, no more lying children.

This is going to be so awesome. Everyone will have a smile on their faces, everyone thinking only happy thoughts. Combine this with PC newspeak censorship and wow, bliss and harmony everywhere.

Lmao

Scream1Tissue
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 421308
06-18-2017 06:08 PM

I would imagine in my head "Hillary Clinton"
Jhikpghf
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication