News
news 'Angel particle’ which is both matter and anti-matter discovered in quantum physics breakthrough
news Mysterious Neolithic Carvings Only Appear in Moonlight
news Elon Musk Calls for Moon Base
news Ravens can plan for future as well as 4-year-old children can
news Weird UFO Phone Calls
news AI Is Inventing Unreadable Languages
news ‘UFOs hiding the rings of Saturn’ Former Nasa chief blows cover
news Mystery surrounds black 'smoke vortex' UFOs
news How Scientists Stored a Movie Inside DNA
news 'Fusion power on grid by 2030', says scientist
news Researchers create a 'battery-free' mobile phone

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Love watching the night sky
zyx
User ID: 424600
07-17-2017 01:02 AM

Love watching the night sky
Advertisement
seing more stars now as im quite far away from any light pollution and it might be the season aswell.

love going outside to see if i find any familiar star signs ( i read a lot of greek mythology as a kid, so i know some of them, though no expert)

saw some strange sh*t again when i was just outside taking a smoke, not the first time by far for me either, was trying to see how many stars was visible for me while smoking so i was looking up the whole time turning around.

then i saw what looked like a star star moving, and i thought it might be a plane or whatever(as it was moving in a straight line) no idea how far away it was.

then it gave of something of a "camera" flash doubling or tripling in size while moving before moving some more and vanishing ( no clouds i can see at all where i am)

was watching the star sign cassiopeia( sp) when i noticed the light moving past underneath it from where i was.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 01:03 AM by zyx.) Quote this message in a reply

lunylunatic
User ID: 309498
07-17-2017 01:07 AM

RE: Love watching the night sky
For some reason I hate Orion. I want to hunt that hunter. Maybe someday I will catch it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(constellation)

Truth is what happens when you can make sense of the senseless

My abusers say that sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

I may not be born tomorrow, but I wasn't born yesterday
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 01:07 AM by lunylunatic.) Quote this message in a reply
zyx
07-17-2017 01:12 AM

my memory is vague about orion i always liked the star sign

orion was just horny for some 7 nymph sisters who did not want his attention.

the sisters which where turned into the pleiades or whatever by the gods so they could get away.

never knew before close to 1 year ish ago or so that some or several native american tribes had a similar story with 7 sisters who where turned into the pleiades cluster of stars to save them from a angry bear or something.

natives and ancient greeks both seing the pleiades star cluster as seven sister was kinda wierd to me

orion in a sense afaik still chases the pleiades across the night sky chuckle

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 01:19 AM by zyx.) Quote this message in a reply
IWSTEEL
Love Each Other or Perish
User ID: 397455
07-17-2017 01:42 AM

hope you can watch tonight and maybe see the n lights.

Well i just dont know what to tell ya

i guess yer just gonna have to trust

i be leave... you be stay #2teams1way
Quote this message in a reply
zyx
07-17-2017 01:48 AM

IWSTEEL  Wrote: (07-17-2017 01:42 AM)

no idea when they are supposed to show up though ,im in norway and its close to 2am

have stayed up due to warnings about it before but allways been f**ked by being in the city and overcast skies where i was.

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 424626
07-17-2017 01:51 AM

"KEEP WATCHING THE SKIES!"

I'm glad some people are still down for that...
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 424591
07-17-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:Love watching the night sky

Why? It's just a freak'n holodeck ceiling with a lame screen saver always running on it.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 409341
07-17-2017 02:00 AM

Staring at the night sky is looking into infinity. It is right there in front of your eyes. Awesome to behold.
Mairin
User ID: 384988
07-17-2017 02:23 AM

zyx  Wrote: (07-17-2017 01:48 AM)

no idea when they are supposed to show up though ,im in norway and its close to 2am

have stayed up due to warnings about it before but allways been f**ked by being in the city and overcast skies where i was.

I think if they were going to show, wee morning hours would be the best.
I would imagine that during the summer months it would be hard to see them in Norway. Even though they are there, because of the midnight sun effect of the polar regions in summertime.

maybe

http://www.solarham.net/oval.htm

1dunno1

Orion was a legendary, very beautiful giant that made Apollo jealous, so he tricked his sister Artemis into killing him.
zyx
07-17-2017 02:30 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-17-2017 01:54 AM)
Quote:Love watching the night sky

Why? It's just a freak'n holodeck ceiling with a lame screen saver always running on it.

each to our own.

back when i smooked weed i was smoking some and stargazing having a good high thinking f*#k this sh*t is wast( wich is my opinon)
thinking how small i was compared to the wastness of the cosmos gazing at stars and feeling it all f*cking fit togheter and i was happy.
despite feeling so small i also felt big in a sense. maybe i was high as f*#k thoughchuckle it made sense to me back then like some light ignited in my brain i was happy i was content and felt it was awsome.i felt i fit in liek some peice of a jiggsaw puzzle just like everything else or whatever

ps this was before i saw the cosmos sh*t with carl sagan and some other guy in the new version wich i cant recall now zooming out from earth calling it the pale blue dot.

some years later life kicked me in the gonads and i have had some sh*t to deal with the last 7 years

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 02:31 AM by zyx.) Quote this message in a reply
zyx
07-17-2017 02:35 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-17-2017 02:00 AM)
Staring at the night sky is looking into infinity. It is right there in front of your eyes. Awesome to behold.

its quite awsome yeah,with my view of the cosmos its quite humbling aswell

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

IWSTEEL
Love Each Other or Perish
User ID: 397455
07-17-2017 02:36 AM

last i looked the red zone was just south of icelands western border. and decreasing slightly. its already past you a little.

Well i just dont know what to tell ya

i guess yer just gonna have to trust

i be leave... you be stay #2teams1way
zyx
07-17-2017 02:43 AM

Mairin  Wrote: (07-17-2017 02:23 AM)

I would imagine that during the summer months it would be hard to see them in Norway. Even though they are there, because of the midnight sun effect of the polar regions in summertime.

maybe

1dunno1

Orion was a legendary, very beautiful giant that made Apollo jealous, so he tricked his sister Artemis into killing him.

fun to see im not the only one who enjoyed greek myths.

probably going to stay up to 4am or something where i am.
but its probably going to by light by then.

shared a bottle of scotch with my brother 3 weeks ago(whole night talking thing wich happens rarely) when we where here i am by the coast previously,its darker now for the time it is in the night than then but its not that dark, or maybe i got major nightvision eyeschuckle

it might just be me but i recall nights as a kid where i could even see mars with the naked eye and more stars and starsigns back then during winter.
as i said im no expert at this so it might be its just due to the season.
maybe we stayed into late august aswell where i could probably see more stars here by the sea.

i am a amateur at stars and all this sh*t but i do find it interesting

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 02:45 AM by zyx.) Quote this message in a reply
Mairin
User ID: 384988
07-17-2017 03:09 AM

zyx  Wrote: (07-17-2017 02:43 AM)
Mairin  Wrote: (07-17-2017 02:23 AM)

maybe

1dunno1

fun to see im not the only one who enjoyed greek myths.

probably going to stay up to 4am or something where i am.
but its probably going to by light by then.

shared a bottle of scotch with my brother 3 weeks ago(whole night talking thing wich happens rarely) when we where here i am by the coast previously,its darker now for the time it is in the night than then but its not that dark, or maybe i got major nightvision eyeschuckle

it might just be me but i recall nights as a kid where i could even see mars with the naked eye and more stars and starsigns back then during winter.
as i said im no expert at this so it might be its just due to the season.
maybe we stayed into late august aswell where i could probably see more stars here by the sea.

i am a amateur at stars and all this sh*t but i do find it interesting

I especially like the mythological connections to the stars

I'm no expert either, I'm a novice at best

Betelgeuse, the giant that rises in the Autumn sky, while Antares, the giant star of the Scorpion (connected to the Orion myth) sets.

Betelgeuse also the star expected to explode sooner rather than later

turning night into day and looking like there are two suns in the sky

interesting paths that just viewing the stars leads down :)
czygyny
Kletos, Eklektos & Pistos
User ID: 405880
07-17-2017 03:46 AM

The 'stars' that are brightening and fading are most likely satellites. Many of them have solar arrays that will catch the sun (and sometimes moonlight) at certain angles, sometimes brilliantly.

Check out this website. Heavens Above. Put in your coordinates and see just how many satellites fly over your head every night. You'll be amazed!

I like looking for the 'tumblers', bits of space junk that flash intermittently. They are difficult to find because they don't show up on the list, and their erratic blinking makes it hard to follow, but they are my favorites to search out.

Of course the all time favorite is the ISS. It is the third brightest light in the night sky when it is in the right spot. It moves very fast across the sky and stays visible over most of its flyover unlike the other satellites that brighten at zenith and then quickly dim.

Let Adversity Bring Out the Best in You.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication