News
news The Mystery of the Belmez Faces
news NASA to test ‘space lasers’ with latest launch
news Satellite Images Of Strange Lost City in the South Pacific
news Do Aliens Come From Under the Oceans?
news Bizarre Paranormal Mysteries of World War I
news Human brains and bodies could be hacked to create life in hostile environments
news Nuke fallout alert as Russian radioactive leak sweeps across Europe
news Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth
news Government Files and the Abominable Snowman
news Mind-Controlled Drone Swarms Could Soon Put More Eyes in the Sky
news How America’s National Parks Became Hotbeds of Paranormal Activity

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Equifax hack, my kids future, what to do and NOT to do
BulletProofBeefCake
MOLON LABE BITCHES!
User ID: 418400
09-12-2017 07:10 PM

wall Equifax hack, my kids future, what to do and NOT to do
Advertisement
I just realized my kids data is likely stolen, and ill find out later if it was. They might turn eighteen and find out they are in debt half a million bucks and owe the .gov that much in back taxes!

Both myself and my wife are both victims. Makes my blood boil, as this is something we have to deal with for life now, like an STD. Once your personal info is stolen, there nothing you can do. Other people can become YOU at will.

File taxes under you name, use your DL number, open lines of credit in your name, the list goes on!

To check if you are a victim, and likely you ARE, go to the equifax webisite.

Click on the prompt to check and see, enter your last name and last 6 of your SSN...but thats IT. once you find out, DONT do the next step and sign up for their 'credit monitoring' ....first off, why in the actual F*** would you TRUST them to monitor your credit after this?

Second and most important, if you sign up, you essentially opt OUT of being able to join a class action suit against them, and depending on state, the award could be up to $25,000 per person!

Hope this helps.

[Image: cooltext243545781999183_zpsxrux2xve.png]
Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 406992
09-12-2017 07:25 PM

RE: Equifax hack, my kids future, what to do and NOT to do
has anyone come up with a mirror site that has the info but is not eqifax?

not only that I would say that their website and instructins are illegal, prompting more lawsuits...

the f people over, then get shady and unclear when looking at their site to see if you got hacked....

mo money mo
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 265430
09-12-2017 07:35 PM

BulletProofBeefCake  Wrote: (09-12-2017 07:10 PM)
I just realized my kids data is likely stolen, and ill find out later if it was. They might turn eighteen and find out they are in debt half a million bucks and owe the .gov that much in back taxes!

Both myself and my wife are both victims. Makes my blood boil, as this is something we have to deal with for life now, like an STD. Once your personal info is stolen, there nothing you can do. Other people can become YOU at will.

File taxes under you name, use your DL number, open lines of credit in your name, the list goes on!

To check if you are a victim, and likely you ARE, go to the equifax webisite.

Click on the prompt to check and see, enter your last name and last 6 of your SSN...but thats IT. once you find out, DONT do the next step and sign up for their 'credit monitoring' ....first off, why in the actual F*** would you TRUST them to monitor your credit after this?

Second and most important, if you sign up, you essentially opt OUT of being able to join a class action suit against them, and depending on state, the award could be up to $25,000 per person!

Hope this helps.

Invest in bit coinchuckle
I won't reported will sue
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 417558
09-12-2017 07:36 PM

I put in my info and got this..doomed

link to image: http://oi64.tinypic.com/1zoakc4.jpg
Heir
User ID: 397213
09-12-2017 07:40 PM

gmorning RE: Equifax hack, my kids future, what to do and NOT to do
No such links for Me . The page says things are being sorted out , no core breach was found and the previously mentioned " Waivers " specifically did not apply to this incident .

Also offered several now " Free Services " . ID Monitoring and such .

Public outrage seems to have gotten to Them .

Only reason I would even be listed is from possibly achieving a " Credit " status , resultant from past due medical claims arising from a Stroke . Sucked up all savings besides what " Insurance " covered .

Rackets , each and every .

Replacement 4 Local Link DELETED : The Constitution - Estate in Trust for the Heirs of Freedom

See : The Legacy On Archives Org
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 154711
09-12-2017 08:24 PM

Heir  Wrote: (09-12-2017 07:40 PM)
No such links for Me . The page says things are being sorted out , no core breach was found and the previously mentioned " Waivers " specifically did not apply to this incident .

Also offered several now " Free Services " . ID Monitoring and such .

Public outrage seems to have gotten to Them .

Only reason I would even be listed is from possibly achieving a " Credit " status , resultant from past due medical claims arising from a Stroke . Sucked up all savings besides what " Insurance " covered .

Rackets , each and every .

Ditto. I see no wheres to submit your last name to check to see if you are effected.. just the random "we are still investigating, but this is what we know .... " along w/ what should you do ? " We recommend that you remain vigilant of incidents of fraud and identity theft by reviewing account statements and monitoring your credit reports. If you believe you are the victim of identity theft, you should contact the proper law enforcement authorities, including local law enforcement."
Sarah
User ID: 257528
09-12-2017 08:28 PM

You'll never see a dime of restitution if you joint a class action, JMO.

A new website lets you automatically sue Equifax with a click

The entrepreneur behind DoNotPay, a free online chatbot that has successfully fought around 375,000 parking tickets in New York, Seattle, and the U.K., is launching a new service on Tuesday that will allow people to sue Equifax for $15,000 in mere minutes.

On September 7, Equifax revealed a massive cybersecurity breach that potentially exposed the Social Security numbers and other personal information of 143 million people. The breach has spurred two dozen lawsuits in federal court involving lawyers who want to represent many plaintiffs. But it tends to be tough for individuals to sue companies like Equifax on their own.

“Three days ago I realized I should definitely be doing something for this,” Joshua Browder, DoNotPay’s creator, told Yahoo Finance. “I was doing research and I found no one is going down to small claims court on the state level.”

continued

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/new-websi...D=ref_fark
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 429943
09-12-2017 08:32 PM

This is one of the things that I find annoying about these hackers that make videos and pretend to be "the good guys"...they hack and hurt average people.

They could invest all that effort into hacking banks and corporations and cleaning them out and redistributing their assets...but no...they want to hack the guy who can barely make his gas/credit card payment.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism"...Aristotle
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 429943
09-12-2017 08:36 PM

It is going to be interesting to see this all plays out in the near and more distant future.

The convenience of electronic banking and finance is not secure and never will be completely secure. As long as there are passwords and account numbers...they will find a way in.

The only computer that is secure is the one not connected to the internet or any kind of network at all.

How much does anyone want to bet that this will inevitably bring us one step closer to getting chipped. They'll use "security" as an excuse and millions of sheep will fall for it. Most sheep are always ready to give up some liberty for some security...and they deserve neither at that point...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism"...Aristotle
Heir
09-12-2017 08:38 PM

Small Claims ! ? ? ! Now that's original . Let's see . . . . . . .

Here's a NOLO PRESS page with Dollar Limits by State . From a low of $2,500 to a max of $25,000 .

Equifax is located in . . . Atlanta . . . Georgia . . . $15,000 (no limit in eviction cases).

Hummm . . . . need to dig a little deeper into this web suit business .

Replacement 4 Local Link DELETED : The Constitution - Estate in Trust for the Heirs of Freedom

Karu
User ID: 430457
09-12-2017 08:42 PM

Sarah  Wrote: (09-12-2017 08:28 PM)
You'll never see a dime of restitution if you joint a class action, JMO.

A new website lets you automatically sue Equifax with a click

The entrepreneur behind DoNotPay, a free online chatbot that has successfully fought around 375,000 parking tickets in New York, Seattle, and the U.K., is launching a new service on Tuesday that will allow people to sue Equifax for $15,000 in mere minutes.

On September 7, Equifax revealed a massive cybersecurity breach that potentially exposed the Social Security numbers and other personal information of 143 million people. The breach has spurred two dozen lawsuits in federal court involving lawyers who want to represent many plaintiffs. But it tends to be tough for individuals to sue companies like Equifax on their own.

“Three days ago I realized I should definitely be doing something for this,” Joshua Browder, DoNotPay’s creator, told Yahoo Finance. “I was doing research and I found no one is going down to small claims court on the state level.”

continued

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/new-websi...D=ref_fark

snip:

The lawsuits are by no means a slam dunk. Besides having to show up at the hearing, the plaintiff will be obligated to justify the restitution.

“The trouble is that it’s hard for the plaintiff to show they’ve been injured,” said Brian Fitzpatrick, a law professor at Vanderbilt Law School specializing in class action litigation. “If you have to change your credit card agencies or contact agencies, that’s something. You can go to court and say, ‘my time is worth X, I want that back.’ But someone’s going to have to articulate those arguments.”

If people can’t do that, or if the judges want detail, then this bot may just be a “paper tiger,” according to Fitzpatrick. “On the other hand, the defendants have to do something to respond, otherwise they’d be in default,” he said.

Individual lawsuits are rare, so corporations strongly prefer them over class actions, which don’t require much consumer initiative. But if somehow individuals started filing lawsuits — perhaps thanks to DoNotPay — the entire landscape could change.

“In a world where a lot of people could sue on their own, I think the defendants are going to like class actions better,” said Fitzpatrick. “They’re not going to want to send a lawyer to every small claims hearings. If someone can figure out a way to make small stakes claims litigable a reality, then I really wonder if it changes the politics of the class action debate.”

Whether it’s a success will depend on how people use it, and whether they win. But at the very least, Browder noted, this specific issue makes an enticing opportunity to try given the visibility, size, and the safety. “There’s no risk in this,” he said. “It’s not like Equifax can say this is unreasonable.”

If society fell apart, we - the people would build a new one. Most people are good at their core, and when we see things that are wrong we work to fix them together. Make friends with your neighbors, get involved with your community - because we will rebuild our lives, our communities, from horrible circumstances we always will.
Heir
09-12-2017 08:46 PM

Looks interesting . Individual Claims are gauged by State of Residence and Small Claims Procedures peculiar to each State .

Sure stirred up a mess in California , suing Public Officials for Performance of Contract concerning Oath and Bond requirements .

Think I'll follow this story for a while .

Fork 5G
User ID: 430464
09-12-2017 08:48 PM

banana RE: Equifax hack, my kids future, what to do and NOT to do
I was sent an email with link to waive Any legal action in exchange for premium gold account whatever heck that is and in the same email it stated my credit score had changed since the hack!

I didn't sign anything and you bet I will be suing!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 429579
09-12-2017 08:58 PM

In case you didn't know your kids don't have any future! 5 to 10 years at most.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 332079
09-12-2017 09:20 PM

The first step in cleaning this mess is to have the three credit bureaus remove all information about anyone available via internet. That should solve any hacking problem in the future. Second, anyone commuting ID theft should face the death penalty. That should solve any would be criminals from doing this.

Poasemfh
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication