News
news The great thaw of America's north is coming
news 3 Weird Impacts From Storm Ophelia Explained
news A Look Back at the McMinnville UFO Photos
news Chinese Space Station to Crash to Earth Soon
news An Eerie Anniversary: October 1987
news Shadow People On The Loose
news A mysterious hole nearly the size of South Carolina has opened in Antarctica's ice
news A Case for Time Travelers
news Floating Wind Farms in the North Atlantic Could Power the World
news UFO' spotted over Yellowstone volcano?
news Is A.I. Going Too Far?

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average

America is Changing, Have You Noticed?
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 368318
10-12-2017 02:57 PM

America is Changing, Have You Noticed?
Advertisement
Lately, I've read a lot of articles about how things are changing in one are or other of American society and culture.

Grocery stores are going out of business left and right. The newer generations don't cook at home.
They order out.

DIY stores are in trouble because their customer base of people who fix things and upgrade their homes.
Younger generations aren't interested in owning their own home. They rent apartments and homes.
They can't even hammer a nail without instructions apparently or do more than change a lightbulb.

Millenials and I-gens aren't interested in cars or driving. It may be the real driving force in having self driving cars because they could see that their business models were going to suffer well into the future.
But, that is not the answer. These will probably just expect to rely on Uber or taxis to get them anywhere.

They have been the driving force behind the growth of Amazon and personal shopping stores like Shipt.
They don't want to shop, they want a box delivered to their door because well, they aren't driving, see the above.

Newer generations don't go to church as much.
They don't watch NFL football.
They don't watch network TV and News. And that's probably a good thing.

In short, the apple pie, football, cars, and America meme of who America thinks they are is changing.
The fundamental identity of being a prosperous and "good" people is diverging, as well.

We are not a melting pot. We are a double boiler that is distilling us into distinct haves and have nots.
We are becoming diverse on the one hand and completely hand-held two dimensional on the other.

How do you see the landscape of America as a country going forward? Suburban subdivisions sprouting up as far as the eye can see going away and going back to seedy overgrowth as these new gens seek life in gentrified inner city dwellings? Walkable cities and bikeable closeness being their chief requirements?
Quote this message in a reply

VM
User ID: 433552
10-12-2017 03:10 PM

RE: America is Changing, Have You Noticed?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (10-12-2017 02:57 PM)
Lately, I've read a lot of articles about how things are changing in one are or other of American society and culture.

Grocery stores are going out of business left and right. The newer generations don't cook at home.
They order out.

DIY stores are in trouble because their customer base of people who fix things and upgrade their homes.
Younger generations aren't interested in owning their own home. They rent apartments and homes.
They can't even hammer a nail without instructions apparently or do more than change a lightbulb.

Millenials and I-gens aren't interested in cars or driving. It may be the real driving force in having self driving cars because they could see that their business models were going to suffer well into the future.
But, that is not the answer. These will probably just expect to rely on Uber or taxis to get them anywhere.

They have been the driving force behind the growth of Amazon and personal shopping stores like Shipt.
They don't want to shop, they want a box delivered to their door because well, they aren't driving, see the above.

In short, the apple pie, football, cars, and America meme of who America thinks they are is changing.
The fundamental identity of being a prosperous and "good" people is diverging, as well.

We are not a melting pot. We are a double boiler that is distilling us into distinct haves and have nots.
We are becoming diverse on the one hand and completely hand-held two dimensional on the other.

How do you see the landscape of America as a country going forward? Suburban subdivisions sprouting up as far as the eye can see going away and going back to seedy overgrowth as these new gens seek life in gentrified inner city dwellings? Walkable cities and bikeable closeness being their chief requirements?

We are to live like china-men.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 422221
10-12-2017 03:11 PM

Increasing urbanisation changed societies perspective
CabinMan
User ID: 397976
10-12-2017 03:18 PM

I am a milennial by definition, though I don't identify as such, nor do I share their values. I was raised by my grandparents primarily as a child (mom and dad worked all the time). They went through the Great Depression, which is how I live now. Long days and nights, hard labor, and a hunger to thrive in adverse conditions.

So, there are those that argue that I have no say since I don't "participate". I don't need/want a say as long as they keep their noses out of my business, just as I do for them.

The way I live is still protected by constitutional law... Modern living lives under political law and political correctness. I have no inkling of a feeling to trade my 100 hr week to tiptoe around the tulips in my own backyard.

It is what it is and you are who you are.

We don't blame cars for drunk drivers. Why blame guns for violent people?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 03:19 PM by CabinMan.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-12-2017 03:22 PM

Supposedly, the driving force behind the changes is the invention of i-Phone/smart phones.
And to an extent the internet in general. That they are the impetus that is changing the way America lives.

The upheaval that is going to occur in society is going to be huge. It's just trickling in now. But, you can see it in the way that car sales are faltering. Partly because they've priced themselves out of business. Adding things like videos to back up and sensors for everything.
So, the cost of owning a car is outweighing it's usefulness.

Where I grew up, there was only one Taxi service in a moderate-sized city. Because the only people who ever used them were poor people who could not afford a car or had so many DUIs they didn't drive and drunks on the weekend to avoid becoming one of these DUIers.

Now, there are probably 8 different Taxi services. More people biking everywhere you go. Uber drivers. What changed? Less people able to afford cars and/or people who just don't drive.

I have a distant relative who got in on the ground floor of Shipt. She is moving up fast because the business is growing so fast. It's all about buying groceries and delivering them as a personal shopper.
I know when I go to the grocery stores, there are far fewer customers shopping in them at any given time. And it could be they too, have priced themselves and sprawled themselves out of business. The gargantuan grocery stores are closing in favor of small stores that offer fewer items, like Aldi, or local food stores not chain stores.

Things are changing.
LoP Guest
lop guest
10-12-2017 03:26 PM

CabinMan  Wrote: (10-12-2017 03:18 PM)
I am a milennial by definition, though I don't identify as such, nor do I share their values. I was raised by my grandparents primarily as a child (mom and dad worked all the time). They went through the Great Depression, which is how I live now. Long days and nights, hard labor, and a hunger to thrive in adverse conditions.

So, there are those that argue that I have no say since I don't "participate". I don't need/want a say as long as they keep their noses out of my business, just as I do for them.

The way I live is still protected by constitutional law... Modern living lives under political law and political correctness. I have no inkling of a feeling to trade my 100 hr week to tiptoe around the tulips in my own backyard.

Do you notice a marked difference in your fellow Millenials attitudes and abilities and rugged individualism and values?

I don't see anything wrong with the growth in people who are less acquisitive and materialistic. But, that's what America has prized for a long time.

Where do we go from here?
Arkansas_Ted
User ID: 421578
10-12-2017 03:27 PM

You are special. Hold on to it.
CabinMan
10-12-2017 03:31 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (10-12-2017 03:22 PM)
Supposedly, the driving force behind the changes is the invention of i-Phone/smart phones.
And to an extent the internet in general. That they are the impetus that is changing the way America lives.

The upheaval that is going to occur in society is going to be huge. It's just trickling in now. But, you can see it in the way that car sales are faltering. Partly because they've priced themselves out of business. Adding things like videos to back up and sensors for everything.
So, the cost of owning a car is outweighing it's usefulness.

Where I grew up, there was only one Taxi service in a moderate-sized city. Because the only people who ever used them were poor people who could not afford a car or had so many DUIs they didn't drive and drunks on the weekend to avoid becoming one of these DUIers.

Now, there are probably 8 different Taxi services. More people biking everywhere you go. Uber drivers. What changed? Less people able to afford cars and/or people who just don't drive.

I have a distant relative who got in on the ground floor of Shipt. She is moving up fast because the business is growing so fast. It's all about buying groceries and delivering them as a personal shopper.
I know when I go to the grocery stores, there are far fewer customers shopping in them at any given time. And it could be they too, have priced themselves and sprawled themselves out of business. The gargantuan grocery stores are closing in favor of small stores that offer fewer items, like Aldi, or local food stores not chain stores.

Things are changing.

All of my vehicles are early 90s or before. They are the only vehicles that you can use for farm work and commute, without breaking down all the time. Also, the only vehicles you can work on without computers when they do break.

You need trade school just to learn the diagnostics of new cars and their computer systems. Perhaps that is a larger issue than you elude to.

Nothing new is user friendly, bult to last, or of an quality near what things were even 20 years ago. Plastic and aluminum... That's what killed quality industry.

From my limited understanding, grocery stores don't sell real food and prices are ridiculous. I don't mind so much. Keeps the customer base steady and loyal.

CabinMan
10-12-2017 03:35 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (10-12-2017 03:26 PM)

Do you notice a marked difference in your fellow Millenials attitudes and abilities and rugged individualism and values?

I don't see anything wrong with the growth in people who are less acquisitive and materialistic. But, that's what America has prized for a long time.

Where do we go from here?

I have one friend in my age range... The rest I couldn't stand. That's not to say they're all bad, hell, I dunno everyone.

Materialistic... Yea, most people are nowadays whether milennial or older. I was one of the last generations before the Internet... That's saying something.

Where do we go from here? I know where I go, but society as a whole has its own problems that THEY need to solve. I chose my path and I'm a firm believer in the individual. Everybody has choices to make...

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 03:36 PM by CabinMan.) Quote this message in a reply
CabinMan
10-12-2017 03:35 PM

Arkansas_Ted  Wrote: (10-12-2017 03:27 PM)

You are special. Hold on to it.

Thanks.

Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 410205
10-12-2017 03:38 PM

All good things must come to an end.

The destruction of the family unit is a big part of the problems we now face.

Mom and dad no longer able to make it on a single income...both parents working and depending on the state and daycare to raise their kids. Throw in some irresponsible people and add a splash of just downright evil and a new path and direction is started.

In creeps the communist subversion of the education system. Parents not involved in their kids education were oblivious to the sh*t that was being pumped into the brains of their kids...

2-3 generations later and we have unrecoverable damage. Even if we fired all the communist teachers today, rehired all new teachers and educators that have no agenda...it would take 15 to 20 years to produce a freedom loving, liberty based generation. The 2-3 tainted generations are just lost...forever.

You should watch this guy's interviews. There are a few of them and they can be quite long...but here is a short clip of one.

Pay attention and think ...this was a warning from the early 80's...1983-1984 I think...

The changes we are experiencing were intentional, targeted and malicious. Even though the USSR fell in the late 90's the mission to bring down the USA from within did not stop.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism"...Aristotle
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 03:40 PM by Damrod.) Quote this message in a reply
BlackGhost
Flight of The Dragon
User ID: 299265
10-12-2017 03:55 PM

a large percentage is not like you though, I was talking with an Albertson store manager about a month ago. He was complaining that many of the new kids being interviewed, had an unrealistic view of the world. high pay, lots of vacation time and flexible hours so the job could fit around their schedule.

I was like huh, you're kidding me??? he was dead serious.

The other part is my sister is a professor at a fairly reputable university, and she says, the kids graduating and entering college cannot think for themselves and struggle to write a coherent English sentence. They actually expect her to give them the answers so they can just go home and memorize what they need to know for the tests.

My own daughter went from 6th grade to a senior in high school with straight As and never studied or cracked a textbook open, until the last semester of her senior year where she took economics. She actually congratulated the teacher for at least giving her a challenge. Things like how the US government works, separations of power and/or how laws are created was seen as uncommon knowledge for her to have as a junior in High School.

this is in so. cal. btw, I'm looking it as scary and almost a blessing at the same time... managers who are looking for a strong work ethic, are going to be less picky about older guys like me when we apply for a job. It just has not hit them yet, give it a few more years.

☯ On occasion I sit on the edge of the universe, to watch new space expand as stardust shining in the light, with thin threads of blue flowing out like rivers giving birth to new life. ☯
CabinMan
10-12-2017 04:02 PM

BlackGhost  Wrote: (10-12-2017 03:55 PM)

a large percentage is not like you though, I was talking with an Albertson store manager about a month ago. He was complaining that many of the new kids being interviewed, had an unrealistic view of the world. high pay, lots of vacation time and flexible hours so the job could fit around their schedule.

I was like huh, you're kidding me??? he was dead serious.

The other part is my sister is a professor at a fairly reputable university, and she says, the kids graduating and entering college cannot think for themselves and struggle to write a coherent English sentence. They actually expect her to give them the answers so they can just go home and memorize what they need to know for the tests.

My own daughter went from 6th grade to a senior in high school with straight As and never studied or cracked a textbook open, until the last semester of her senior year where she took economics. She actually congratulated the teacher for at least giving her a challenge. Things like how the US government works, separations of power and/or how laws are created was seen as uncommon knowledge for her to have as a junior in High School.

this is in so. cal. btw, I'm looking it as scary and almost a blessing at the same time... managers who are looking for a strong work ethic, are going to be less picky about older guys like me when we apply for a job. It just has not hit them yet, give it a few more years.

I know plenty of (what I deem as such) worthless people of all ages. Funny thing is, high schools don't have ag or shop class anymore. No more school sponsored shooting matches. Nothing of sustenance.

On top of that, how is a know-nothing set of parents going to train their children? It trickles down. Their parents know nothing, now their kids know nothing, and their kids will now know nothing.

It's one thing to be book smart but putting it into application is where most people are lacking... That and they rely on the Internet for information. Kids write reports on the Grand Canyon. They know everything that there is to know about it. How many have been there and learned the reality of it?

Technology makes people too complacent. Complacency is not a good thing...

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 04:02 PM by CabinMan.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 401034
10-12-2017 04:12 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (10-12-2017 02:57 PM)

They order out.

All due to the creation of the Internet. We don't have choices anymore, only the illusion of having many choices. Everywhere you look or turn that company or persons you see working for a particular company or the stuff you buy of a particular company is really a tentacle of a much bigger parent company that you probably dislike or don't trust etc... Perfect example is Amazon and what theyre doing. Or Clorox or Nestle etc...

What you think is rare or different or out of the box, or exclusive,,, is nothing but inclusive.

Our children's generation(and after them) will not know this. All we can do is inform them about this illusion.

The internet made this possible. Yes there are many pros in having the internet , but at the end its a perfect vehicle to remove the ability to choose and trick the masses that they have an infinite amount of choices .

Well they don't.
Blue Dude
User ID: 412341
10-12-2017 04:35 PM

Charles Murray wrote a book documenting the social changes that have occurred in America since 1963 in 2012. 'The State of White America' great statistical analysis of the decline of a culture.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication