News
news The Mystery of the Belmez Faces
news NASA to test ‘space lasers’ with latest launch
news Satellite Images Of Strange Lost City in the South Pacific
news Do Aliens Come From Under the Oceans?
news Bizarre Paranormal Mysteries of World War I
news Human brains and bodies could be hacked to create life in hostile environments
news Nuke fallout alert as Russian radioactive leak sweeps across Europe
news Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth
news Government Files and the Abominable Snowman
news Mind-Controlled Drone Swarms Could Soon Put More Eyes in the Sky
news How America’s National Parks Became Hotbeds of Paranormal Activity

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.54 Average

The war on coal is over. Coal lost.
spɹɐʍoɔ snoɯʎuouɐ
Vocem sine nomine audivit!
User ID: 350320
10-16-2017 06:29 PM

The war on coal is over. Coal lost.
Advertisement
Coal can’t compete with cheaper clean energy. The Trump administration can’t save expensive, dirty energy.

Quote:Pruitt’s Clean Power Plan repeal justification is largely based on bogus economics, which the Trump administration is using to reduce government estimates of the ‘social cost of carbon.’ This figure – which estimates how much a ton of carbon pollution costs society in terms of damages caused by climate change – is integral to many government policies. A majority of economists think the government’s estimate is too low, but Pruitt’s EPA manipulated the math by ignoring the costs of America’s carbon pollution to the rest of the world, and by using a high discount rate, which essentially says we care more about saving money now than preventing climate damages and suffering for future generations.

[Image: 960.png?w=620&q=20&auto=...b05a22f4d1]

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...-coal-lost

[Image: ugKHqGP.jpg]
©®℮å†E
Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 412052
10-16-2017 06:31 PM

RE: The war on coal is over. Coal lost.
facepalm
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 410205
10-16-2017 06:36 PM

[Image: 68ab0o.jpg]

I love you idiots...

When the grid goes down either from age, inefficiency or attack...you are so going to wish you had a couple lumps of coal to stave off freezing to death in winter. I really hope you live somewhere that gets really cold.

Beyond that, coal liquification to gasoline works but it is very inefficient. Once oil prices start to rise again and get to a certain point, the liquification process will become more viable from a cost perspective. There was a liquification plant not 10 miles from where I lived as a kid. It works just fine but this was back in the 70's and oil was a lot cheaper then. It couldn't compete back then...but it will eventually.

Coal is not going away fucktard...it will be back in due time...

I plan on making as much acid rain as possible just to piss dipshits like you off....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism"...Aristotle
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 06:37 PM by Damrod.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 433929
10-16-2017 06:41 PM

Meh but Obama's policies on still gone and in the end that is all that really matters.Lmao
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 410205
10-16-2017 06:47 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (10-16-2017 06:41 PM)
Meh but Obama's policies on still gone and in the end that is all that really matters.Lmao

Jhikpghf

Oloser's legacy is one big fat f*cking failure...

[Image: 358djx3.jpg]

[Image: 15gp7cm.jpg]

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty means responsibility, which is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotism"...Aristotle
DirtyAnnie
User ID: 228559
10-16-2017 06:49 PM

well I live in coal country and they are mining like crazy here
Fallingdown
User ID: 431006
10-16-2017 06:50 PM

China and south Africa are already liquefying coal to make gasoline. Along with many such projects in the US.

Thread killer and I have no reservations whatsoever .

[Image: bHlBlTC.gif]
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 434038
10-16-2017 07:55 PM

spɹɐʍoɔ snoɯʎuouɐ  Wrote: (10-16-2017 06:29 PM)
Coal can’t compete with cheaper clean energy. The Trump administration can’t save expensive, dirty energy.

Quote:Pruitt’s Clean Power Plan repeal justification is largely based on bogus economics, which the Trump administration is using to reduce government estimates of the ‘social cost of carbon.’ This figure – which estimates how much a ton of carbon pollution costs society in terms of damages caused by climate change – is integral to many government policies. A majority of economists think the government’s estimate is too low, but Pruitt’s EPA manipulated the math by ignoring the costs of America’s carbon pollution to the rest of the world, and by using a high discount rate, which essentially says we care more about saving money now than preventing climate damages and suffering for future generations.

link to image: https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/c057ae772...b05a22f4d1

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...-coal-lost

This is mostly bullshit.

I'm sure there is some downsides to burning coal, but I can't think of any offhand.

The benefits of burning coal are over $1 trillion per year - and that is just from the 60% more fish, food, and fiber from post 1900 CO2.

The massive number of wild animals that we saved from extinction with more CO2 hasn't been tallied.

If we burn enough coal we could be getting half of our food (100% increase) from more CO2.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 434038
10-16-2017 07:59 PM

Damrod  Wrote: (10-16-2017 06:36 PM)
link to image: http://i64.tinypic.com/68ab0o.jpg

I love you idiots...

When the grid goes down either from age, inefficiency or attack...you are so going to wish you had a couple lumps of coal to stave off freezing to death in winter. I really hope you live somewhere that gets really cold.

Beyond that, coal liquification to gasoline works but it is very inefficient. Once oil prices start to rise again and get to a certain point, the liquification process will become more viable from a cost perspective. There was a liquification plant not 10 miles from where I lived as a kid. It works just fine but this was back in the 70's and oil was a lot cheaper then. It couldn't compete back then...but it will eventually.

I plan on making as much acid rain as possible just to piss dipshits like you off....

Spoken like a true west virgina tard.

West virgina would rather starve then reinvent itself.
House of M
M Theory Cubed
User ID: 422226
10-16-2017 08:00 PM

Bring back coal and remove the regulations!

Make Black Lung Disease Great Again!!

CheerCheerCheer

Holy Mackerel Catman!

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 432279
10-16-2017 08:06 PM

Look at the LOSERS whine. Music to my ears. Now go PAY the GLOBAL carbon tax or be EXTERMINATED, Pay up and they will immediately SAVE THE WORLD!!!
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 434039
10-16-2017 08:14 PM

Most of my family lives in coal country, it's polluted their air and water.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 434039
10-16-2017 08:18 PM

The truth is WV hills are filled with marijuana and the people are oxycontin adicts!

That's the real truth about WV.

Oh and the dog and rooster fights.
Fallingdown
User ID: 431006
10-16-2017 08:33 PM

[Image: 68ab0o.jpg]

I love you idiots...

Actually coal to gasoline techniques. Are viable, efficient and until three years ago competitive .

Thread killer and I have no reservations whatsoever .

[Image: bHlBlTC.gif]
No name fits
lop guest
User ID: 413564
10-16-2017 08:39 PM

link to image: http://i64.tinypic.com/68ab0o.jpg

I love you idiots...

This
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication