News
news China's Chilling 'Social Credit System' Is Straight Out of Dystopian Sci-Fi
news UFO 'death ray' made Korean War GIs sick
news The Haunted States of America
news When the Supernatural Feeds on Us
news Russian space agency says space station hole was deliberate sabotage
news Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
news 1950s Science Kit Had Real Uranium
news We're Probably Living in a Simulation, Elon Musk Says
news It’s Now Possible To Telepathically Communicate with a Drone Swarm
news New material to 'speed spacecraft to 134,000,000 mph'
news The future of food: what we’ll eat in 2028

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

correspondences ..... amazing !!! what is a swedenborg ?
great-grandfather
User ID: 368253
11-09-2018 05:43 AM

stars correspondences ..... amazing !!! what is a swedenborg ?
Advertisement
i have been reading about swedenborg ...... who ? yes swedenborg ...... genius.

i love this !!.... i will post some amazing bits of knowledge in this thread ...... i hope you find something interesting.

a short one to start......

Quote this message in a reply
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 05:47 AM

RE: correspondences ..... amazing !!! what is a swedenborg ?
Emanuel Swedenborg
Swedish scientist
Image result for swedenburg
Emanuel Swedenborg was a Swedish Lutheran theologian, scientist, philosopher, revelator and mystic who inspired Swedenborgianism. He is best known for his book on the afterlife, Heaven and Hell (1758). Swedenborg had a prolific career as an inventor and scientist. Wikipedia
Born: January 29, 1688, Stockholm, Sweden
Died: March 29, 1772, London, United Kingdom
Education: Uppsala universitet
Influenced by: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, Plato, Aristotle, Augustine of Hippo, René Descartes, Isaac Newton, Plotinus
Quotes
True charity is the desire to be useful to others with no thought of recompense.
Love in its essence is spiritual fire.
The Divine of the Lord in heaven is love, for the reason that love is receptive of all things of heaven, such as peace, intelligence, wisdom and happiness.
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 05:51 AM

great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:00 AM

this is an excellent introduction to a swedenborg...........give it a few minutes.... would love to discuss.....

Isabella
User ID: 421592
11-09-2018 06:09 AM

A blast from the past in my life.
Swedenborg was a favorite of my moms...

When we were kids and complained about going to the dentist she would always say something like ,"you think you're Swedenborg and can grow new teeth,?
iirc, quite a few years ago I looked it up on the internet and either he said he grew new teeth or that it's possible?
Crazy though what stays with us, I can't remember anything else she spoke about when reading him, maybe angels?

I have some of her books by him and should check them out,

great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:14 AM

Isabella  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:09 AM)
A blast from the past in my life.
Swedenborg was a favorite of my moms...

When we were kids and complained about going to the dentist she would always say something like ,"you think you're Swedenborg and can grow new teeth,?
iirc, quite a few years ago I looked it up on the internet and either he said he grew new teeth or that it's possible?
Crazy though what stays with us, I can't remember anything else she spoke about when reading him, maybe angels?

I have some of her books by him and should check them out,

lmao ..... my mothers also !!...... "offthelefteye" channel is extremely interesting....

i believe this is one of the spiritual paths to the real truth that hasnt been corrupted and hidden from us......i think he came along at the right time, the rc church had done their corruptions to the bible and organized religion had kinda missed this guy.
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:29 AM

great-grandfather  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:00 AM)
this is an excellent introduction to a swedenborg...........give it a few minutes.... would love to discuss.....

@ 26 mins absolutely explains many shootings where the friends and neighbors are in disbelief about the shooters state of mind !!
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:37 AM

great-grandfather  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:00 AM)

@ 35 Mins is the most profound.... important.... must be heard information !!!

this is what inspired me to investigate swedenborg farther.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018 06:38 AM by great-grandfather.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 464795
11-09-2018 06:48 AM

I lived near a Swedenborg community in Glenview, Illinois for a while. One of my best friends actually lived in the community, in a house with several other people.

It's basically a cult, GG. Very strict rules. Not too much unlike perhap, Mennonites, or Amish. They are very tight knit, and you have to be able to prove your heritage to even be allowed in the community.

It's really not something to be enamoured with.
LoP Guest
lop guest
11-09-2018 06:53 AM

Here is info about the community in Glenview.

Quote:SWEDENBORGIANS, TOWN A GOOD MATCH
Anne Little
CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Visitors passing between two stone gateposts as they enter Park Lane from Shermer Road in Glenview probably wouldn`t know they were entering an almost century-old religious community.

The unpretentious homes, some large, some small, reflect architectural styles dating from the last century.

More here:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-x...story.html
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:54 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:48 AM)
I lived near a Swedenborg community in Glenview, Illinois for a while. One of my best friends actually lived in the community, in a house with several other people.

It's basically a cult, GG. Very strict rules. Not too much unlike perhap, Mennonites, or Amish. They are very tight knit, and you have to be able to prove your heritage to even be allowed in the community.

you dont have to be a member of any religous group to study swedenborg ! ...
but that church does look like a church i wouldnt kick out of my community.

http://glenviewnewchurch.org/getting-inv...y-service/

Community Service
The Glenview New Church is a kind and helpful community of people that seeks to serve the broader community in a number of different ways.

In addition to our regular church offerings, our members volunteer their time and energy to a number of different local charities, including helping neighbors in need with meals and support, sorting donations at the Northfield Township Food Pantry, putting together spring holiday baskets at the Pantry; offering donations of food to local shelters at Thanksgiving time, and helping restore prarie lands in Glenview.

Community & School Garden
Community Garden

One way we seek to positively impact the lives of children and adults, within and outside our own church community, is by maintaining a Community/School vegetable garden. It is an educational vehicle for the Glenview New Church School, and the community helps to maintain it, especially in the summer when school is not in session. The broader community, beyond the church community, is also welcome to get involved. Garden produce is given to (1) the school, for educational purposes, (2) needy families in our own church, (3) the Northfield Township Food Pantry, and (4) garden workers. For more information on our volunteer services, or to become involved, contact Roxanne Junge.
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 06:59 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:53 AM)

Quote:SWEDENBORGIANS, TOWN A GOOD MATCH
Anne Little
CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Visitors passing between two stone gateposts as they enter Park Lane from Shermer Road in Glenview probably wouldn`t know they were entering an almost century-old religious community.

The unpretentious homes, some large, some small, reflect architectural styles dating from the last century.

More here:

did you read your link? ...... sound like wonderful people ? no ? (from 1985 article)

Isabella
User ID: 421592
11-09-2018 07:06 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:48 AM)

Same thing happened with Rudolf Steiner's followers...most are very cultish, especially those involved with the Waldorf Schools.
If Steiner only knew the outrageous tuition they charge and how his philosophy became an us verses them mind-set.

Maybe he does know?chuckle

LoP Guest
lop guest
11-09-2018 07:12 AM

great-grandfather  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:59 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:53 AM)

More here:

did you read your link? ...... sound like wonderful people ? no ? (from 1985 article)

They are. Although the article points out that they are active in the community, you cannot just decide to live in the enclave. As said, you have to he able to prove heritage. My friend had to be interviewed with documentation to live there. I am 3/4 Swedish, or wouldnt have been allowed to even visit here there, in her living quarters. I had to be introduced to the rest of the people that shared the house. I also was only allowed to be there certain times of the day.

They are also similar to other groups that they have to marry somebody with ties to the religion (not unlike pre-arranged marriages) and they do not marry outsiders.

Yes, anybody can study, however, you will never be fully integrated without the heritage, just like some of the other religious groups I mentioned.

No alcohol allowed, and needless to say, my friend Jayne lost her ability to stay there after we hit a few clubs on Clark St. In Chicago one night....chuckle We had 'em fooled for over a year though. chucklechuckle
great-grandfather
11-09-2018 07:25 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (11-09-2018 07:12 AM)
great-grandfather  Wrote: (11-09-2018 06:59 AM)

They are. Although the article points out that they are active in the community, you cannot just decide to live in the enclave. As said, you have to he able to prove heritage. My friend had to be interviewed with documentation to live there. I am 3/4 Swedish, or wouldnt have been allowed to even visit here there, in her living quarters. I had to be introduced to the rest of the people that shared the house. I also was only allowed to be there certain times of the day.

They are also similar to other groups that they have to marry somebody with ties to the religion (not unlike pre-arranged marriages) and they do not marry outsiders.

Yes, anybody can study, however, you will never be fully integrated without the heritage, just like some of the other religious groups I mentioned.

No alcohol allowed, and needless to say, my friend Jayne lost her ability to stay there after we hit a few clubs on Clark St. In Chicago one night....chuckle We had 'em fooled for over a year though. chucklechuckle

like i said.... you do not have to join a religous group to study philosophies and better yourself.....
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication