News
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons
news How plants reclaimed Chernobyl's poisoned land
news First Robot Arm Controlled by Thought Alone
news By 2050, many U.S. cities will have weather like they’ve never seen
news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedali
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 477735
01-11-2019 03:06 AM

Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedali
Advertisement
https://menghublog.wordpress.com/2012/05...iah-braun/

How Africans may differ from Westerners

by Gedaliah Braun

I am an American who taught philosophy in several African universities from 1976 to 1988, and have lived since that time in South Africa. When I first came to Africa, I knew virtually nothing about the continent or its people, but I began learning quickly. I noticed, for example, that Africans rarely kept promises and saw no need to apologize when they broke them. It was as if they were unaware they had done anything that called for an apology.

It took many years for me to understand why Africans behaved this way but I think I can now explain this and other behavior that characterizes Africa. I believe that morality requires abstract thinking — as does planning for the future — and that a relative deficiency in abstract thinking may explain many things that are typically African.

What follow are not scientific findings. There could be alternative explanations for what I have observed, but my conclusions are drawn from more than 30 years of living among Africans.

read more...
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 457279
01-11-2019 03:20 AM

RE: Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedali
LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 03:06 AM)

How Africans may differ from Westerners

by Gedaliah Braun

I am an American who taught philosophy in several African universities from 1976 to 1988, and have lived since that time in South Africa. When I first came to Africa, I knew virtually nothing about the continent or its people, but I began learning quickly. I noticed, for example, that Africans rarely kept promises and saw no need to apologize when they broke them. It was as if they were unaware they had done anything that called for an apology.

It took many years for me to understand why Africans behaved this way but I think I can now explain this and other behavior that characterizes Africa. I believe that morality requires abstract thinking — as does planning for the future — and that a relative deficiency in abstract thinking may explain many things that are typically African.

What follow are not scientific findings. There could be alternative explanations for what I have observed, but my conclusions are drawn from more than 30 years of living among Africans.

read more...

Ebola
Secret_Lies
lop guest
User ID: 454936
01-11-2019 05:07 AM

RE: Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedali
Fascinating. Not politically correct, very well written.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 438276
01-11-2019 05:13 AM

BS...

They have a conscience just like everyone else born with it
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 473838
01-11-2019 07:11 AM

Secret_Lies  Wrote: (01-11-2019 05:07 AM)

Yes. It brings out the truth that, as Wittgenstein pointed out, "The limits of one's language are the limits of one's world."

We are all trapped inside the amount of language that we know and cannot even begin to have certain thoughts, let alone express them, if we lack the words to do so.

This also explains why the posts of uneducated semi-literate posters usually consist of only a few usually irrelevant words - they simply don't have the vocabulary or grammar to be able to express anything else.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 445976
01-11-2019 07:18 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 05:13 AM)
BS...

They have a conscience just like everyone else born with it

Not if they have limited concepts.
More animalistic behavior with the cruder language.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 438276
01-11-2019 07:18 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 07:11 AM)
Secret_Lies  Wrote: (01-11-2019 05:07 AM)

Yes. It brings out the truth that, as Wittgenstein pointed out, "The limits of one's language are the limits of one's world."

We are all trapped inside the amount of language that we know and cannot even begin to have certain thoughts, let alone express them, if we lack the words to do so.

This also explains why the posts of uneducated semi-literate posters usually consist of only a few usually irrelevant words - they simply don't have the vocabulary or grammar to be able to express anything else.
^or is it that truth in a nutshell is too hard for you to understand
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 482712
01-11-2019 07:56 AM

It could also be because of the average IQ here in mordor,

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-in-south-africa.html

Cool number that. So yes, it's 'special' here, you thought your flat earthers are stupid,, think again, the majority here, can't even understand the abstract concept of 'tomorrow'

I love it here, I can hypnotise any fecker under 100 IQ easy peasy so I have a blast here, life in mordor is awesome, till the orcs go feral, an decide 'white people is best pork ever'
But we not worried, as long as the sun don't go dark in the middle of the day, and make em feral, or as long as the supermarkets stay open, everything will be fine...

LOL no it won't, we expecting mega tragedy an fatalities if we'll, anything out of the ordinary happens. Africa, is the new world, and soon we will all fight over it, amerika coming in from the top, China well,, they here in force, Russia says we a cemetery, which is true, USA can't seem to get past the Congo for some reason, ps thanks for invading my continent, its going to be fun, we look forward to returning the favor.
the ?
lop guest
User ID: 450690
01-11-2019 07:57 AM

very good , thanks
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 411912
01-11-2019 08:42 AM

It's not just africans.
It's any place still coming out of preliterate grouping.
Why are the chinese able to advance?
They are centuries ahead in their cultural organization, including that of europeans.
All are limited only in the amount of damage they can inflict upon their neighbors.

But the west has what china does not.
A concept called freedom.
Cherish it.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 470206
01-11-2019 08:44 AM

The Prussian educational system wanted to eliminate all imagination.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 470206
01-11-2019 08:46 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 08:42 AM)
Cherish it.

I have never seen that concept be represented by anything else but the ability to deal drugs and kill widows and orphans.
The biggest meanest assholes get to do whatever they want, and civilization, humanity and life itself be damned. If that is the plan, please poison us quicker.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 411912
01-11-2019 08:56 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 08:46 AM)
Cherish it.

I have never seen that concept be represented by anything else but the ability to deal drugs and kill widows and orphans.
The biggest meanest assholes get to do whatever they want, and civilization, humanity and life itself be damned. If that is the plan, please poison us quicker.

The behaviors above are thuggish and are means of control.
Freedom is something in the human that wants to escape these things.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 482696
01-11-2019 08:56 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (01-11-2019 08:46 AM)
Cherish it.

Bam
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 455396
01-11-2019 09:51 AM

As an White African, born and raised now living in the United States.

I have one reaction. Rofl

That is about all I can muster for a reaction.

I am alive today because Black Africans saved my life at great risk and peril to their own. People who owed me nothing but a promise to my parents that they would keep me safe, and when the time came, risked their lives killing the people who were there to kill me. Then taking a bigger risk smuggling me through the night 300 kilometers across the border to family friends who then got me off the continent.

Are there scumbags in Africa? Absolutely. There are scumbags everywhere.
An argument can be made that the more urban the environment, the more likely the chance you will encounter liars. Nope. There are just more people. In small, rural populations you have just as many lying scumbags as you have in have in high population cities. Sometimes more.

I has nothing to do with ethnicity, class, or religion, although the biggest liars I've ever met usually hide behind the wall of religion.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication